It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anonymous Phenomenon ... A Trip Down ATS Memory Lane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hi folks,

With all that is going on, as many of us sit and observe these incredible times we live in, as a cyberwar is unfolding before our eyes, and nothing less that our internet freedoms are at stake, I thought I would take the opportunity to share a very interesting thread which tackled the Anonymous phenomenon as it was emerging as an internet (for lack of a better word) entity.

It is authored by one of the most intelligent and creative conspiracy theorists we have on ATS, mister.old.school

The thread:

The "Anonymous" Scientology Protest is an NSA/FBI Fishing Expedition

Now keep in mind that the thread was authored almost three years ago and the degree to which its OP is accurate isn't really the reason for reading it ... m.o.s' thinking is always valuable even if sometimes the conclusion proves to be off the mark, for it is always based on an analytical and deconstructive process that precludes personal predisposition and ideological bias and offers alternative propositions that few ever consider.

Most importantly the thread, as it evolved, attracted the attention of the Anonymous community who came over to ATS to heavily engage in the conversation contained within.

A much more rudimentary discussion on Anonymous is also available in the form of a debate.

Anyhoot, because the nature of Anonymous is ofter difficult to peg, I though that mister.old.school's thread would be an enjoyable and informative read .

Cheers!

join