It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Riot Footage in England

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
it was actually pretty mild. i thought the attempts at vandalism were pathetic. and half assed. they couldnt even start a decent size fire, they all had these pissy little ones, from burning bits of paper.

i was watching this last night, seeing if anything really interesting happened. nope.

It was simply full of moronic teenagers. not all of them, but too many complete pricks.
how many of these people are even going to university? all i saw was school kids, and college people.
half of wich will either drop out or get kicked out

Rediculous protest
edit on 10-12-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Holy Sh*t those Students are kicking the police's @ss.

Isn't that a rare sight.

Too bad Americans are too fat and lazy to do the same thing that these kids are doing.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think the realization is hitting home at last, Our dire financial state isn't going to get better any time soon,

But..... If the students are as hard up as they claim, they can always resort to PLan B, get an employer to pay for said Qualifications. British Army paid for mine, R11 R12 R13 Have quite nice views in the summer...
edit on 10-12-2010 by foxhoundone because: Wrong button

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The last thing we need in the UK is another political party with the restraints party's enforce.

The whole party political system has failed us miserably and it's only current purpose is to mantain the current system which is slowly eradcating the few freedoms we had and which our forefathers fought and died for.

To see a man of honour like Vince Cable do such a turn around and actually propose these increases in student fees, something he vehemently opposed, shows how the party system corrupts and enforces it's will.

As I have said several times before here on ATS; we need radical electoral and parliamentary reform which makes party allegiance illegal for all elected officials.
The power of recall should be reintroduced and elected officials should vote in line with their conscience and the interests of their constituents as their only considerations.
Increased useage of referendums on key national and local issues should be introduced.

Partly politics and the self-centred, egotistical, corrupt and amoral politicians whose only cooncerns are presonal gain and advancement and blind obedience to party line and doctrine will only succeed in dragging this country back to something like Victorian times.

We can not allow that to happen.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doyle
Not sure if I'm first to point this out but imagine how many people would be involved if the weather wasn't so bad? How many would travel from all over the UK to show their vote of no confidence against the Tory coalition government? A lot of blame is put on the Lib Dems for this and in some cases rightly so, but lets not forget it's the Tories calling the shots on these policies. The news looks very similar to that of the 80's to me, anyone agree?
edit on 9/12/2010 by Doyle because: comma

It does not a genius to work out that the current banking created crisis is a perfect smokescreen for the tories to implement severe ideological changes that Thatcher failed to implement. In addition they have a fall guy, the lib dems. Absolutely perfect for the Tories.

The only problem the tories have is in convincing people that the crisis is not the fault of the banks (bankers are friends of the tory party). Hence why every single interviewed politician opens with the statement "Because of the financial crisis created by the last administration". Tories rarely mention bankers, never mention similar financial crisis outside the shores of the UK.

So I entirely agree with your assessment.

The diary of the anonymous senior civil servant that is published in the Observer every Sunday is classic reading and provides confirmation of what you and I are observing.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

in regards to how the British reacted, yes, it was violent. and yes, there were spurts of violence here and there in the form of riots but which were always calmed by a call to peace. the real violence did not occur until after independence was granted.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Typical US hater lol. Ok Im glad you shared your opinion with me and the rest of ATS. All hail the queen lmao blah blah Im not impressed with your little riot. 20 years ago over far less than what is going on now. It was more than a race war in those times. New Yorkers were angry at the police and the system that was put into place by the police of the time.

Race sparked it but of course the MSM covered it in the way you "believe" it to have been. I was there. If you've ever lived in NYC you would know that flipping a police car is a big deal. Over there you get hit with a baton, over you get tazered, hit with batons, maced, gun butted, attacked while you are handcuffed by police and even shot at by rubber bullets.

lol I cant believe the crap you just said but hey everyone is due their opinion, so thank you once again.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

The title of this thread is clearly whats wrong with the world. "Awesome... Riot".... Really?

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
Over there you get hit with a baton, over you get tazered, hit with batons, maced, gun butted, attacked while you are handcuffed by police and even shot at by rubber bullets.

That happens over here too, when it gets out of control.
edit on 10/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Yes, really. When peaceful protests don't work, that is all that is left. And paceful protests don't work. Can you (or anyone) tell me the last time a peaceful protest actually achieved the aim it set out to do? Any goverment policies changed over a peaceful protest? No. You can't. becasue peaceful protesting falls on deaf ears. So it is time to fight, you have to fight for your freedoms today. And if you don't, then who will?

I applaud these kids, they're gutsy. And March 26th should show a bigger force. Maybe they can get into a parlimentary building and evict it. Maybe even get good tactics against the police. Learning how to dissarm them would be a good start. Books as shields worked well yesterday, lets hope the kids can learn from this, and progress to more disruption, more air time on TV, and bigger, better outcomes from their protests.

Peaceful protesting is pointless. This is the future. And i'd much rather my tax money was spent on clearing up mess from protests, than killing people in wars. Last nights shinanigens probably adds up to about a few minutes gun fighting, or a missile or 2. i know where it's better spent.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan
This footage isn't awesome it's idiotic. What does rioting actually achieve? What a waste of time and energy.
The police they're hurling things at and clashing with are civilians as well, they're not the decision makers. There are no winners here. When will people learn that this type of behaviour is counterproductive.

Do you want me to write a 100 page list on what rioting has acheived? Try the poll tax riots for a start.

This behaviour is NOT counterproductive. There's zero evidence for that. You're told by the media and government its counterproductive, and just roll with it.

I guarantee violent protest is more effective than peaceful protest, and that history and facts show me to be right. Come, lets debate this issue. It's your move. Cite examples of peaceful protest having notable effect on government.

I never said anything about peaceful protests did I? I'm not going to cite examples of productive peaceful protests because I don't think they're very effective either.

John Major abolishing the Poll Tax was more likely due to the opinion polls only showing 2% support for it rather than simply the riots themselves. And even then you still have the Council Tax which was described in a 2003 report by the Audit Commission as "fundamentally flawed", so hardly a major victory there.

The best chance of making a change is if the overwhelming majority demand it, not simply a group of people rioting. Do you think police and protesters getting injured, some seriously, is productive? Do you think people behaving like this is ok? Resorting to violence is NOT the answer.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Americans have bigger and better everything.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I don't see many American's standing up for anything at the moment.

Go read some history and not some sanitised, US glorified and imagined Hollywood version.
edit on 10/12/10 by Freeborn because: To delete inapropriate comment

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Why is this Censored in America?

Haha 1:42, evan the police horse joins the riots.

This makes me feel proud and makes me realise why the people of Britain will never be complete slaves like the people of china and some other countrys.
edit on 10-12-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
the only thing governments understand is lots of angry people with guns and bombs, and if it wasnt for those kinds of people we wouldnt have a democracy we have today ,ohh and any politician that says protesting doesnt work is scum because they wouldnt have gotten into goverment if it wasnt for protesting that was very bloody and violent yrs ago ,the coalition government lied and made false promises to get into power , now thier in f*ck the people cos realy what can the people do now a very planned and peaceful protest that was heavily policed from the get go .goverments dont act for the people any more ,we need to wake more people up and fast

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

I don't want to get into some sort of "who has the bigger member" argument.... but England has had some pretty crazy riots....just do a little research, you'll find them.

You may think this riot/protest was tame and it probably was by even our own standards.... but at least these kids are out there doing something.... they're aware, they realise the government is not working for them and they're willing to do something about it.

People did the same at the G20 protest.... where they protested a group of Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors... and there was violence and "vandalism" there too.

People are starting to target the establishment... many of these acts of vandalism and violence are symbolic and in my opinion, a stark reminder of what is coming in the next few years.

It's not about whose country is the best and most violent when it comes to protesting.... it's about WHO is protesting... and I've seen more protests and violence and clashes with police in England in the last 4 years, than I've seen from America in a long, long time.

People need to get back out there and show them who's really running things....

Reminds me of this.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Those were just our students over fees, so imagine when it's the whole of us over growing taxes.

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

- Henry Ford

Now everyone is starting to figure it out, one is definitely coming.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

we cannot rest on the laurels of a braver group of people from the 60's who were willing to stand up for freedom.

seeing what is happening, i cannot even say that Americans are sheep. Sheep are smarter...Americans are more like cows. Dumb, standing there placated with their cud chewing.

Yeah, it sucks to say it. But just look at the average person standing next to you. Are they building a better tomorrow, or just ignoring the tyranny of today?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Can you tell me the last time an actual riot worked? I'm talking modern age, not 100 years plus ago not even 50 years... Riots don't work at all unless your talking a 100 million man march which is what would be needed to actually have a successful "riot" this day and age. So I'll wait and you tell me what the riots of the recent time have actually gotten changed, if you'd like I can help you not waste your time... the answer is Nothing!
edit on 10-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Can you tell me the last time an actual riot worked? I'm talking modern age, not 100 years plus ago not even 50 years... Riots don't work at all unless your talking a 100 million man march which is what would be needed to actually have a successful "riot" this day and age. So I'll wait and you tell me what the riots of the recent time have actually gotten changed, if you'd like I can help you not waste your time... the answer is nothing.

2 off the top of my head would be the Poll tax riots, and the Country Side Alliance protest. Ok, the CSA protest wasn't a full scale riot, but there was violence, quote alot of it. (was nice to see the toffs feel the blunt end of a baton, after condeming protestors for so long) Also, women, all of you ladies out there owe some gratitude for your liberation from being thought of as second class citizens. And that liberation came from fighting. The suffragettes fought for their rights, and for every woman.

so that's 2 recent ones, and 1 from a while ago. Can you find me ANY change which come from peaceful protests? I held my end up.
edit on 10/12/2010 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Your talking UK, which means absolutely nothing to me because the UK police have neither the man power or the materials to combat a riot (if there was one) in the USA. My point being I would've loved to see those to protests here, they would have been stopped quite abruptly. So please site and riots that took place and got something done in america, also I'm not talking protests since your being hypocritical to your other post where you said peaceful protest doesn't work. So therefor the "protest" you stated doesn't have anything to do with what I'm talking about. So please show me where this has worked and I'm not talking the UK, they riot every single day it seems, so how bout if you want to bring them into the picture you state all the "failed" riots, I'm sure there's plenty.

Also you said the first "two" you mentioned were recent, the first was about 20 years ago and the second was a protest so it isn't related to this "riot" thread.
edit on 10-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join