It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are WE ourselves the so-called Aliens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
What I'm saying is that the misinterpretation of "Aliens" might just be us from the future?
This is exactly the point I make when someone sees something making maneuvers they think we can't currently make.

The claim is that it "must be aliens" because humans can't do that.

But that's not the case. We don't know what it is if it's a UFO and it could just as easily be time travelers from the future Earth, in fact that explanation might be slightly MORE likely according to some people. But it could be either, or it could be something else.

One other point, what will humans evolve to look like in the future. One clue is, how did we look in the past? We had smaller heads, now we have larger heads, so if that trend continues humans of the future will have larger heads still to hold larger brains.

Now physically, humans have become larger, but on the other hand, we now have so many machines and technology to do our work for us that it's possible our bodies could get smaller in the future with less physical demands, not to mention out of control population growth that will someday exceed the resources of planet Earth. Look for example at pygmy elephants on small islands, when resources become scarce, smaller bodies are one adaptation we've seen.

So where does this lead us? Smaller bodies, larger heads, and a few other changes? How about Grays? The original gray artwork from many decades ago was supposed to represent not aliens, but humans time travelers from the future.

Food for thought.

So yes I think the OP poses a very good question, though I'd rephrase it slightly to ask what if the unexplained UFOs are from time travelers rather than ET, and what if Grays are actually time travelers? (evolved future humans)?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

But that's not the case. We don't know what it is if it's a UFO and it could just as easily be time travelers from the future Earth, in fact that explanation might be slightly MORE likely according to some people. But it could be either, or it could be something else.

In the context of human thought/imagination, I believe the best way of understanding the UFO phenomenon is aliens with advanced science. Recently however, I have come to the conclusion that "aliens" makes no sense and is a fundamentally "inside the box" way of thinking.

I'm fairly certain (although I can't prove it) that the phenomenon is aliens AND time travelers. They are both one in the same thing. If that makes any sense at all.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
to say that what we consider to be aliens (UFOs, grays, reptilians, etc) today are possibly humans from the future, we have to take into consideration that there is no fixed future at all. the future is the cumulative result of the mistakes and good things that the human race can and will accomplish today. so i have to ask, if aliens are humans from the future, which future are they from?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
We all have "alien" dna within us.

Hmmm interesting...

And where do we have a copy of this Alien DNA that we can compare ours too... to see if we have this Alien DNA? Appreciate some links thanks

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I am beginning to think several different types of humanoids came to this planet at the same time.

They developed earth-to some degree, and ended up killing each other here to- to the point where they were almost wiped out.

The races (most) regenerated and came on scene around the time of the Summarians and early Egyptians.
Not to mention the sects in South America.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I have to agree with you on that point. Not sure about the war part, but definitely feel that many different races of ETs have in the past, and even today, visited Earth. Also, as with humans, there are good and bad amongst them. It would explain why there are similarities between cultures halfway around the world that most likely could not have come in contact with one another. However, as I stated in my earlier post, ancient man could have been very advanced, more so than us possibly, and all that knowledge has been lost. Then it would have been possible for them to interact with distant cultures.

Scientist have said that modern man has not been around long enough for us to have the differences we have. Asians, black, white, we could not have evolved enough in the time we have been here. It is possible I suppose that we descend from different races of ETs.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
reply to post by ZikhaN

From my understanding humans were created by "aliens" and placed here on earth as some sort of experiment. We all have "alien" dna within us.

I agree to an extent.
The theory of us being placed here by these 'aliens' makes sense as I can't think of any way we ended up here.
Maybe 'aliens' are the real 'God' that people believe in and worship, nobody knows for sure... But I can see it.
Are UFOs just them cruising around checking up on us as their experiments? Are the abductions tests on us to see how we reacted to a different environment?
These questions and many more will always be running through my head, I do hope so much that we have actual contact some day.. That would be nice, maybe a lot of society's questions will be answered.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

It is a good theory, but no. If something travels in the time, whatever they do would have had to happened in the past, resulting in a paradox.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by typwar
reply to post by ZikhaN

It is a good theory, but no. If something travels in the time, whatever they do would have had to happened in the past, resulting in a paradox.

So take out the time travel portion of the theory, when 'mankind' as in humanity began, maybe we were placed here by Aliens who placed us there at that time, no time travel involved at all. They brought us to Earth from wherever they are, and study us here.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

like you i have doubts about the time traveling but im not saying it aint possible. i sometimes wonder if our dna is the same as other lifeforms in this galaxy or other galaxies. different conditions could alter ones appearance so as to make it seem they are alien, which they are, but maybe we have the same makeup as they do. the mayan race that vanished so mysteriously hundreds of years ago. lets imagine that they were taken to another world that could support them and having spent all that time on another world they decided to come back here for some reason. would they still look the same as they did when they left? i believe there are "alien humans" as well as completely different lifeforms out there somewhere but we all have a dna makeup that is the same at the core. maybe thats why it is easy to manipulate once you're able to recognize it. because we are all the same at the core. do you think that is a good possibility or am i the only one who feels this way?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

I mean, I don't think all those thousands of years ago that all these different ancient civilizations learned how to live, advance, build tools etc out of nowhere, someone must have taught them this. Aliens perhaps?

I just want to point out that no one “taught” the squirrels to gather nuts, the dolphins to swim, the birds to fly....

If you get my drift...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hypothetically speaking, let's say we were "brought" here a long long time ago. It is entirely possible. Now the fun part--what if "we" came back? Say a "non-terrestrial" ship landed, humans came out of it and declared that this hypothesis were the truth? I feel that an overwhelming part of the population would not be able to handle this.

Then again, the humans that brought us here could have long since become extinct. Nevertheless, it is very interesting to wonder!
edit on 11-12-2010 by hooptie because: misspelled a word!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hooptie

Yes. To explain away all the inexplicable things we have found from the past with religion and Gods is just ridiculous. In all ancient texts there are descriptions of beings from the stars/sky (why do we call the stars the heavens?) riding on chariots of fire, these people must have had some serious imagination to even fathom such things. There are so many things that point to an ancient astronaut theory and so few that point to an omniscient God. I am not saying that I do not believe in a higher power, but looking into our human past I see things which should not be unless we were visited at some point from "Gods from the stars" You really have to look at things from the eyes of these ancient humans and how they would begin to describe, say a rocket or a bomb, a gun or modern medicine (bringing people back from the brink of death) These miracles that these Gods would perform are not quite as miraculous to us, but to them it would have been a strong display of magic or the like. it is ignorant to think that the Sumerians, the Inca, Cambodians, Egyptians etc would go through all of that trouble (building pyramids, embalming bodies etc) for a mythical God that they had never seen. There must have been some initial spark to ignite their fire. Don't you think?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by worlds_away

Yeah but dolphins have been able to swim since the beginning of time. It's part of their evolution.

For us humans, building tools etc is something that must be learnt. It can't have just randomly happened from nowhere, considering how slowly these advancements occured throughout history...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
One of Einsteins last theories was to prove the impossibility of time travel itself within a strictly linear sense, not through the impossibility of the means, this was given as a solved unknown for the hypothesis. It was the nature of time itself, and how it's actually created every millisecond, if you want this in a nutshell. That if you could travel back, then you are only able to travel back to a particular millisecond, and the reality created from there, would be a branch off of it, starting with the same millisecond of time, into a new path, or alternative future based upon that point. That once time is created, it cannot change, it's a completed work that has already been written down and set in stone forever. Now, here's what is cool, but I have to go into theology on this to explain it, for it backs his statements of study. God is supposed to be outside of the time line, he sees it all as a completed work, past, present and future at once. This would indicate it's a completed work, already finished in total completion, unchanged, and unchangeable, "except by him of course".

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

well technically anytime we are in a physical body could be considered alien , which would make everybody an alien.

The true form being a being of light/ spirit or whatever you wish to call it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i agree op
aliens would all come from the same things right just evolve differently
so based on a alien species history they would change

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

there are many people including myself that believe our planet has reached an advanced level of civilisation several times in the past , and something happened that caused us to have to start all over again.

so it is quite possible that the aliens are our ancestors that set out to colonise other planets in our far distant past

who knows ? maybe we came from another planet and colonised earth

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join