It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "Reality" Unreality Primarily BECAUSE of Secrecy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The answer is a most resounding yes.

To define reality, in this case, it means reality on-the-balance. No one need be overly metaphysical about holographic and whatever perceptual matters; suffice it to say what we sense can be objectively enough considered reality. I mean reality in the context of that which is politically controlled-enforced. Reality or unreality on-the-balance comes down to how much of "truth," or what's popularly accepted, is actually factual and/or moral. Those like me who see the level of lies/deceptions, distortions, manipulations etc. as an inordinate-unacceptable one are of the opinion that the political world as we know it is unreality on-the-balance. Those who favor the status quo, at least essentially, obviously don't.

The recent festival of small potatos (at least so far) that is the Wikileaks hysteria is only the tip of the iceberg of secrecy-BASED government in general. Enough said, basically, though I've a little more.

What will make or break the humans - and perhaps "hybrids" as well - of this planet Earth is the ability or inability to overcome our oppressors once and for all. To be successful as such is called being on the right side of ALL future history, eternity, all evolution of consciousness.

So, once again, I'm still wishing there will be JUST ONE popular enough poster on this site who can properly criticize the most tangible, real National "Security" STATE stuff of which government is made, without going off on whatever NWO, Illuminati, "Foundation X," Bilderbergers, Rothschilds, Trilateral, CFR etc. tangents-distractions.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

Okay, first of all...

The recent festival of small potatos (at least so far) that is the Wikileaks hysteria is only the tip of the iceberg of secrecy-BASED government in general. Enough said, basically, though I've a little more.

What in the world does that mean?

In any case- I would say that we are definitely experiencing what you call "un-reality". But, to some extent it is reality, because we allow it/life, to play out the way it does. We choose to be controlled and fed lies, so yes- we create our own un-reality to live in because we are afraid of reality.

Make sense?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

I don't believe it makes "sense." I don't confuse what is, or may be, given and unavoidable with objective enough (by definition) reality. Reality is a designation to be earned, not just believed, IMHO.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As an individual my reality only encompass my own beliefs.
Secrecy is only the lack of information that creates our reality as we see it.
As a group of 6 bullion people our perception of reality differs greatly, each to there own, but to most the sky is blue to most of us and the sun gives us heat that part of reality is similar to all of us.

As to governments, reality is fragmented to each one of us as how we see what is going on, in that case there is as many reality's as there are people trying to understand what type of world we are living in.

As you can see we all don't come to the same conclusion as to what to believe, why because reality gives us that choice to live any reality we like.

Well that it.

JS

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

First I must express my gratitude to the ownership and/or management for allowing this unpopular thread to remain at the top of its board in popularity. The crickets have been a-chirpin' here for awhile now.

Jsettica, I hope you may someday agree that secrecy creates more unreality than reality.

Cheers, everyone.

new topics

join