It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter from Anonymous

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
To me there is no difference between a DDOS attack and like someone else said standing on the sidewalk in a protest stopping people from going into said place. Any one with a background with IT knows that going after the main site will have no effect on the transfer of money for MC or Visa. If you truly wanted to do that it is not that hard to track down an ip address of one of the authentication servers. Now if you were to DDOS that it could have an impact. All taking down a web site does is says we are blocking the main door. The other part of that is it is not that difficult to hack a site and change what is displayed. They are not doing that, just blocking the main door in a protest is all it is.

Crash

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I honestly have no beef with Anon and their intentions. I think that they are mistaken on the count that Julian Assange has good intentions however; the man has made himself and Wikileaks almost exclusive--their is NO wikileaks if Assange gets killed. He has his picture all over the website; why does he idolize himself so much? Look, the rape charges are crap, but this fool is in there for all he can get individually.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
is it illegal to prearrange a time for ligit patrons to visit a server on mass
to be clear
each person decides to visit a web site and post a message of loss of trust
each computer has a user asking legit questions or posting how upset they are
we dont have to use bots
we just show our distrust at a set time (no bots)
just a show of numbers
perfectly legal

that way we can all support annon without having our comps taken over
and its a way that ordinary people can show support without risk

please consider the legal option

the masses showing protest with legal actions that are not prosicutable

no bots just concerned citizens being lawful in a lawful assembly
catch is you have to leave a message to prove you arent part of a bot net
customer complaints anyone?

xploder

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I'll be in!!

My message shall be clear..

"A cat is fine too. Desudesudesu~"

edit - just to clarify... I won't... honest. I'll be too busy drinking as it's FRIDAY here in the land of the free.

edit on 9/12/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

They just don’t want their name and reputation connected with criminal activity.

Get real..!!!
Every criminal in the world has a bank account..
Since when did a financial institution develop a conscience?????

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

thing is how do we advertise without insiting public disobedence?
we need a trigger like assanges deportation from the uk
we pass the word that if assange gets deported as soon as the news is known
we all independantly decide to "visit" a site and post our thoughts
on mass but legally independant with no bots at all
it works because of public opinion and numbers
and all people can join in without fear of prosicution
not just anon

evert computer user on the net that wants to show their not happy
no bots
leave messages
keep it legal

the public nuclear option
spread the word
if assange gets deported we will all stand up legally
and post our anger on there sites
im sure you could post more than one post too

keep it legal and spread the word

ASSANGE DEPORTATION= nuclear public option
post on the sites that tryed to stop wikileaks
xploder
edit on 9-12-2010 by XPLodER because: add more

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Originally posted by XPLodER

Great idea. Could this also be done with phone calls?
second
edit on 9-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

So, MC,PP,V? Any others?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

Great letter. Thanks for taking the time to write and post it, and THANKS for fighting for our freedom. You guys are great. I agree the thing they are most frightened of is our unity....(well,and transparency, of course)....and I agree that NOW is the time.

If not NOW, when?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

yes good idea phone calls are legal
we are allowed to ring the companys and lodge personal complaints
as long as it is acual people and they complain about something (anything)
and not some automated phone attack

the streanght of the plan is all people can do it to show support
legal only though
pass the word

public nuclear option on news coverage of assanges deportation
spread the word legal only actions
if assange is deported we can mass together and show streanght in numbers

xploder

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Ok. we start as soon as the news breaks. calls and post messages on site!
second

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Oppressive tyrannical governments are not well equipped to face popular confrontations in the form of passive resistance, especially this unique virtual form that “Anonymous” has them engaged in.

We may be witnessing the unfolding of a global passive resistance movement that could potentially achieve immeasurable momentum, a theoretical force that no government is capable of stopping.

There has never been nor will there ever be a place for tyranny in a truthful world.

“Nonviolence is a weapon of the strong” – Mahatma Gandhi

edit on 9-12-2010 by seasoul because: Down with tyranny!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
there's already a better manifesto out there: it's called the constitution.

you just have to know how to apply it and take advantage of the mechinisms installed in its framework.

you don't have to be a powerful harvard trained lawyer, you have to know that under the law you have every right as the president.

a united states citizen is one of the most powerful people on earth, if you feel that your rights are directly being affected you can argue your case all the way to the supreme court, which is charged with making sure the constitution is being followed and it's not being violated by anyone, regardless of rank, position and power.

but the key is that it has to directly affect you in some meaningful, material way which can be proven.
just take your complaint to the courts and let them handle it.
edit on 9-12-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
LOL genius hackers [sorry online living consciousness] but can't chose a site to host their letter with bigger bandwidth allowance.... I doubt it's from ANON.

This page is frozen We are sorry, this site is unavailable because it has used up its monthly bandwidth. Please try back another time. If you are the site owner, you can signup for additional bandwidth by logging into your Webs.com account.

edit on 9-12-2010 by yzzyUK because: (no reason given)

not hackers, citizens of the internet

thats what anonymous are

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think Anonymous is a great idea, doing a great job for the people of the world to enjoy the freedom of speech and expression.

Internet 2.0 was coming, it was inevitable; maybe to be released in 5 years or so.

What Wikileaks and Anonymous have done could not have been a better time to do it. Time is running out, and everyone here and elsewhere would just sit on their chair, sign into their Facebook and find a Error 404 in 5 years time.

I would like people to understand that even though the TPTB might act quickly and form sort of Internet 2.0 ALPHA due to what has been going on this while back; it was inevitable anyway. The difference is, TPTB did not expect Anonymous and Wikileaks to get so much attention, interest, passion and inspired followers. This allows the people of the world to have the advantage of surprise, Internet2.0 is not/was not ready and wont be for some time.

So, just say TPTB think the only way to resolve this, is to close public Internet access globally.

Then there is a public outrage, protests, riots, loads of people with bruises and lots of arrests. Public continues to riot, then each country may have to advance their policing, bringing in more equipment to deal with riots e.g: Microwave weapons, Brown Noise etc. People will call it a Police State.

...but, when everyone see's the cruelty and tyranny, they will rise, all of them. Maybe it is what is needed in order to prevent a slow killing of human kind? If Wikileaks and Anonymous didn't throw a big dirty spanner in the works in the present, at that specific moment in time maybe the world would have slowly got it's rights taken away? Maybe The New World Order would have worked out for TPTB 100% All because nobody knew anything, no leaks, no take downs of corporate computer networks, no Julian Assange, no CCC, no TOR, no Linux..everything would have been slowly taken away until it was too late.

This could be an explanation of why there are some of us (Nice, Good, Innocent People) don't trust Wikileaks, or Anonymous. Not just that our trust has been broken, but all of us know that if we were the bad guys (TPTB), we would want to limit communication of potential *cough* terrorists. Some of us know that hard times are ahead and we will see maybe a percentage of what a Police State will look like, but maybe this way we won't spend much time in that tyrannical state? Maybe this way we can expose evil before it permanently pins us and our human rights to the ground?

Prevent a total Police State from happening by igniting one, kind of lighting a fire to stop another fire from spreading.

Maybe?...Maybe not?

Personally, I love throwing spanners

Go Anon Go

edit on 9/12/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by doom27
Yes, Anon is everyone, that's the point. We are all Anon. Anon isn't trying to be an organization, Anon is a collective. We are Anon

Long live Anon and Katz!

Anon is not everyone. "Everyone" is singular. And I am not united with this organization. (A.K.A. 4chan.org).
They are right in their ideas, but wrong in their actions.
Again, I do not claim affiliation with this group.
And their statement is wrong by logic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

editby]edit on 9-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2010 by freedish because: meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this.

The world needs more people like this. They are called HEROES!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Call me when people start dying as a result of Anon.

Perhaps it's a message that we need to stop relying on corporations that would soon ditch us anyway?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

The letter is a fake.

I can assure you of that. I joined today mainly to say that.

It was written by a 19 year old guy in Holland. Allegedly.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Maybe its just me but, since when hackers want publicity ? write letter ? want public recognition ?

Hacking IS illegal so in my mind when you are a real hacker or group of hackers, the more discrete and stealthy your are the better, no ?

In my book, a group that WANT recognition and publicity for the illegal or extreme actions they made are called terrorisms.

Its not a judgment call, i support the cause but not the meaning.

And a DDOS attack...its a odd choice...ok it work (for now) but again, why involving 1000 of peoples, posting on channel, bragging '' i am a member of Anon'' etc...etc... when you can get 3-4 really skilled hackers and get a mess of epic proportion ?

Do you imagine the bloody mess you can create by taking CONTROL of a system instead of just disabling it ?

Again maybe its just me, but after reading ALOT of threads on the subject, it seem that the US government and all the players involved ( those on the ''evil side'' not wiki and cie ) are seen as a bunch of idiots on a matter of computers, internet and cyber-war.

They have the best genius in the world working for them, they have the top of the top equipements lightyears away from my core I7, they have illimited funds, they have alien technology, AI working on neural net powered by organic computers...and so on...

Nobody seem aware of the capability they have .

Comon, you really think because you connect trough a proxy server in russia they cant find you ? LOL

Really think your " stealth " because you turned on InPrivate Browsing in IE 8 ? LOL

Really think your Norton Antivirus can detect a virus based on alien code created with organic supercomputer ? LOL

Really think AI is science fiction and skynet like network are a good movie plot ?

Really think PeerGuardian or any anonymizer is usefull ? LOL

Im nuts or parano ? think what you want...

But again they are 25 years ahead of the general public on EVERY domains.

I hope not but when they retaliate it will hit hard !

Just my thoughs , peace to all

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join