It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT: Operation Payback Is About To Attack Amazon and Visa.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
The problem is: attacking companies like PayPal, Visa, and Amazon is also an attack on the innocent people who use them and need them for their own livelihood.

The US should have thought about that before demanding these companies break ties with WL...

Sorry, its the truth....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

So, they define getting money into the economy as us giving our hard earned money to a corporation that buys goods that are made in any number of Asian/Indonesian country?
Its not 20-30 years ago when the money actually did circulate from an American consumer to an American manufacturer, thats how you stimulate an economy.

I cant believe that economists use Americans going further into debt on the holidays as an economic gauge.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There are a few threads about that already...

kx

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Not at all, your oppinion is correct and a good contribution towards the thread, Anyone who trys slating you for that will have an argument with me as well

This poison pill Isnt around yet, chances are it might never happen either but At the moment assange is in no real danger from anyone and could yet be released so it would be unneserry to release the only insurance he has of been fairly disciplined by whomever choses.manages to judge him on his undoings.

edit on 9/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

IF, there is anything to it, i am sure that he is using it as a negotiating tool and, if he caves (sells out), were likely to never, ever see whats in that infamous insurance file.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Animatrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Never thought I'd say this, but I'm rather impressed with ANON over the past couple of days. I do feel for those whose livelihoods are being affected by the paypal outage, but people should have multiple processors anyway.

This seems to me to be the most effective finger in the eye to the TPTB to date. Interesting times.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeasantRebellion

The problem is: attacking companies like PayPal, Visa, and Amazon is also an attack on the innocent people who use them and need them for their own livelihood.

There are casualties in every war, unfortunately. That's never stopped them from being fought before.

Very well said. and yes i agree. in every war there are innocent casualties. why should cyberspace be any different?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

In all honesty it could just be a picture of his cat with its head stuck in a plant pot

The final mockery to TPTB

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix
IF, there is anything to it, i am sure that he is using it as a negotiating tool and, if he caves (sells out), were likely to never, ever see whats in that infamous insurance file.

If Assange doesn't release the insurance file, he will be as contemptible as the people he's exposing. He has an enormous responsibility to release the information.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
As it's been stated on this thread, companies have the right to do business with whomever they chose. I support what ANON is doing primarily because recognize it or not this is a cyber-war that is happening RIGHT NOW. It's a war over information and a power struggle to keep the internet itself uncensored.

Amazon, Paypal, Visa and MasterCard have chosen to side with the US Government in dropping WikiLeaks so they've picked their poison. If you support those companies then unfortunately you will go down with the ship. The part that is downright illegal is that Paypal, Visa and MasterCard have frozen money which belongs to WikiLeaks.org. They have essentially stolen millions of donations to a noble cause. How would you feel if Paypal froze accounts to the junior diabetes research foundation because it went against the US government's views or exposed a problem that could get someone in Washington in big trouble? You would feel angry at Paypal because it is a detestable action. what's so different? WikiLeaks is trying to expose the corruption in governments around the world so people like you and me can wake up to the fact that we're being shafted at every turn so the ones "in charge" can profit from it. Well I say that this is about F#$*ing time that they got a message from people that says "We're in charge, back off or you won't get your little Limo to drive around in, instead you might get a hearse or a prison cell".

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Why would he release his insurance file now? The charges are likely going to be dropped. He is much safer with British Intelligence than he would be on the loose. I think that WikiLeaks started out as a way to fame and fortune and grew to consume him. I don't think anyone could forsee the events that have led to this. It's all about money. Assange is no hero.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
www.amazon.com...

its still up

do they have enough people to participate

probally not amazon is to big to fail

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
It's all about money. Assange is no hero.

Assange could easily have sold his material back to the US government for millions.

No, it's not "about money".

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The problem with attacking foriegn countries based on lies is it KILLS INNOCENT PEOPLE...tell your words to the parents of children who have been killed by collateral damage based on lies and deceit.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube

The problem with attacking foriegn countries based on lies is it KILLS INNOCENT PEOPLE...tell your words to the parents of children who have been killed by collateral damage based on lies and deceit.

It wasn't Amazon, PayPal, or Visa etc. who attacked those countries.

Operation Payback seems like a reactionary response, which is generally not a good idea.

One surefire way of turning the public against Wikileaks is to attack the websites the public use on a daily basis.
edit on 9-12-2010 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
dude the man turned himself in on some trumped up charges that had already been dismissed . the only reason they are going after him for them again is because the us state department encouraged sweden too.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stryker Ops
As it's been stated on this thread, companies have the right to do business with whomever they chose. I support what ANON is doing primarily because recognize it or not this is a cyber-war that is happening RIGHT NOW. It's a war over information and a power struggle to keep the internet itself uncensored.

Amazon, Paypal, Visa and MasterCard have chosen to side with the US Government in dropping WikiLeaks so they've picked their poison. If you support those companies then unfortunately you will go down with the ship. The part that is downright illegal is that Paypal, Visa and MasterCard have frozen money which belongs to WikiLeaks.org. They have essentially stolen millions of donations to a noble cause. How would you feel if Paypal froze accounts to the junior diabetes research foundation because it went against the US government's views or exposed a problem that could get someone in Washington in big trouble? You would feel angry at Paypal because it is a detestable action. what's so different? WikiLeaks is trying to expose the corruption in governments around the world so people like you and me can wake up to the fact that we're being shafted at every turn so the ones "in charge" can profit from it. Well I say that this is about F#$*ing time that they got a message from people that says "We're in charge, back off or you won't get your little Limo to drive around in, instead you might get a hearse or a prison cell".

Couldn't have said it better myself

They picked their poison, now let them suffer. I wonder what their Christmas season revenues will look like to their stockholders? Now THAT would put their asses in a sling for sure.

By the way, this might be a great time for an independent processing company to do a start up! Hint, hint!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop
not that I disagree with attacking criminal organizations like VISA and MASTERCARD...but you have to be Julian Assange himself (or just very very gullible) not to think that what Wikileaks is doing isn't criminal and isn't manipulative and cowardly.

Plus, he's a rapist. The fact that he's running proves it.

Are you dense? He turned HIMSELF in, and this is coming from someone who doesn't much care for the Ass-man. And if you have read any accounts of the crime he's committed, you by now would have heard that the maximum or customary fine for the "crime" he's committed is similar to a pricey traffic ticket: $750 bucks and no jail time. However, the prosecutors know that these charges will never stick and they are simply trying to get him extradited so the US can grab him. The British may not even extradite him, at this point, they are reviewing the prosecutorial case and if it doesn't fit the UK's definition of "rape", the Crown will NOT send him anywhere.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix

If Assange doesn't release the insurance file, he will be as contemptible as the people he's exposing. He has an enormous responsibility to release the information.

I do agree there--even if it's over a period of time that's fine.

The one thing that does give me hesitation that there is anything EARTH SHATTERING in that file is that if there is something that would change our lives, then he has a moral obligation to pull the trigger while he still can, instead of covering his own ass.

I guarentee that if it's something THAT big, he may never be killed simply because he may change the world, and would become revered worldwide. I think that's what he's going for. He may become "too big" to be murdered, although that's a stretch. Listen, I don't care if he's a slimeball, if he can actually release info like this...I can forgive all of his personal indescretions. I think that's what he's holding on for, so if there's something there...who knows.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jademonkey2k

I don't understand your logic. Banks list their procedures and fees in the fine print of each document related to whichever financial service you sign up for whether it be a credit card or savings account. All you have to read the stuff you signed or were given at the time. They also notify you,usually in writing, anytime a change in policy is made. It's not stealing if you give consent. You know what I mean?

Like Mr. Cantona said,just withdraw your money from the bank if you don't like them. No need to do silly stuff like DDOS attacks either.

Just my two bits,for what's it worth...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join