It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch police arrest 16-year-old in connection with attacks on MasterCard and Visa websites, prosecut

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Dutch police arrest 16-year-old in connection with attacks on MasterCard and Visa websites, prosecutors say.

edition.cnn.com

Dutch police arrest 16-year-old in connection with attacks on MasterCard and Visa websites, prosecutors say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So it seems we have our "example". I knew it wouldn't be long, actually surprised it took this much time. He will get the book thrown at him with whatever little evidence they can find....

However, what he is doing IS illegal.

This is breaking news, so no major updates.

edit on 9-12-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If I'm correct, he showed it publicly on a show called "De Wereld Draait Door" yesterday.

edit on 9-12-2010 by WeZet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Yes, it is illegal.... and SO FRICKING AWESOME!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Where is JUSTICE?

What happened to the rule of law???

Sadly abused and corrupted, none the less by the elected whom had claimed to protect their own citizens, but now had been proven to act on behalf of Corporations!

The attack on the biz HAD NOT BEEN THE WORK OF ANY ONE INDIVIDUAL, but by the MANY. Why target and persecute just one person alone? Should the elected authorities be proud of what they had despicably done?

May they built enough cages to fed and house the many angered citizens around the world with corporations at large. A sad day had occurred to humanity....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
www.cjbk.com...

Dutch police arrest 16-year-old in connection with Mastercard, Paypal website attacks The Associated Press AMSTERDAM - Dutch prosecutors say they have arrested a 16-year-old boy suspected of involvement in digital attacks that made it difficult to access several prominent financial payment websites earlier this week. In a statement, the national prosecutors' office says the youth is believed to have participated in attacks by WikiLeaks supporters on websites "including MasterCard and Paypal, among others." The statement Thursday said the youth was arrested in The Hague, Netherlands. His name was not released. It was not clear whether he was believed to have played an important role in the attacks, which flooded the websites with traffic.

www.om.nl...@154591/16-jarige_jongen/ - Dutch article

Why target and persecute just one person alone?

Because he was attacking without hiding his ip, doubt he even knew the risks, silly sheep need to find out what they are doing and what they are running.
edit on 9-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

I personaly salute this. Its exactly the sort of chin in the air stalwart behaviour exhibited by soldiers before the art of camo came about. They used to go to war in bright red jackets with white bands on them, crossed almost over the heart!
God bless this kid, and the movement!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

So it seems we have our "example". I knew it wouldn't be long, actually surprised it took this much time. He will get the book thrown at him with whatever little evidence they can find....

What illegal he did? I did not find the article on CNN, just on RT and it was too unspecific. If I download page from http server it is legal but if I download same page many times it is illegal? If I say my friends to do the same (i.e. download that page for many times), em I criminal? May be this line is criminal offense:
while true; do wget -O /dev/null www.abovetopsecret.com...; done

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Too funny, you salute this kid? Really? What has he done that's so brave? Do you know something that isn't talked about in the linked article?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I wonder if they will ever catch the folks DDoS'ing Wikileaks?

There is an investigation right? Oh no... so Justice only goes one direction?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
it takes them less than 24 hrs to find and arrest this kid

and it takes 4 yrs looking for Assange, and then he has
to turn himself in.

anybody find that strange ????

there should be more arrest to come,
he didn't act alone.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WeZet

Any reason why this YOUTUBE link is not working?

here, lemme help you out

edit on 9-12-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

Well for a start I know that the majority of people who get involved in these hacks actualy make it hard, and in some cases VERY hard to track thier IP , by performing any one of the tricks you can do to mask them. I know also that in digital terms, not masking your IP or operating through a proxy or twelve, is pretty much suicidal, and shows a fanatical devotion to free speech and sticking it , most thoroughly to the man.
No , Im not a hacker myself, I have no technical ability with computers. But I know enough to know that this kid, for going into combat without armour, yet determined to mess up the enemies of truth , and damn the consequences, is just utterly beautiful, and I applaud him.

link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Wikileaks wasn't being attacked by a script kiddie who was swept up by the anon bandwagon with out knowing the risks.

and shows a fanatical devotion to free speech and sticking it , most thoroughly to the man.

No it shows a serious lack of knowledge.

link   
reply to post by zeddissad2

Yeah I would imagine DDoS attacks are illegal in his country.

Denial-of-service attacks (a form of cyberterrorism) are considered violations of the IAB's Internet proper use policy, and also violate the acceptable use policies of virtually all Internet service providers. They also commonly constitute violations of the laws of individual nations.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You are right... even if this came from his IP, who is to say it is him... there are botnets with 30 million unsuspecting people being involved....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

30 million, I would love to see your source for that

Thanks for linking the vid by the way, anyone care to transcribe to English?
Is that the dude that got busted,
I wonder why

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well must not have enough people for taking down www.paypal.com it's working perfectly...It's to big to fail.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I could just as easily say, "This kid thought it would be cool to "hack" a website because some of his friends were talking about it. So he downloads a program, puts in the information that was fed to him via a website, then hits go" What a hero!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
reply to post by zeddissad2

Yeah I would imagine DDoS attacks are illegal in his country.

Denial-of-service attacks (a form of cyberterrorism) are considered violations of the IAB's Internet proper use policy, and also violate the acceptable use policies of virtually all Internet service providers. They also commonly constitute violations of the laws of individual nations.

en.wikipedia.org...

In fact you are right and my primitive loop is also "criminal" act:

(e) manufactures, sells, uses, posts, or otherwise distributes any device or program intended for the purpose of committing any conduct prohibited by Article 3 and 4 of this Convention;

source
Or not? I was just trying to fill my /dev/null with interesting data

edit on 9-12-2010 by zeddissad2 because: forgot the link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join