It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter from Anonymous

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
LOL genius hackers [sorry online living consciousness] but can't chose a site to host their letter with bigger bandwidth allowance.... I doubt it's from ANON.

It's the government who is taking down any information related to Operation Payback.

The most recent development is the apparent censorship of an article on Operation Payback.

Encyclopedia Dramatica, while not officially associated with Anonymous, has been host to information on many of its efforts. On Wednesday, according to Gawker, the Wiki-driven site was ordered to remove information regarding Operation Payback, the codename for the latest series of attacks against organizations that have moved against WikiLeaks.

“Some sites have received federal court orders to cease any further online documentation of the attacks…Among the sites where content is coming down is Encyclopedia Dramatica, which we're told received one of the orders,” the Gawker report said, noting that the information came from a source close to the situation.

www.thetechherald.com...

The government does not want the information to spread around. They want to keep the masses in the zombie sleep they are in now. If masses starts to realise someone is fighting for freedom that will be a threat to the government.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Alright, alright. Everyone's so upset by all the commotion and all the exciting news. Too much for you I guess. Let's pack up Wikileaks and Anonymous and go back to talking about Lindsay Lohan's drink driving offences and forfeiting up to 50% of our hard-earned income. Let's keep doing what we're doing, because the system is obviously working, right? Only two-third of the world is in poverty, that's a pretty good record. Corruption? No, no, that's nonsense. Wikileaks are the evil guys. I've heard enough about all this Wikileaks rubbish, I'm off to go read the latest goss on Katy Perry's marriage, then I have to go pay my taxes to keep those politicians doing the fantastic job they are doing.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I want to react to people saying you are not anonymous, it is useless.

Yes, I believe that CIA or others are capable of tracking down any single computer.
They can do this, but it will cost a lot of effort.
Especially when this one computer is doing something that thousands of other computers are also doing at the same time.
In that case, they can maybe catch a couple of persons but the majority will not get caught.
So I believe we are pretty safe as long as we're with many.

Go get em Anon!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Knowledge is power.
Subtitles to anime can be sold.
Able bodies are power
Even a weeaboo can hold a rifle.
Culture is power
For culture unites the people, and there is no greater power than a united people.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

If this is real you go anaon wish i could help but don't know too much about the hacking side of things

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

It's funny how every time we express our displeasure at being oppressed, they just up the oppression in the hopes we'll shut up and disappear. Every time they get their way through threats and bullying, well this time it's on the internet, this time we have real power, not the power to protest, not the power to whine about how THE MAN is keeping us down, but to ruin companies, to crash servers, to disable websites, to embarrass those in power.

This time they are just making threats, they are moving to silence us and shut us down, simply for saying things they don't like. I don't live in China, I don't live in the USSR, since when was freedom of speech regulated by the Government? "You can have freedom of speech as long as you say what we tell you to say." Screw that, I'll fight.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Finally!!!

A global consciousness/awareness is developing the Elite & TPTB are on the back foot, stand up world and stand with them lets take back our world & abolish greed there is enough to go round when these fat cats are gone there will be no wars, no lies, no poverty,

One world One People down with the 1% who keep us all divided, blind, & enslaved

Get behind them & be heard and most importantly UNITE!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well, it is from anon, so there's no verifying it really. It's on their site,? Oh, OK then.

One caveat: that 'living Constitution' bit smacks of populist democracy, as in 'progressive', and what a catch all phrase that is. We are making 'progress'. We only want to HELP you. Think cass sunstein (who?) on oprah, the new oprah, and she isn't shy about showing her big fat tears. I understand that this is a committee letter, bound by time and other constraints. Why not leave the Constitution alone, though, and just be the world's biggest gang of freedom fighters instead? The termites in government worked very hard getting that 'living Constitution' bit launched, as I recall.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Ive never had a problem with Anonymous......I never have any money in the bank anyway, so they cant cripple my finances. I have lived in a recession 10 years before it was popular. Anyway, I wonder if they know that they are just forcing the government to do what they already want to. To take the internet from the people, or at least to control it and its content vehemently. Hell this may even be the CIA causing all of this trouble online just so that they can secure the internet and filter "free speech" content and replace it with nothing but commerce. It works well with the plan that they have used on us so, so many times.....Problem (Wiki leaks..damaging country relations, causing potential wars - Internet hackers wreraking havok on internet and closing peoples business revenues down in the process.) I have already seen complainst from people about this. The people will beg for the solution to a problem created by their very own government.

"All we need is the right major crisis, and the nations will accept the New World Order" - David Rockefelle

Former President George H. W. Bush echoed that assurance. "Out of these troubled times... a new world order can emerge,"[4] he told Congress in a 1990 message aptly titled "Toward a New World Order." Back then, the opportune crisis was the Gulf War. It helped build public acceptance for the global management system, which had already begun to replace American "rights" with global rules.

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. 'This crisis provides the opportunity for us to do things that you could not do before." President Obama's Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
There is no turning back

reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by B3lz3buth
In my book, a group that WANT recognition and publicity for the illegal or extreme actions they made are called terrorisms.

And a DDOS attack...its a odd choice...ok it work (for now) but again, why involving 1000 of peoples, posting on channel, bragging '' i am a member of Anon'' etc...etc... when you can get 3-4 really skilled hackers and get a mess of epic proportion ?

Really think AI is science fiction and skynet like network are a good movie plot ?

But again they are 25 years ahead of the general public on EVERY domains.

They're trying to raise awareness from what I understand. They want to make a ruckus and make news simply because being silent is pointless, and just sitting around whining on the internet never makes a difference. I do not believe anon to be a bunch of terrorists, as I know the community and for the most part it's just a bunch of kids joking around and having fun. Every now and then they unite (more or less) on an issue and go do their thing. There's a major difference between them and what I and other sane individuals would consider "terrorists". Anon is not causing a loss of life or blowing up bombs here, they're basically just shutting down access to a website or two.

DDoS is extremely effective, btw. it's 4chan's attack of choice because anyone and everyone can get involved regardless of their technological literacy. 3-4 skilled hackers might accomplish something but to be honest 4chan's strength is in numbers and they know that, so they leverage it to their advantage like any smart tactician.

and, speaking as a student of computer science, AI is not what you think it is, nor is it as advanced as you'd like to believe. AI usually encompasses a set of machine learning algorithms or data structures used to solve complex problems, such as neural networks, autonomous agents, or genetic algorithms. AI is not a "thinking machine" nor will it ever be unless MAYBE you get some organic computers or something (which don't exist btw if you did some research). The government may be more advanced than we think by 25 years, but not in all areas. Computers are still young, the field of study is practically in its infancy. Many of the breakthroughs are from civilian and government cooperation (mostly through universities or larger corporations).

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
dear anonymous my name is thomas i support what you are saying and i agree with you but if you want freedom of speech why dont you come up with a internet system that the goverment cannot control and it can be for private use only for people who want privacey that dont wont to be moniterd by anyone but you have to be careful as terrarest might use it to communicate with each other thats why they moniter the internet with have to use our brains and think carefully about what we say on the internet thats why god gave us brains to think with we dont jump with out looking where we are jumping we might land in a dangerous spot so think about every thing you say please before you say it but i still agree with you about freedom of speech ok from thomash23

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

You do know that a proxy or two is still traceable, hell even 7!

Fact of the matter is, your using their network.
If they wanted to, they could find every person who distributed in the mass dos.attack.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

You do know that a proxy or two is still traceable, hell even 7!

Fact of the matter is, your using their network.
If they wanted to, they could find every person who distributed in the mass dos.attack.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
If you look at it in a legal sense , then ANON are being unlawful , they are breaking the law as they are damaging peoples businesses , which counts a loss to an individual.

WHilst they maybe trying to maintain our rights , they are in turn hurting others .

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I've long said Anon would be such a force if they united on a goal.
Of course, the threat of their identity (ironically as part of Anon) is what it takes.
We all benefit because if they fight and can keep for freedom of speech and it is maintained
we are all free to move in and out from under the shroud of anon.
shroud of anon..lol
Anon, if they put their mind to it, could run circles around WL.
edit on 10-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

better good or prove it.
2nd

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Anon will throttle us faster toward the internet kill switch. TPTB are going to use wikileaks and this to their fullest advantage in order to put more control on the people. As is, we are dealing with TSA and proposed VIPER units at bus stations. Soon enough, the internet is going to be moderated too, by big sis. She's chomping at the bit for this.

Of course they will call Anon terrorists, that's the only way to pit the public against them. Then big sis steps in and says she has to protect all of us from the net terrorists.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I don't know.. I think it would be bad news to take freedom of the net away from anon.
This is the entirety of some of these guys lives. They may identify more with anon then their real names.
How would you react if some government org said they were going to cut your arms and legs off? Steal your voice.
I'm not really worried about a net kill switch. New nets will spring up. Controlling the net would be the fastest route to get yourself opposed by millions of people quick.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Government has already been trying to control interwebz from last 5 years or so through ACTA & other legislations. Even if noone would fight the government they will still try to control the internet instead if people fight the government for freedom it will raise awareness among the populace. When enough people are aware there will be a #storm and it will be hard for the government to subdue the masses.

In another news, Anonymous is now being flexible and using several other techniques such as;

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join