Awesome Riot Footage in England

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
reply to post by detachedindividual

i am perfectly aware of Topshop ....but do you really think it is justified to go smash up the shop front ??

i work for a large UK company , but i dont pay tax as i now no longer live in the uk....should my house or car be smashed up too ??

snoopyuk

Are you robbing the nation of billions? Using sweatshops to create your massive profits? No.

And this board isn't supportive of violence and mindless vandalism. Read my posts again.
I am asking what the alternatives are and why everyone is so surprised by it.

Again, when your government states that no matter how loud you peacefully protest it'll change nothing, and when your government is bailing out banks and giving blatant tax freedom to multi-billionaires, AND THEN ASKING HIM FOR ADVICE ON AUSTERITY FOR THE PEOPLE! Why are we so surprised that there is raw outrage?

I am not supporting the violence, I am stating that we really shouldn't be surprised.

I understand it. I get that people are angry, and I agree that people should be angry.

I would love to see an alternative option to releasing this anger in a positive way. So again, can you suggest an alternative?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Sadly there is no answer or alternative.. tho it does have to be limited, but the establishment of this nation really does need a tug from the people to get back on track..

In my opinion we are going through similar changes that we went through in the 1820-30s.. (Luddites/Swing revolt/Tolpuddle Martyrs) while heading for the same type of massive social reform to bring some balance back into the nation..

The UK Uncut movement is getting stronger by the week.. and it'll be interesting to see how they manage this weekends series of protests now that the high street banks are included.
edit on 9/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I wish every protest was peaceful ..

I also wish every politician noticed peaceful protests. But they don't. There could be 2 million people chanting peaceful songs with cheery smiles on their faces and a politician could be 100ft away and not recognize anything.

But when thousands of angry people smash city property, destroy businesses and fight with the police.. well, regardless if they noticed at first, they will eventually. Be it in the form of a bill, or their supporters angry they let protesters destroy their business property.

Sometimes riots are necessary to get a point across.

It is also a more emotional reaction that can, in turn, cause an emotional action from those who would otherwise remain on the sidelines.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Looks like the Prince's car really was attacked: www.cnn.com...

Looks like they hit it with some paint bombs too.

Apparently the majority of the violence is centered in Oxford and Reagents street.. so why even try to drive that way?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
what about storming the F!@#$% Tv station's and don't leave after we done it ?
what about getting more people angry at the Elite ?? is there any other way to do it???
why not just kill em all?

or what?!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is very expected.
The economy is bad, governments and banks are responsible.

And then we, the common people, suffer their consequences and have to pay.

People will become more and more upset, and riot.
Wikileaks, Eric Cantona bank run, the European crises, is just a beginning.

Please feel free to read my predictions of worldwide riots and revolutions in 2014 and 2020

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
..... , and right from the start it was infiltrated by Anarchist groups and other groups like EDL, .....

PMSL!

You aren't being serious are you?

Extremist groups maybe involved, (why is anyone with an opinion other than that expressed by the 3 main parties immediately labelled 'an extremist'?), but I assure you EDL are not.
Class War and SWP etc maybe.

so what is it violence and anarchy or respecting the law ???

Because 'the law is an ass' and those imposing laws upon us are not listening to us and are not doing it for our good or the good of the country but to further their own agenda's!

Anger can be power my friend.

eg. what has smashing up Topshop

No self-respecting member of EDL would ever be seen in Topshop unless they have recently started stocking CP Company, Stone Island, Paul & Shark etc

and other criminal damage got to do with student fees ????

Asolutely nothing.
It is a manifestation of the frustration more and more people are feeling at the way things are going in England and the UK as a whole.

I fear that this may not be the last, or the worst, of these scenes we will see over the upcoming months and perhaps years.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
the elite are stealing our money they don't pay taxes, the middle class pay taxes and doing all the job, the poor people are only there so the middle class are scared not to do # because the may be poor.

we are the masses, even those cops on the street are that mass of people, but as everyone can see so F clearly is this # isnt going anywhere until EVERYONE are protesting.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by girdermonkey84
doesnt this just prove that when we all stick together theres not alot the ptb can do! there near enough powerless

You would think, huh?

But it doesn't work that way. See, "they" know you better than you do. Centuries of study on human psychology, with the very rapid increases in understanding over the previous 70 years, have created a foe that likely cannot be defeated.

What will happen is The People will get pissed and break a bunch of stuff. Then when they are tired of breaking a bunch of stuff, one of TPTB that is usually behind the scenes a little more will come out and lead these people back into the same damned system that they got fed up with before.

Look at the American Tea Party movement. Is there anyone different in the game because of them? Nope...just all the Republicans.

You get the same with GM's finance division. Rebranded as "Ally"...they are your friend. Trust them.

While the individual person may be smart, people (in groups) are exceedingly stupid and reactive. The desire for a status quo dashes any hope of a real revolution. We are just going to end up with whatever bastardized version that can be manipulated out of it by TPTB.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

so thats it? we stop there?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Pundits make me puke!

Its like on match of the day when those pundits make excuses for top teams having their asses handed to them by west brom by saying "they had a bad day"

Or in this case "those thugs! How dare they!" Or "peacefull protest works"

No it doesn't, they ignore that everytime! Its easy to do.. Protest.. Show a placard denouncing something and go home... No harm done and NOTHING changes..

Peacefull protest suits tptb..

This kind puts them in its place!

Its a national scandal that we would be ok for the poor to be outpriced out of higher education for the sake of the elite!

Those that think its ok deserve shooting.

I hope that our awake young men and women do what their elders have been castrated to do and take this country back!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAnnunaki
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

so thats it? we stop there?

The weak and apathetic will stop there. The remaining 30% or so of us will keep being unruly and pissed off. I just hope that it will not be something that becomes punishable by death, a la the PRC.

You want to make a difference? Start buying books written by people like Thomas Paine, Henry Thoreaux, and Thomas Jefferson. Read them. Have your kids read them. The more people who understand our birthright, the better.

Ignorance of what liberty is has choked the life out of the US. Breathe fresh air into its lungs again. That is the only way that we will change anything. Illuminate the ignorant.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

detachedindividual

Oh.... I see your on here as well............. I have replied to your comment on another thread.. have a read of it please..!

I can see where your coming from...... there is a lot of anger and hatred out there towards those who appear to ' have it all'. I can understand that to a point because I think that there is a HUGE polarisation of wealth in this country and that, like on the other thread you mentioned a two tier system exists ........ Mr Detached .. there is already a multi tier system, always has always will be... read Animal Farm - simple enough..... it's human nature.

What is disturbing is your 'SILENT' endorsement of violence and disruption because you think that the 'students and the rest' are not being heard and therefore violence is the only way........please......!

The current Info War is potentially a far more wide ranging and effectual tool for creating change.......

Why don't all those students, protesters, troublemakers and feral scumbags Feck off home and do something more constructive, like stop buying pointless consumer crap, cheap clothes from Topshop & Next & etc (there all the bloody same) and educate themselves about the issues at hand and NOT be led by DumbAss Agitators with political agendas !!

Finally When I listen to 'Students' ? (who seem unable to grasp the basics) suggest that University education should come from General Taxation then I GET MAD.....!!!

I have NOT and Do not benefit from any University Education (me or my employees) and SO WHY should I pay for them ??

If someone wants to go on to further education then why Can They not ''financially invest'' in THEIR own future education, much like an Entrepreneur HAS TO ''RISK'' their money on a new venture ????

PDUK
edit on 9-12-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: spelling correction
edit on 9-12-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Coming soon to our little U S of A

Obummer just extended the Bush tax cuts for everyone AND extended unemployment benefits. There's no way the system can sustain this crazy spending. There was another thread regarding possible reasons for doing this when things are so bad. The suspicion is TPTB know it's about to hit the fan, so avoid the real pain as long as we can.

Here's a link to live BBC and others if you need it

atdhe.net...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The Royal car was pimped with a broken window and a new paint job, looks like a giant bird poop dropping!

Camilla says: WTF?!

Security-hut burning!

Just gotta love this over-the-top dramatic headline:

London's Burning: Royal car attacked as rioters besiege Westminster

London riot police struggled to control angry protesters - and Prince Charles and Camilla were attacked in their car with paint bombs - after Parliament voted in favour of the plan to raise university tuition fees in England.

The chauffeur-driven vehicle was carrying the heir to the throne and his wife to the Royal Variety Performance when demonstrators were reported to have kicked the car in Regent Street. Although both arrived at the London Palladium safely, pictures show the Rolls-Royce limousine with a cracked window, paint bursts and handprints.

A Royal spokesperson said: “Both their Royal Highnesses were unharmed.”

Prime Minister David Cameron described the attack as "shocking and regrettable."

Meanwhile, flares, billiards balls and other missiles were thrown in anger by protesters. Others tore down barricades as police attempted to reinforce a security cordon near Parliament. Police have reported at least 12 officers and 43 protesters injured. Authorities arrested 22 protesters, two for assaulting officers.

Key Westminister buildings, including the Treasury and the Supreme Court, have had windows broken by gangs brandishing rocks and hammers.

www.heraldscotland.com...

I just heard on the BBC that they tried to break in to the Treasury while shouting:

Give Us Our Money Back! lol!

edit on 9-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
To bad the American children aren't waking up.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
WELL DONE ENGLAND, YOU GUYS SHOULD BE PROUD!!!

Your cousin America gets RAPED and TRAMPLED DAILY and they have ZERO BALLS over there to do anything. I travel extensively for a living and America has it HORRIBLY SCREWED over there and they have ZERO BALLS!!! Lots of MOUTH over the Internet forums, but NO BALLS in reality world!!!

England is a possibility of mine to move shortly as America is a DISGRACE AND ITS GETTING WORST DAILY.

Need to move away before it CRUMBLES. They can hold peoples moms hostage over in America and NOBODY would make a PEEP about it.

NICELY DONE ENGLAND!!!!!!!!
edit on 9-12-2010 by jontap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Fu*& em All.....it's about time some one did something about this sh**t. All ATS does is talk, by the time we finish talking they will have won. No!!!! it's time to make a move people! !!! Our children and grand children will never forgive us if we dont. Next demonstration in Glasgow (my home town) Im down there, front line! Im willing to sacrfice myself for my kids, fu** the NWO ...............it's descision time, what did that arsehole Bush say, "Your either with us or against us!" Well i know where i stand, on the right of jusice, freedom, my kids, my grand kids, my wife mother, brothers, father................No! Let's go! The time to wait is over........Spread the news...............This is it, i feel it in my bones! If you are hesitating, dont, your children and grand children wont hesitate to call you a COWARD.................I will repeat that for the hard of understanding .COWARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>COWARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>COWARD..............I for one wont be found wanting, my life is not mine and it is not theirs.........................It is my childrens and the people i love, i will not be found wanting when the time comes, NO WAY, NO HOW.........WILL YOU???????????????

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
PURPLE DOG UK I hear you. Invest in yourself , stop being a nanny state spoon fed numpty. Let's not forget :
a) You have a chance of education (unlike many poorer continents)
b) A degree has become 'the norm' - therein lies the problem - hardly recognised now unless it's a first.
c) America has been charging for education for years - much more than us - doesn't make it right , however, if you want it go save for it. That's right the 'S' word or 'W' word ..work !

d) Cheers students for making our tax payers money work so efficiently - the policing !

e) Winston Churchill - defacing/graffiti - cheers again numptys - without him and his cohorts you wouldn't even have this democracy to run amok.

You fekless bunch, grow some, get jobs in your holidays - hey pick fruit ? no, sorry that's beneath you now isn't it , only immigrants do that ? If you really want to re-take your country , re-take it properly in the spirit of your forebears who grafted to get up the ladder and took whatever job going.

And finally, You are but a product of the last 15 odd years of consumerism , doubtless handed down to you by your parents indulgence ...but it really doesn't grow on trees , it has to be earned , Go Earn it ! I did , in the last recession before it became a given.
edit on 9-12-2010 by slidingdoor because: typo
edit on 9-12-2010 by slidingdoor because: 2nd typo

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X
Wow! This is completely insane!!!! Brave people!!!! Good for them!
Now, would this ever happen here in the U.S.? Or are people scared of being taken to Camp FEMA?
S&F I have new-found energy and hope.

I think people in the U.S. would get hit with directed energy weapons...Which basically cook your insides.. That will make you think twice about rioting..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join