It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Under Cyber-Attack from Wikileaks Supporters in 'Operation Payback'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Sarah Palin Under Cyber-Attack from Wikileaks Supporters in 'Operation Payback'

www.sott.net

The website and personal credit card information of former Gov. Sarah Palin were cyber-attacked today by Wikileaks supporters, the 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate tells ABC News in an email.

Hackers in London that the Palin team believe to be affiliated with "Operation Payback" - a group of supporters of Julian Assange and Wikileaks - have tried to shut down SarahPac and have disrupted Sarah and Todd Palin's personal credit card accounts, SarahPAC aide Rebecca Mansour said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well this one escaped my rader. I dont think it is being done by the usual crowd... If so plz let me know..
It says it waa orchastrated from a team of hackers in london and that even her credit card details have been messed with.
Thats a bit more technical than the Ddos atacks that have been seen sofar.
The more hacktavists will take there time planniing atack, i think we will see more of this kind of thing..

kx

www.sott.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
lol @ '"a shady disreputable organization with no regard for laws or human life. This is how they operate. The world should not be intimidated by them.'

sounds like the government atm....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Is it really just amateur hackers....or could it be "the network"? You know, the network where people owe each other favors or where someone is leveraged into compliance?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Good stuff

Is there anyway to shut down her over enthusiastic sound box ??

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

It's amazing how these politicians are so in denial.
They seem to really not get what all this all about.
How it's about THEM and how they are responsible collectively for the absolute shambles
that the world is in because of the lies and deceptions that have gone on for way too long.
Sarah can't even see or hear the absolute IRONY of her own words.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This sounds more like Palin being a "media ho" by trying to get some attention out of the whole "Operation Payback" bit in the current news cycle. She always finds a way to inject herself herself in the daily news cycle.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Especially since Anon makes no mention of targeting Palin's Web site. The ones they have gone after, Visa, Mastercard, and Paypal's payment servers have indeed been disrupted.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Now this one I wholeheartedly support!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I couldn't agree more. This could be the start of a world wide hack. Assange has shown the world how to fight the machine. As for Palin, anything that disrupts that db's life is a good thing IMO...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
hope these corrupt patsies keep giving these hackers a reason

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
existing thread... plz close.

ty kx

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
All I have got to say is

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link