Awesome Riot Footage in England

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by helltick

I think they should go online and purchase their own riot gear, you know some tear gas bombs and some such stuff like thiat. I would definately not go out rioting in the US without the tear gas that's for sure!!!!

Tear Gas/CS etc. is a big no-no in the UK and will get you into a hell of a lot of trouble.

On the other hand, there are plenty of ways to acquire obsolete riot gear in the UK. Whether wearing it at a protest would infringe any UK laws, I'm not sure.

I do happen to have my own full-set of riot gear at home, a relic/keepsake from a past career, and no I wasn't working for the Police. I'm not sure I'd wear it at a protest, could very easily be taken as the opposition by the protestors!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chukka

Yeah it probably would cause a lot of trouble to buy it here in the US too, but they use it, so well, it's do unto others I say. They should be lucky nobody is bringing firearms at this point. I don't know they'd have to prove whom threw it/had possession and in a crowd that big could be kind of hard ya know?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Access to firearms is extremely limited in the UK, and in this instance I'm bloody glad they are - a bloodbath could have ensued. Traditionally we're not very keen on guns over here, for good or bad, but that's not the debate at hand.

As for proving who threw/used gas, the Met have a very good system of overt and covert spotters, and it wouldn't be hard for them to ascertain who was responsible.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chukka

Yeah, see I don't know cause I am in America, and I don't think we have that kind of detail. I am not saying we don't but if the bobble heads can't even find half the murderers in this country, I doubt they'd be any better at finding who threw the gas bomb...lol. I don't know though. There is a lot of covert crap here as well... I think if things got nasty enough it'd be worth it anyway. I don't know though, I never been involved in any kind of uprising.Lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

and easy to make, check out youtube, all sorts of nice 4rth of july light entertaining and smoke devices. Hopefully you all can get access to gas masks, those will help.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Oh boy, can't wait till this comes to the United States ::sarcasm:. I for one am going to find the tallest building and get some great 24fps video footage on my Canon EOS 7D.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Wow it's one thing to hear about the riots, it's another to actually see them...

We are living in incredible times

Thanks for the video OP, I emailed the link to my family

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
wow

so the UK riot police use batons, plastic shields, and men on horses to control their people

whereas,

the US riot police use tear gas, rubber bullets, tazer guns, and vehicles mounted with loudspeakers that produce ultrasonic frequencies to nearly deafen protesters.

America is well tamed.

Every student in the UK currently in a college or uni or expecting to be or hoping to be needs to be out in the streets, bunking class if need be. Any professor in a college needs to be out in the streets right now in support of their students and in support of the educational institution and the integrity of their profession, especially if every student were out there- they might as well, if they want to continue working. Every k-12 teacher needs to be out in the streets if they believe in what they teach is to create a better, smarter generation for a better future. Every former college student should be out in the streets protesting in support of the students because they were once them and know the tribulations of expensive education, and any drop out who could not afford the education as well, as they know the worst of it. Every mother and father of a student should be out in the streets protesting, because essentially it is their money and their childs education on the line, two very important things to a working family with children.

Any ATSer in the UK right now, well, I can only hope you are doing your bit, whether it be protesting in the streets or rousing your classmates or whatever. You cannot let your education become a drag. Don't let yourselves be Americanized.

I hope we Americans can learn something from this, and gain some knowledge, and from that wisdom. Wisdom is developed from acting on knowledge. We have that knowledge, now we must act, otherwise it is just useless.

What happened to the Generation X of 2004 that were so entranced by their hate of the direction our country was going under the Bush administration? Have they all gotten pregnant and been petrified in labor for the past 6 years? Is 30 Rock and House and Family Guy really that funny that they can't miss the scheduled programming or the Tivo replay after three beers? Dammit.

listen

listen

don't be afraid. there will always be blood.

no matter what your purpose is, you must leave. I dont know where you are, what you are doing, or why you are doing it, but you must leave. Ovrir la porte, and get out.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

Thankyou for what you have to say.

I've borrowed this from another thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.youtube.com...

But it seems to embody all you have said. Sorry, still can't work out how to embed video!

It truly gives me hope for the future.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
if you people think these students are protesting against the nwo think again,the students of the uk will gladly open their arms to the nwo they are mostly lefties or commies listen to the kid in the video.where were these people when labour were screwing this country opening the flood gates to all sorts of garbage bankrupting us, nowhere if these twats are our future god help us.

p.s save the planet shoot a leftie

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tertis

Thanks for that oh-so-useful insight into the current disquiet in the UK. I'm not suggesting this has anything to do with students protesting against the NWO. What I am saying is that there does seem to be a gentle awakening in the UK that there may well be something rotten in this State,

Anways, thanks again for bothering to register just minutes ago to give your incisive opinion - very strange!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tertis

they are protesting against higher education fees.
where the hell do you ever hear mention of the NWO in their speeches, in their chants?
they shout about their education, and all you hear is 'Hi ho, NWO!'

do us all a favor, shoot yourself.

or maybe something more profitable, get a better education, if you can afford it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I say good on these British kids for standing up for themselves. .

And for crying out loud ....would someone hand these lad's a few decent molotov cocktail's at least

UK rioters we in America salute you

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I say good on these British kids for standing up for themselves. .

And for crying out loud ....would someone hand these lad's a few decent molotov cocktail's at least

UK rioters we in America salute you

but that's all.
salutes only.
don't expect anymore.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Nothing like seeing people stand up for their
rights.

Love it. And all this from a bunch of spotty kids.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
All because of tuition fees.

Insanity, complete insanity.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

This isn't "just" about tuition fees, it's about something that has been part of the UK for a very long time, the right to equal access to higher education for poor people.
People may well point out that the loans are paid back in instalments and so shouldn't effect the poor any more then the rich, but it still puts poor people in a situation where they are starting their life in debt to the government while rich student can easily get their parents to pay back their debts for them in one go.

It's also to do with the Liberal Democrats (part of the coalition government) getting elected partly because they made a promise in their election campaigns that they would "never" support any kind of rise in tuition fees and then instantly breaking that promise after people voted for them

If you think it's fair that someone born rich gets a better education and job then a poor person and the poor can never break out of their trap of being too poor to afford to do anything other then menial labour then I guess you can never complain about the world being run by "elite" families and the rich / poor gap getting bigger every year.
edit on 10-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks the student leaders welcome what has happened is delusional.
It's the same old rent a mob which descends on G20 and other events.
This is not democracy in action for heavens sake.
It is not action by the people for the people.
Well done to those students seen on footage actually trying to defend police officers being set on by mindless vicious morons.
There are of course more effective ways of taking direct action. But why let that get in the way of the sheer enjoyment of kicking in a window or even someone's head.
edit on 10-12-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty

the US riot police use tear gas, rubber bullets, tazer guns, and vehicles mounted with loudspeakers that produce ultrasonic frequencies to nearly deafen protesters.

Trust me, none of them would stop a bunch of ticked off Brits (well, it would prove difficult)
determined bunch.

Whilst i'm not condoning violence, i've seen first hand how effective tazers and such like are against "the mob", for every one took down, he's got his 10 mates behind him, and as for tear gas, it would not suprise me if some of the council estate lot sniff the darn stuff to try and get high!
edit on 10/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I think you are correct when you say it is not "just" about tuition, it is so
much more like the inequalities between rich and poor, joblessness, inflation
taxes, all bubbling over and pouring out into the streets. Yes mainstream
tries to hide it by not reporting it as often (Phillidelphia wasn't even covered
to my knowledge or barely). England, Greece, France, Spain....people are
waking up and this is about to go viral in a very unexpected way in my
if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join