It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

ALERT: Operation Payback Is About To Attack Amazon and Visa.

page: 1
10
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

ALERT: Operation Payback Is About To Attack Amazon and visa .


www. sfgate.com

After taking down Visa.com and Mastercard.com yesterday, the hackers seeking to avenge Julian Assange have trained their targets on Amazon.com.
(visit the link for the full news article)


edit on 9/12/10 by TedHodgson because: the kittens attacked...




posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well it was only a matter of time before they hit amazon, afterall they refused to keep wikileaks on thier domian.
Annoymous are causing online havock for websites and payment centres alike, and personally i say good on em'.
www.businessinsider.com...#
Click the above link to see their greatest hits^^^

OOooo its like V for Vendetta online! Im extremely excited about the possible outcome of all this


Before anyone starts with thier argumentative and speculative oppinions just remember we here to discuss not argue....

www. sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Id like to take this opportunity to say.. HAAA-HAAA
When things like this happen, one can really see the double standards of the world we live in.
Amazon.com allows a book about how to be a successful pedo on its site but kills wikis domain.
Financial centers freezing (stealing) peoples accounts without cause or reason.
Those are the crimes, not what wikileaks did.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgsonOOooo its like V for Vendetta online! Im extremely excited about the possible outcome of all this


With 20,000 protesters marching on parliament about tuition fees right now, you're not wrong.

Merry xmas to one and all...ha ha.

Save your money and join in the fun.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
not that I disagree with attacking criminal organizations like VISA and MASTERCARD...but you have to be Julian Assange himself (or just very very gullible) not to think that what Wikileaks is doing isn't criminal and isn't manipulative and cowardly.

Plus, he's a rapist. The fact that he's running proves it.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot
 


It we be so much more interesting with masks and cloaks though, you must admit



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here starts the £$ meltdown.. Even if its been pushed.. .. People fight back :-)



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop
not that I disagree with attacking criminal organizations like VISA and MASTERCARD...but you have to be Julian Assange himself (or just very very gullible) not to think that what Wikileaks is doing isn't criminal and isn't manipulative and cowardly.

Plus, he's a rapist. The fact that he's running proves it.


Rape=having consensual sex without a condom?

And if im not mistaken, he turned himself in.

Do you even know what youre talking about at all?



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Iv said it before in previous posts. Companies are not authorities. They cannot pick and choose who they do business with based on political issues that have nothing to do with them. Its refreshing to see a group of people taking action on this.

Companies that think they can do what the hell they like need to be taken down a peg or two.

A perfect example is when a bank charges you for somthing or other, then takes the money from your account. Essentailly they have stolen your money. Its like asking a plumber to fix your pipes and him taking the money out of your wallet before you gave it to him.

Taking money without consent is stealing plain and simple. A bank is just a corporate business just like any other, if they want money from you, they shouldnt steel it, they should send you a bill and negotiate payment terms.

A little off topic but my point remains, companies like Amazon cannot go around doing what they like when they like, they need to be held accountable for thier actions.

Good luck anno, go for it



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Amazon needs to be downed, they have problem hosting Wikileaks but no problems "selling" the cables.

Amazon UK Is Selling The WikiLeaks Cables As A Kindle Book



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   





posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The problem is: attacking companies like PayPal, Visa, and Amazon is also an attack on the innocent people who use them and need them for their own livelihood.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop
not that I disagree with attacking criminal organizations like VISA and MASTERCARD...but you have to be Julian Assange himself (or just very very gullible) not to think that what Wikileaks is doing isn't criminal and isn't manipulative and cowardly.

Plus, he's a rapist. The fact that he's running proves it.


IGNORANT beyond belief! Are you here to write for THEM or just not that smart or informed?

He gave himself up, he wasn't running anywhere and "rape" is the accusation NOT the verdict.

Wikileaks are not the criminals here, they are only passing on information in the name of freedom for ALL of us.

Dumb words there PPC.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
The problem is: attacking companies like PayPal, Visa, and Amazon is also an attack on the innocent people who use them and need them for their own livelihood.


There are casualties in every war, unfortunately. That's never stopped them from being fought before.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix
Id like to take this opportunity to say.. HAAA-HAAA
When things like this happen, one can really see the double standards of the world we live in.
Amazon.com allows a book about how to be a successful pedo on its site but kills wikis domain.
Financial centers freezing (stealing) peoples accounts without cause or reason.
Those are the crimes, not what wikileaks did.


We have to remember, that the reason paypal, visa, mastercard blacklisted WL is due to US pressure from it's gov.

Not sure about Amazon....



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness
 


Hypocrisy at it's finest.
They don't mind making profits out of the FREE leaks that Wikileaks shared with the world.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Just around Xmas too, perfect!

Long live anon and catz!



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jademonkey2k
Iv said it before in previous posts. Companies are not authorities. They cannot pick and choose who they do business with based on political issues that have nothing to do with them. Its refreshing to see a group of people taking action on this.

Companies that think they can do what the hell they like need to be taken down a peg or two.

A perfect example is when a bank charges you for somthing or other, then takes the money from your account. Essentailly they have stolen your money. Its like asking a plumber to fix your pipes and him taking the money out of your wallet before you gave it to him.

Taking money without consent is stealing plain and simple. A bank is just a corporate business just like any other, if they want money from you, they shouldnt steel it, they should send you a bill and negotiate payment terms.

A little off topic but my point remains, companies like Amazon cannot go around doing what they like when they like, they need to be held accountable for thier actions.

Good luck anno, go for it


No it's called a free market system, companies have every right to pick and choose who they do business with. The same thing with credit, if you have bad credit do you expect a company to extend you credit? Or are they just picking and choosing who to do business with? Or are they exercising their right as a company to decide who to do business with? I will agree seems fishy to pull support right now as they should have realized a while ago that wiki was in violation of the terms of service, gee I guess it's all about the $$. Either way many claim it's easy to run a company without using these companies for collecting money so I am sure wiki will have no problem getting the money to go where they need it without using evil companies such as paypal, visa, mastercard.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Animatrix
Id like to take this opportunity to say.. HAAA-HAAA
When things like this happen, one can really see the double standards of the world we live in.
Amazon.com allows a book about how to be a successful pedo on its site but kills wikis domain.
Financial centers freezing (stealing) peoples accounts without cause or reason.
Those are the crimes, not what wikileaks did.


We have to remember, that the reason paypal, visa, mastercard blacklisted WL is due to US pressure from it's gov.

Not sure about Amazon....


Is there an official memo about this? Could you provide a link to it because I haven't heard someone from the government and the companies stating that yet, but then again I haven't really read the news in a couple of days. Thanks



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson
 

Just keep in mind folks that it's a private company and part of being in America when you own a company is the hope that you can do what you think is right. Regardless of views of company owners I would hate to have a company and be bullied into selling a product I didn't believe in or what would not get me the most profit. We are trying to get money into the economy and although on the surface it seems like a good idea may not be for the consumer and I know folks are gonna burn me on that statement. My other comment is where is the poison pill or where is the mother load of all leaks????



new topics

top topics



 
10
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join