House Democrats defy Obama on tax cut bill

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

House Democrats defy Obama on tax cut bill

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

(CNN) - Defying President Obama, House Democrats voted Thursday not to bring up the tax package that he negotiated with Republicans in its current form.

"This message today is very simple: That in the form that it was negotiated, it is not acceptable to the House Democratic caucus. It's as simple as that," said Democratic Congressman Chris Van Hollen.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Looks like its not as cut and dry as some would make it seem. I hope they come to SOME agreement ( minus the Estate tax, this won't create JOBS ).

If don't get my EIC with my taxes this year, I won't be able to buy a car, and stimulate the economy.

Let's do what the Tea Party fought for, reduce the debt for future generations, impose the Estate tax! Tax the rich!

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

uh no. The estate tax needs to be done away with altogether.

Cut all taxes, and eliminate all unconstitutional spending. That would be a giant step in the right direction.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Cut all taxes, and eliminate all unconstitutional spending.

...and welcome yourselves to the Stone Age.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Good.

Obama is a republican puppet now.
It is better to fall on your face fighting, then fall on your back bending against your principles.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Cut all taxes, and eliminate all unconstitutional spending.

Income tax serves one purpose only. It pays the interest on the loans which the private banksters, known as the Federal Reserve, have lent to the US. It is a huge scam of the highest magnitude which most people aren't aware of. If the government took back the right to print its own money, the way is should be, and as it was prior to 1913. Income tax could be abolished. Domestic government spending would be covered by the sales tax alone.

This is what JFK was starting to implement. He had already issued an executive order to return the right to print money to the US government. That's why he was killed. The banksters pocket billions of dollars this way - all the interest eventually goes into their own private bank accounts.

These are the billions they use to control and bribe and blackmail and coerce and create wars. We finance our own slavery and murder through our income tax.

Abolish income tax and welcome to an honest, largely peaceful,abundant and infinitely better world.
edit on 9-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Some quotes on the Federal Reserve:

"This [Federal Reserve Act] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President [Wilson} signs this bill, the invisible government of the monetary power will be legalized....the worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency bill." — Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. , 1913

"The financial system has been turned over to the Federal Reserve Board. That Board as ministers the finance system by authority of a purely profiteering group. The system is Private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits from the use of other people's money" -- Charles A. Lindbergh Sr., 1923

"We have, in this country, one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board. This evil institution has impoverished the people of the United States and has practically bankrupted our government. It has done this through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it". — Congressman Louis T. McFadden in 1932 (Rep. Pa)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
To quote another on taxes:

"A tax cut means higher family income and higher business profits and a balanced federal budget. Every taxpayer and his family will have more money left over after taxes for a new car, a new home, new conveniences, education and investment. Every businessman can keep a higher percentage of his profits in his cash register or put it to work expanding or improving his business, and as the national income grows, the federal government will ultimately end up with more revenues."

-- John F. Kennedy, Sept. 18, 1963

The democratic party has not always been the party of higher taxes, but somewhere along the line the party of JFK has become just that.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Another Quote:

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson
edit on 9-12-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
reply to post by wcitizen

Another Quote:

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson
edit on 9-12-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

Yes, imagine, he said that just after it had all been signed...and it has been proven to be so true.
second

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
And one more:

If the American people ever find out what we have done to them, they will chase us down the streets and lynch us".

G.W. Bush Sr.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Not quite.

The only way we get to the stone age is to continue spending on ridiculous programs like foreign aid and social assistance programs.

new topics
top topics

join