It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The DDOS game! - yay!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:27 AM

Originally posted by Hefficide

That little light on your modem? It's mine. I claimed it. Put my flag in it. I SAID PUT MY FLAG IN IT! There, now your computer is part of Heffland and you must be taxed. Noodle taxes. Carpet taxes. Dryer lint trap taxes.

Oh... wait, is lint shiny? I like shiny.

Ahaha when I was about 14, I sold a Nice Modem. You know, those generic boxes that looked like a dick smiths kit, with a knob on the front to choose the baud rate, a flick switch to select the phone type, etc..

It had a row of LED's on the front, you know like they all do now. well dialup modems anyway.

But this thing had a phone hanging off it (You needed to manually dial the BBS) and a switch go togggle "Modem/Phone".

We cut the phone chord off, rammed the wires inside with a screwdriver and took it to a cashconverters. By time I was 14, we have 14400 baud modems, this was useless..

We told them it was a smart modem... and they plugged it in, and the lights lit up.

The guy said "Ok,$60 for it." and we said - in unisen "OK OK OK !"

then the other guy smirked "I bet it's just a box with LED's strung up in it..."

We walked out thinking "Hahahah You got it.." but $60 richer.

Oh to be kids again when the world was so unaware of the wonders of computers...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:16 PM
reply to post by Hefficide

Depends... I'm sure the lint in a drag queens lint trap would be shiny. Full of sequins and other assorted... stuff. David Bowie's lint trap during his Ziggy Stardust phase would also be a good bet. Though, we'd need a time machine. Where's the doctor when you need him!

ETA: Found him...
edit on 12/13/10 by Zorzenon because: He was in my basement... Well, he said he was just "A" doctor not "THE" Doctor... I don't trust him.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:22 PM

Originally posted by Now_Then

We have been rick rolled by a duck... The meme has come full circle. Now we can call upon the Dread Cthulhu...or was that Sarah Palin? I get them confused.

new topics
<< 2  3  4   >>