It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DDOS game! - yay!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

That little light on your modem? It's mine. I claimed it. Put my flag in it. I SAID PUT MY FLAG IN IT! There, now your computer is part of Heffland and you must be taxed. Noodle taxes. Carpet taxes. Dryer lint trap taxes.

I TAX YOUR LINT. NOW SUFFER.

Oh... wait, is lint shiny? I like shiny.

~Heff

Ahaha when I was about 14, I sold a Nice Modem. You know, those generic boxes that looked like a dick smiths kit, with a knob on the front to choose the baud rate, a flick switch to select the phone type, etc..

It had a row of LED's on the front, you know like they all do now. well dialup modems anyway.

But this thing had a phone hanging off it (You needed to manually dial the BBS) and a switch go togggle "Modem/Phone".

We cut the phone chord off, rammed the wires inside with a screwdriver and took it to a cashconverters. By time I was 14, we have 14400 baud modems, this was useless..

We told them it was a smart modem... and they plugged it in, and the lights lit up.

The guy said "Ok,$60 for it." and we said - in unisen "OK OK OK !"

then the other guy smirked "I bet it's just a box with LED's strung up in it..."

We walked out thinking "Hahahah You got it.." but $60 richer.

Oh to be kids again when the world was so unaware of the wonders of computers...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Depends... I'm sure the lint in a drag queens lint trap would be shiny. Full of sequins and other assorted... stuff. David Bowie's lint trap during his Ziggy Stardust phase would also be a good bet. Though, we'd need a time machine. Where's the doctor when you need him!

ETA: Found him...
edit on 12/13/10 by Zorzenon because: He was in my basement... Well, he said he was just "A" doctor not "THE" Doctor... I don't trust him.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
PEACE!

We have been rick rolled by a duck... The meme has come full circle. Now we can call upon the Dread Cthulhu...or was that Sarah Palin? I get them confused.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join