It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is paypal etal under attack ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
the course of this thread has thrown out some very disturbing sentiments

to simplifie - many are claiming that paypal somehow " deserves " attack because they refuse to support wikileaks

WTF ?

there is no onus on paypal or anyone else to support wiki lieaks

what happened to the freedom to say " i dont support wikileaks " ? is that now a " crime " ???????

it obvious that many now think so

which roughly translates to :

agree with us or else

so much for " freedom " huh ?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hackers, or script kiddies rather, have a enormous amount of power. Everything is intertwined with the internet. I'm not saying the actions of Anonymous are right, but nonetheless, it's happening whether we like it or not.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

They are paypal.. a bank ? Since when does a bank take sides ? and shut down a persons acount if they disagree with your political point of view...

Shame on paypal and shame on everybody else that act like cheap sluts.. cheap slut because paypal prob got a big bag of money from the US goverment... and acepted it

Banks should not take sides.. they are nutral

And whats is it to agree with... ?? the truth ?? would you rather live in a world full of lies ! the truth hurts ? hell yes.. but in the end, it will be a better world ! dont be ignorant
edit on 9-12-2010 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

It's really very simple. The US government is putting pressure on any commercial company that deals with Wikileaks to cut them off. If they can isolate them, remove necessary services like banking, donations, computer infrastructure then they don't need to follow "due process" they can make life so difficult that wikileaks just fails because it can't even get paperclips anymore.

This is wrong. If Wikileaks is doing something illegal (which they are not) then take legal action against them. If states can manipulate suppliers so that businesses simply fail that is not right. Similarly it isn't right for people to call for someone to be assassinated.

Paypal is being attacked because it lacked the spine to stand up to the pressure. At least that is what people are saying. Allegedly.

Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

The pressure or rather "INTIMIDATION" the government uses on those private companies is no different than what it has done to the populace, and those companies with more resources than an individual should do whats right!!!

People have just rolled over and done as they have been told because they have no choice or means of survival. if those with the means to fight don't then they deserve to be treated like the cowards they are.

I use several gateways to make sure I have a backup plan, if someone is balls deep into them as a sole source then you need to be taught a lesson as well, the message we need to send these blood suckers "paypal" is to "man up" or we leave you.

Paypal doesn't give a rats arz if I have trouble (call them when there is a problem), screw em.... let them see how it feels to get screwed over!!
edit on 9-12-2010 by svpwizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It may be the script kiddies doing all the dirty work but I would bet it's a coccus of elite hackers behind this whole thing.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

agree with us or else

so much for " freedom " huh ?

And that's the biggest critique I have against Anon. Their hypocrisy. They're all for "freedom of speech", but say something bad about them, and they have it in for you... And here we have an example of "do as we do" or else...

Back in the good old days in Italy shopkeepers used to pay the Mafia for "protection"... I don't see the difference here...

They are no better than the people they are "fighting"...

They had a good thing going for them, until they felt the "power"... absolute power corrupts absolutely.

But I'm going to get off my little soapbox now... Because typically they would pick on ATS because one of the members criticized them. And I don't want that. See? Effective fear mongering at its best.

top topics

join