It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12/9/2010- Massive Internet Slowdown?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There was a massive Comcast outage the evening of the 5th lasting until about 1AM on the 6th this month affecting Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and Minnesota. Here's the thread. Somethings major is definately about to go down, or is already in the process of going down

Widespread Comcast Outage 12/5/2010-12/6/2010
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
My guess is that the Internet is slowing down a bit because of all the people shopping for Christmas presents. It has really expanded over the last few years, and I imagine that the net is slowing down a bit because of it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Don't forget that just under the covers of the net there is a war going on right now. Hacks and bots from both sides flying around and clogging up the web.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

When i was on ats last night about 1 am and the same time the night before, my recent posts page started jumping around and doing all sorts of weird things, like the task bar boxs just disappearing. never happened to me before, ever.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by Frogs

When i was on ats last night about 1 am and the same time the night before, my recent posts page started jumping around and doing all sorts of weird things, like the task bar boxs just disappearing. never happened to me before, ever.

I have had the same issue for about three days now. Not on every visit but more than a few times. I also experienced a significant slow down Tuesday and Wednesday.

I wonder if the "information war" is really slowing things down that much.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm in Louisiana, running XP Pro and IE8. I don't think I can remember pages ever loading so slowly. My brother owns the local ISP, and my bandwidth is crazy high. Doesn't seem to be helping tonite. It's moving like frozen molasses!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Very interesting responses...Well, like I said, I was just wondering what the rest of you were experiencing. Seems like there are more than a few that have had slower connections.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
WV here too. I'm on a wireless provider here, and there seems to be even more traffic during peak hours (afternoon/evening) until around midnight. After midnight though, until about 9 am, it's smooth sailing, even faster than normal. I think I'll have to chalk it up to simply more peak time traffic, probably due to holiday shopping.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
No issues here...and I am on the East Coast. Pennsylvania to be precise. My PC is online all day and I have not seen any packet differences from normal.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
All has been well in Canada.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Massive Internet Slowdown?

Yes! Has been driving me crazy for about a week. I'm about to fold and go to the library and look for a good book, instead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join