learn more

Awesome Riot Footage in England

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

None of the links show the video - just the swirling waiting for the video screen.

I always get this from the BBC and after it finally connects it tells me I'm not allowed to view it in my area.

Any better links?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Not that I've found, Sky News is just as bad as CNN or Fox news...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I just heard on BBC news reports that Prince Charles and Camilla are in a car and under attack by protesters right now. Is this a rumour to discredit the students again or is this real, can anyone with links to those nearby confirm or dispell this nationally covered rumour? Personally I believe this issue has nothing to do with the royal family, in fact it is well documented how much Prince Charles himself invests in the people through various projects and charities, it's the rich politicians to blame here, The Princes Trust is a real thing, I never heard of "The Old Etonian Trust" have you?.

Update: Car was attacked in Regent Street. Anyone see it or is this made up? Apparently they were kicking the car.
edit on 9/12/2010 by Doyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
that just made my day!! old bill gettin stamped on by his own horse!! fookin avit!!

we've just got to get organised, keep it peaceful and tear them apart!

i think chloroform could come in really handy!

Did you know you have the right to go into a corporation/company thats on the stock market and have a look over their minutes of boardroom meetings and various other bits of important paper work. You can do this if you are thinking about buying shares in the company and want to do some research.... could cause a bit of a headache, especially if thousands of people turn up at the same day/week/month

You may want to look into that depending on where you are, i'm pretty sure that's the case for the UK.

Imagine if we bought wall street/london stock exchange to a stand still for a week!

If enough people are up for it, then there's no stoppin us! Just depends how determined you are!

When they tried forcing GM meat on the peoples of S Korea they ended up bringing their capital to a stand still for 7 days and won.... that round..

If you just say, "oh our police will just tase you, call for back up, beat you... there's no point.. Then thats gonna do nobody no good!! All thought and all action is creative energy, lets just be proactive!

cut radios down.... take apart the microwave and make some kind of EMP device... anything non violent..

Lull police into a alse sense of security and chloroform them and cuff'em! and just put'em to one side...

How determined are you?????
edit on 9/12/10 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

A riot won't cause them to change their minds.
A week of riots won't make them change their minds.. but it will scare them..

A never ending riot will make them change their minds.. you cannot give up until they head to the demands of the people!

Trust me, it's worth fighting for.. you DO NOT want an American higher education system .. we are slaves before we even graduate, burdened with debt that takes years to pay off, all while bankers earn interest off that debt.. it's a hundreds+ billion dollar industry in the US .. yes, higher education is an industry here.. and it's what they are trying to get you Brits to take.. FIGHT THEM, you don't want to be enslaved just to get an education! If I could afford it, I'd fly over there just to join the protest.

PS -- lmfao at the dirt bag police officer who fell off his horse with no one else around.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
www.irishtimes.com...

Also in the news but largely overseen, the Irish Government today just cut their National Minimum Wage by 1E /hr .. or a 12% income decrease mandated by the Gov.

Way to royally screw thousands of working poor right before Christmas!

The vote also included steep cuts in social services, pensions, and unemployment payments..

Meanwhile the banks got over 100b euro bailout, no one was asked to resign, no tax increases for the wealthy, and no restrictions on bonus payments.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Everyones buggering off home, it's getting cold, the police couldn't stop them, but this cold snap has

I don't blame them, I haven't long since got in from work, it's bloody cold out there.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
And the Class Warfare continues..

www.bbc.co.uk...

The UK and Dutch Governments have forced Iceland to take another deal regarding Icelandic citizens paying back the brits and Dutch for their reimbursement of accounts from the failed Icelandic banks..

total around 4b euros with an interest rate of 3% to the Dutch and 3.3% to the British.

If the Icelandic government considers it, the people will riot again, if not they have to hold a referendum .. which would be shot down by an over whelming majority.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
www.irishtimes.com...

Also in the news but largely overseen, the Irish Government today just cut their National Minimum Wage by 1E /hr .. or a 12% income decrease mandated by the Gov.

Well at least the English won't be alone on streets for long then
and this weekend is "Payday" an operation by UKuncut www.ukuncut.org.uk...

Last weekend saw UK Uncut protests in 21 cities (over 20 where arrested in my city, 8 for supergluing themselves to shop windows in protest at their tax evasion)

The interesting part is that the high street banks are next on the list.. and look at the action map of protests that have already been organised www.ukuncut.org.uk...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
And the Class Warfare continues..

www.bbc.co.uk...

The UK and Dutch Governments have forced Iceland to take another deal regarding Icelandic citizens paying back the brits and Dutch for their reimbursement of accounts from the failed Icelandic banks..

total around 4b euros with an interest rate of 3% to the Dutch and 3.3% to the British.

If the Icelandic government considers it, the people will riot again, if not they have to hold a referendum .. which would be shot down by an over whelming majority.

i read today that iceland (government) had accepted the deal and that they would pay of the debts by 2046 or something..

surprised me to be honest...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What people are not looking at is the wider picture. The media are not mentioning it.

This is just another symptom of the wider fight against the elite, wealthy, powerful scum running (and ruining) our countries.

It might take one issue to get them on the streets, but the direction quickly changes to that of fighting against every symbol of corruption and power they see.

There will be a few examples of mindless violence just for the sake of it. But the vast majority are ordinary people who are enraged by the few gaining ever more power and control over the population.

This is by no means the end. We've already heard the NUS saying they will join every union protest in London from this point on.

There will be more protests, and as long as the Police use illegal and provocative actions against protesters these instances will escalate.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i would hardly say awesome...causing untold damage and injurys.

thugs spoiling a a good honest demonstration......

disgusting in my opinion...

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well, this is kind of funny. In France a few weeks ago there were riots because the government raised the retirement age from 60 to 62. Now these "students" are rioting because the tuition at schools is being raised. What Europe and the UK have done is create an entitlement populace that believes thay have a "right" to early retirement and a "right" to cheap education, all of which is subsidized by people who work abd create the wealth.

And now the whole thing is blowing up in their faces. And you want the US to go down that path (not that were not half way there already)? I hope we've got more sense, but I doubt it. People want to become dependent on government and that's what they are going to get, a welfare state where no one is responsible for themselves.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk

snoopyuk

So when a senior member of parliament has stated on camera for the nation to see that "protests will not change anything", what then?

Peaceful protest is great, when it is actually seen or heeded by those in positions of power. When they categorically state that they will ignore public opinion and make their changes regardless of protest, what do you do then?

I ask this every time when someone posts with an opinion like yours, but not one person can tell me what they would do in such a case.

In addition, when protesters are told to go in one direction to leave, and they move there only to find a line of riot police and horses charging at them, what do you expect?

If I had been there and wanted to leave, was told to go in one direction and was then chased by officers on horseback and beaten with batons, I'D BE FIGHTING BACK TOO!

So please, tell me what the solution is. I'd really like to know what the alternatives are because every time it's brought up no one can tell me.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

snoopyuk

So when a senior member of parliament has stated on camera for the nation to see that "protests will not change anything", what then?

Peaceful protest is great, when it is actually seen or heeded by those in positions of power. When they categorically state that they will ignore public opinion and make their changes regardless of protest, what do you do then?

I ask this every time when someone posts with an opinion like yours, but not one person can tell me what they would do in such a case.

In addition, when protesters are told to go in one direction to leave, and they move there only to find a line of riot police and horses charging at them, what do you expect?

If I had been there and wanted to leave, was told to go in one direction and was then chased by officers on horseback and beaten with batons, I'D BE FIGHTING BACK TOO!

So please, tell me what the solution is. I'd really like to know what the alternatives are because every time it's brought up no one can tell me.

a politician in germany also said recently that everyone has the right to protest but they should not get the idea that their protests could change anything...!!...

the political class are a corrupt and stupid bunch..they really are...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

sorry but NO...., my sister is VP of Education and Welfare for the NUS in the UK. she is there now and has said several times on here msgs`s that right from the start it was a peacefull protest , and right from the start it was infiltrated by Anarchist groups and other groups like EDL, S7 and other extreme groups...all they were interested in was causing damage , when normal students and organiser`s of the lawfull protests tried to stop them `they `were attacked.

so what is it violence and anarchy or respecting the law ???

eg. what has smashing up Topshop and other criminal damage got to do with student fees ????

snoopyuk
edit on 9-12-2010 by snoopyuk because: sp

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

sorry but NO...., my sister is VP of Education and Welfare for the NUS in the UK. she is there now and has said several times on here msgs`s that right from the start it was a peacefull protest , and right from the start it was infiltrated by Anarchist groups and other groups like EDL, S7 and other extreme groups...all they were interested in was causing damage , when normal students and organiser`s of the lawfull protests tried to stop them `they `were attacked.

so what is it violence and anarchy or respecting the law ???

eg. what has smashing up Topshop and other criminal damage got to do with student fees ????

snoopyuk
edit on 9-12-2010 by snoopyuk because: sp

"NO" what? What part of my post are you disagreeing with?

First off, I said that there were people in there intending to cause mindless damage. I'm not disagreeing with that at all.

As for Top Shop, You really have no idea do you?

Top Shop is owned by a certain Mr. Green who is advising the government on cuts while funneling billions of unpaid tax revenue out of this country!

It's parasites like him robbing this country dry encouraging and supporting cuts and hardship on the public while stealing directly from us too. It is corruption at the highest level of business and government. THAT is why Top Shop is being attacked, and THAT is why every business owned by these corrupt disgusting creatures will face more of it in the future.

If you'd like to debate me on subjects like this, it would really help if you had a clue about the issues and actually educated yourself.

This forum surprises me. Plenty of people jump into threads thinking they have an argument, when they don't even know the basics.

Here, let me assist you in your education (and it won't cost you £9000 lol)

www.ukuncut.org.uk...
edit on 9-12-2010 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TETRA.X

People in the U.S. will start acting out when they realize what an incredibly complex scam has been pulled on them.

The problem with americans is that so many are just too butt stooooopid to see anything as being wrong at all.

Graduating from college to a job that is no longer there,while owing $60,000 back in school loans should raise a red flag or two,but no!!!,they just go to work for burger king as a manager.

Certain aspects of society are not to be used for profiteering,but few see that problem either.....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
sorry i hadnt realised that this was now an anarchist / violence / breaking the law supporting board......

i am out of here...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

i am perfectly aware of Topshop ....but do you really think it is justified to go smash up the shop front ??

i work for a large UK company , but i dont pay tax as i now no longer live in the uk....should my house or car be smashed up too ??

snoopyuk

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join