It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House acts to block closing of Gitmo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Article sub-title:

In blow to Obama, ban on detainee-transfer funds part of spending bill

Can we say "lame duck president already"? The new Republican controlled cHouse hasn't even been sworn in yet and another obama campaign promise - and reason many voted for him - goes down the drain.

(my underlining to emphasize that it is the dems in the House that are doing this to obama)

Congress on Wednesday signaled it won't close the prison at Guantanamo Bay or allow any of its suspected terrorist detainees to be transferred to the U.S., dealing what is likely the final blow to President Obama's campaign pledge to shutter the facility in Cuba.

The move to block the prison's closure was written into a massive year-end spending bill that passed the House on Wednesday evening on a vote of 212-206, part of a last-minute legislative rush by Democrats to push through their priorities before ceding the House to Republican control in January.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Star and Flag!

To be honest, Obama has had plenty of time to take care of this, yet another one of his campaign promises to fizzle out through his own neglect.

He would have us out of Iraq, close Gitmo, have a transparent administration...... blah, blah, blah....

Whatever, another brain-dead puppet politician.

edit on 9-12-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yes, I can say "lame duck President"

Obama has proven a huge disappointment in regards to his campaign promises. Apparently he is following the Bush neocons in policy and style of lies and deception.

Shouldn't this make the conservatives happy?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Yes, I can say "lame duck President"

Obama has proven a huge disappointment in regards to his campaign promises. Apparently he is following the Bush neocons in policy and style of lies and deception.

Shouldn't this make the conservatives happy?

To be honest, what happens to Gitmo has always been way down on my list of priorities. But obama chose to make a big deal out of it, so there he is, left flapping in the breeze by his own party. Just like they are doing to him now on tax cuts.

new topics

top topics

join