It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global "Warming"? Freeze of the Century: Coldest December for 100 Years in UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yes as the folks in the UK know tis cold... Jack Frost is here and hes not going anywere fast....
Were I live in scotland it has warmed up today and the snow has melted. However they are warning that this is just a short reprive and its going to get real cold again.
The snow has already bought the country to a standstil in several geolocations. left thousands stranderd win the cars and villages marooned..
Well we have not really recovered from the last bought, the petrol stations have not been filled up yet and there is more coming...

The army has now been put on high alert last night as Britain headed towards its coldest December for 100 years...
Wow thats gona be cold..

Now this is not a thread about global warming. I dont want people going look the climate is not warming up. You cannot predict trends over a short time..
This is just a thread to let peeps know so they can stock up and keep warm....

www.sott.net...

kx

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
oh indeed it has been a cold time. The images of folks leaving their cars and walking down express ways was
indeed a scene from the movies.

We're just not good with the cold. I'm sure we all got -23 or something back in the winter of 1995, ha, all those years ago.

3 years ago the winters just passed by from what I remember.

Nice info and peace be with you.

edit on 08/12/2010 by tinfoilSIB because: spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Months ago I explained in a post how global warming is false, the earth is really cooling. I live in the states, the whole east coast is nearly 20 degrees colder than average and is showing no signs of letting up. All the glaciers that are breaking off and floating to see is providng a cooling effect in the end.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
We are do for another Ice age, but a mini Ice age should be the beginning. I live in the South in the US and while I like cold weather so far this is the worst in December, we just jump from 80 degrees to 60 and now 20s in less than a few weeks.

We got snow flurries yesterday for goodness sake, that is a rare thing when only snow once every 10 or more years, we got Snow last year enough to make a snow man.

We are now expecting some just next week, what that tells you.

Unbelievable, but historical is not, they world is not getting warmer is getting colder, as the global warming is just a prelude before the ice age.

Occurs this my personal opinion.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The extra cold weather is a symptom of global warming. What it means is the gulf stream is breaking down and is no longer providing warmth to Europe. Here is a link and quote from :
www.spiritofmaat.com...

"A special study was conducted through one of the Pentagon’s departments, the Office of Net Assessment, which is directed by Andrew W. Marshall, 83, who has the responsibility of identifying long-term threats to the United States."

"Mr. Marshall went to a US based think-tank called Global Business Network to compile the possibilities of Global Warming on US national security. A study was completed in October of 2003 and released to the Pentagon, which was looking at this problem from the point of view of what is the worst that could happen. It was named “An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security.” The summary went far beyond what most Pentagon experts had expected."

"Realizing the incredible possibilities of this study, Mr. Marshall made a decision to publicly report this and other information to the American people. And probably because of President Bush’s stance on Global Warming, which is beyond negative, he also decided to go around the president, and he published his information and concern in Fortune magazine on February 9th 2004."

"In his article in Fortune, Mr. Marshall explains how the melting North and South poles and glaciers from around the world are composed of fresh water and within this fact is the basis of the impending global weather disaster."

"The Gulf Stream or scientifically referred to as North Atlantic thermohaline conveyor is a stream of warm water that comes from south of the equator and flows over the surface of the ocean toward the north where this warm water keeps Northern America and Northern and Western Europe from freezing. It also holds most of the world’s weather patterns in the way we are used to."

"Then as this Gulf Stream cools down, it drops to the bottom of the ocean and returns as a river in the ocean to the south where it warms up again and rises to the surface and then returns to the north one more time in a continuous convection current. It is a huge three dimensional figure eight."

"The motor that keep this warm water flowing is found in the north where the Gulf Stream drops to the bottom of the ocean. It is the salt density of the ocean that causes this river to drop and pulls the warm water up from the south."

"Now that the poles are melting and fresh water is flowing into the Atlantic Ocean and the salt density is decreasing, the Gulf Stream does not drop quiet as far, which results in a slowing down of this Stream. The Gulf Stream has been dramatically slowing down now for at least ten years."

"As the Gulf Stream slows down, the warmth is not brought to the North Atlantic region, and the weather patterns begin to change for they are dependent on this warmth to keep a balance."

Global warming appears to be happening. My personal belief is that although man has contributed to global warming, the real cause is just another part of a natural occurring earth cycle. Possibly a cycle that goes beyond earth and is affecting the whole solar system. If the gulf stream is breaking down we are in big trouble.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm glad I live in South Florida.
I'm at 12 feet elevation and don't worry about the ocean ever coming through my front door.
I don't see Florida being depopulated from people fleeing the heat.
We had a pretty mild summer and I saved a little on my air conditioning bill compared to other years.
I am a little worried about things like crop failures from cold and possible food shortages and coming high prices, which have been creeping up anyway.

As for the post directly previous to this: Blah blah blah. There is a net increase in water locked up in ice sheets ad sea ice and glaciers and any info that says otherwise is manipulated by selective sampling to be deceptive on purpose. Just ridiculous.
edit on 9-12-2010 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatKnot

Exactly, natural cycles of the earth, the sad thing is that if you pay attention in school and obviously you have to understand that historically this are part of natural earth cycles.

But because most people doesn't give a darn about history they take what is given to them by so call "reliable sources", selling global warming and cashing out on the scaremongering is the agenda.

Still we are due for an ice age and I think we may see the changes in our lifetime.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmiOra
Months ago I explained in a post how global warming is false, the earth is really cooling. I live in the states, the whole east coast is nearly 20 degrees colder than average and is showing no signs of letting up. All the glaciers that are breaking off and floating to see is providng a cooling effect in the end.

Really how do you know.. I have studyed environment science for 5 years and work in the field.. I have done extensice research and i still dont know..
No offence but opionion is cheap...

kx

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Global warming is not that the earth is getting warmer like the profiteers are trying to sell, it means that we are to get colder.

Historically we are living in the period between the last ice age 11,000 thousand years ago and the interglacial age that prelude the last ice age, so warmer temperatures as in global warming is part of the whole cooling trend.

Our glaciers are not going to melt anymore than they have been doing and during the cold winters they will be regenerating with no problems.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OmiOra

You are very right, we are not getting warmer but cooler, but the warming trend lately is just the persecutor of the ice age as it was during the last ice age.

But colder weather doesn't sell as much as global warming.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
hey guys

brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Im in Australia, and I tell you what this is one weird summer!!! At the moment im rugged up to the max!!! Its cold, its rainy, and half of the eastern states have flooded.
There is still a chance lil ol South Aussie down the bottom will get flooded as the waters flow down from nsw and vic. Aussie is still recovering from a massive drought that destroyed much of our rivers/land/riverbanks, there is a whole lot of dry unstable riverbanks that are just going to give way to any flood waters.
They recon its the most rain we have ever seen.
Summer in australia and Im freezing cold and need an umbrella to go home.

In my job i monitor alarm systems across the country, so Im often aware of the weather across the board as it interferes alot. This cold harsh climate upon us --- has a few people spooked. ETSA (our power company) is having trouble maintaining lines.

wonders if this is affecting our melatonin levels? I dont know enough about it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
169 year record cold in Florida!
I just heard that on the radio.
I thought it was a little unusually cold lately for this time of Year.
I also heard it may snow in Hawaii this year.
Antarctica has ice miles deep and the weight of it pushes off big pieces.
It's just being squeezed out, not breaking off because it is rotting from heat or something.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I am in Ga and we have snow flurries, and we don't get snow but every ten years

I hear that Florida is going to fall in the 10s next week and we may have some snow for real in Ga, records, we are heading for new records.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Temps here in s.e asia hot as always.. Though we have got alot more rain than usual this year bringing some bad floods with it..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I guess it's official now, it is snowing in Hawaii.
So I don't see how this is global warming and the cold is not just in a couple isolated places.

new topics

top topics

join