It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several soon-to-be ex-Senators say partisanship has given way to political gridlock that is cripplin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Several soon-to-be ex-Senators say partisanship has given way to political gridlock that is crippling the chamber. Are they right?

Okay, I'll go on record as saying that it worked for Clinton-Gingrich. The best way Washington works is when it is in a gridlock in which business can prosper without all the government intervention.

The partnership of Obama-Boehner will be the best thing to happen to the American economy since Obama was elected.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And the partnership of Clinton-Lewinsky was the second best thing that happened to the American economy.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fredcall

That is the most ridiculous statement I've read since joining ATS. Without a working government, their is no stability or order. Our infrastructure would crumble, laws that protect the people and prevent conflicts between individuals and nations would cause unrest. No matter weather you're a staunch conservative or libertarian, their our government services that are a benefit to the people whether you like to admit it or not.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

That is the most ridiculous statement I've read since joining ATS. Without a working government, their is no stability or order. Our infrastructure would crumble, laws that protect the people and prevent conflicts between individuals and nations would cause unrest. No matter weather you're a staunch conservative or libertarian, their our government services that are a benefit to the people whether you like to admit it or not.

The Constitutional role of the government is to protect the sanctity of America.

Creating global warming scams is not the Constitutional role of the government. Giving away houses to people who can't afford them is not the Constitutional role of the government. Telling people they don't have to pay back loans is not the Constitutional role of the government.

A person on welfare does not have a chance to become successful until they get off welfare. If you pay someone not to work, they'll do just that. They won't work. So goes the entitlement mentality.

I will repeat, Clinton was successful in uplifting the American economy because Gingrich providing the stop-gap measures off too much Big Brother interference. Boehner can provide the necessary ingredients during the last two years of the Obama administration by providing the stop-gap measures that will prohibit invasive government interference while allowing business to grow.

The wealthier, smarter Democrats will tell you that Obama is one of those rich guys who wants a Bush era tax cut for himself.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'm not saying everything our government does is in the interest of the people. You just can't expect that a gridlock government will benefit the country.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I'm not saying everything our government does is in the interest of the people. You just can't expect that a gridlock government will benefit the country.

I'll repeat it one more time....back when Clinton and Gingrich gridlocked Washington, the economy grew and was great. Just ask Clinton. Hell, just ask Gingrich.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

That is the most ridiculous statement I've read since joining ATS.

Stick around, I make statements more ridiculous than that on a weekly basis.

Personally, I'd rather see gridlock in Washington than another Patriot Act, or Bank Bailout, or "Health Care" bill, or Middle East War, or ... you get the idea.

We already have more laws on the books than anyone can read in a single lifetime. How many more do we need? I think we would be better off if Congress would just dedicate every other year to repealing laws we don't need rather than writing new ones.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

We already have more laws on the books than anyone can read in a single lifetime. How many more do we need? I think we would be better off if Congress would just dedicate every other year to repealing laws we don't need rather than writing new ones.

About the best idea I've heared anyone other than me offer on this forum. Good show.

top topics

join