It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter from Anonymous

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I haven't weighed in my thoughts on any of this since the first two days of the cables were released.

I will say that I'm totally unsure what side of things WL is on at this point. Namely if they are what they claim to be, or if they are an intel front (the problem). I'm beginning to think at this point, what Assange's ultimate allegiances are (to We The People, or to the NWO) is entirely irrelevant. Either way, the government is using WL for a very clear and potent reaction and solution. They've sent a huge Pavlovian message to the sheeple. behave as we tell you to behave, think as we tell you to think or you will be severed from the economic grid and in many cases employment as well. What better way to underscore their power, and demonstrate exactly what the RFID will enable them to do to us once each one of us are tied to one of those infernal things.

In the case of ANON, I applaud the intention of what they are trying to do. I do wish they would cease and desist with PayPal specifically. It is home to too many small business and individuals who in the two weeks before the Holidays are now being subjected to a type of economic hardship. Visa and MC on the other hand, I do not have a problem with nearly as much.as many places that take MC/V are brick and mortar so may recieve either cash and/or checks to provide them with revenue.

I do think the way in which all of these financial institutions have cut Assange off is rather ridiculous. Especially in light of the fact that MC/V offer their services to the KKK. WL have killed no one that we know of. Can the same be said of the KKK? I loathe the KKK - that said, they should be free to have those services just as Assange should be . Or they shouldn't be given service, and neither should Assange. There is a distinct double standard at play here which underscores just how mandated this was by the US government.

It's amazing when I walk around my campus how many people think that Assange should be shot for treason. I disrupted an entire class on Tuesday when someone said that to argue loudly (to an Army Ranger of all people) that you cannot try and kill for treason a man who is not a US Citizen.. To that I say... In such a very short time, the programming has run so very deep. One thing is certain, if we who can see what is really going on remain quiet, if we do not speak out to correct these mispercieved concepts then it won't be very long until we are living in a very different Amerika. One in which First Amendment rghts will have NO meaning.... as opposed the very limited meaning they have now.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Dear Mr. Julian Paul Assange,

if you had only used the name Anon instead of your real name , you wouldn't have been in this mess.

long live anon.

no shooting please

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
My view is that they are terrorist committing acts of terrorism.

My advice here is for you to step away whatever tv channel or web blog is plugged into thy system before there's no coming back. Anyone as easily "terrorized" as yourself should be running for office or applying for a TSA job,

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am wondering why they haven't gone after the RIAA or MPAA? Or the law firms that represent such companies in the prosecution of internet users? Aren't those the ones leading the charge to attack internet freedoms?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I am wondering why they haven't gone after the RIAA or MPAA? Or the law firms that represent such companies in the prosecution of internet users? Aren't those the ones leading the charge to attack internet freedoms?

They have

Why We Protest - Anonymous

Anonymous launches ‘Project Skynet’ against ACTA legislation
edit on 9-12-2010 by Prince Of Darkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ahem.. All i have to say on this is... Anonymous FTW!

Go guys, go. They are attacking the only way they know how, which is cyber guerrilla warfare. There will be some causalities as another forum member is unable to earn his living because his main method of currency exchange Paypal was hit hard with DDOS attacks.

But someone has to fight the good fight. While the mindless masses shuffle about in existence oblivious to the acitons of their so called democratically and free government, a shadow group is pulling the strings. It's time for those strings to be cut.

Now, i hope that clandestine group has read Sun Tzu's "Art of War". Something tells me, they need to.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Amazon is still up and IS HUGE wont even put a dent in it...Im sure they don't have enough people even to put a dent www.amazon.com

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Also i dont think it is illegal to go to a website... thats all their doing basically everyone is typing in www.amazon.com all at one time rly fast with a program called loic with hivemode nothing more then click and refresh...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

It’s the intent behind it. You can argue ‘I’m only standing on the sidewalk’ all you want. But if you are blocking entrance to a business, you are committing a crime.

I know they are using proxies but that doesn’t mean you can’t track them. You can’t ‘spoof’ the server logs. If this attack gets categorized as terrorism as I feel it should, you can bet the FBI and the Dept of Homeland Security will be all over it. The knuckleheads are hoping the ISPs won’t cooperate with the FBI. They are also betting the foreign ISPs won’t cooperate. But the wager is their lives in prison. There is no guarantee what so ever the these foreign ISPs won’t cooperate in this one specific case. The US can bring a lot of pressure to bear on these small islands off out coast with proxy servers when the need to.

It’s one thing to hit some random company with a DOS attack. But this has crossed the line once they are announced the organization. Then announced the systematic attacks of predetermined companies. This is the peak time of year for all retail companies in the US. If you try to hamper the money flow you are asking for trouble.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This group, Anonymous, Wikileaks and other groups like it are Ideas and you can fight an Idea all you want but youll only end up frustrated and defeated.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think it is a new kind of act of civil disobedience.

I'm not sure the courts would approve though.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What about China? are there any other Governments that openly censor the web? is this not a declaration of War on those Countries? How will this war on truth affect it's citezens?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

My view is that they are terrorist committing acts of terrorism.

MC,V and PP decided not to be involved with a group that is disseminating stolen secret documents. JA is doing something that is questionable at best and criminal at worst. And these companies don’t want to associated with him. It’s no different than Tide pulling commercials from a television program that has ‘wardrobe malfunctions’. They just don’t want their name and reputation connected with criminal activity.

Now what I think is that the ones behind the DOS attacks don’t realize is they are not as hidden as they think. Yes they used all the mom and pop computers that have been infected with their software but they still leave tracks.

Here’s how I understand it to work.
MC, V and PPs ISPs know the IP addresses of all the computers attacking. Select a few thousand.
Go to the ISPs of those and get a record of all the IPs sending info to the mom and pops. There will be common IP addresses.
Follow the trail backwards. If they used a US server they are caught. If they used off shore servers (most likely) it’s tougher. They are counting on these servers being immune to US requests for information. But will these servers be immune from requests from France? Or even China? At some point the armor will crack just a little. Then the perps (likely US) will be caught.
Even if the penalty is only 6 months, the feds will have thousands of counts. This will mean life in prision.

What woeful ignorance. Anyone who is computer literate enough to use mIRC and LOIC will also be using an ISP that enables dynamic IP addresses, endlessly rolling through different numbers, and will also set up the hive connection to use proxies. Like, for instance SarahPAC's IP. And there is no way to tell the difference between a machine that has been co-opted as a zombie by others and one that is a commander.
And as far as stacking criminal counts, you better go back to law school. A thousand 6 month counts does not stack to 500 years in prison. Under Title 18, you stack to the next higher level, so 10000 counts of a 6 month offense stacks to 12 months. Oh, yeah, if you're going to talk about prison, learn to spell it.
Go, op_anon!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I read the whole letter. 4/10, good grammar is good. Anonymous wouldn't admit to being Anonymous though, troll.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I thank God for Anonymous..

Thats ALL of us btw.

I love the sweet irony that its not the named individual who saves the human race from slavery and lies, but the anomynous legion of people who value truth above all and put themselves in harms way in terms of loss of freedom for us all to keep alive the idea of true democracy that is FOR the people and not some interest group who wan'ts to rape our kids.

And they do everyday

Lie to us

Decieve us

Try to keep us dumb and distracted. Put drugs in our food and water. Tell us what to think. Make us kill our fellow humans in war and for THEIR benifit!

F@@k them!

Thank you anon

Im with you

edit on 9-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by doom27
reply to post by samkent

Actually, most of them are behind a proxy, they won't be able to find them.

The internet is an interesting place, its not as easy as you would think to find someone. IPs can be easily masked, even a 5 year old could do it.

I keep seeing people who are under this assumption. It's entirely false. What exactly is a proxy? Do you know? It's just a server to bounce off of. If that server gets broken into by authority, and the IP lists are found, then it's no longer anonymous. EVERYTHING that's transfered online leaves fingerprints. It's just a matter of resources and time to track down whoever. What can be done, is to use not only a proxy, but also a public access point. Then, it's pretty much anonymous, except for satellite tracking, etc..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I respectfully disagree.

First, the Supreme Court has already ruled years ago [during the NY Times case] that publishers of news-worthy, accurate information are not liable. The only person that has actually committed a crime thus far is whomever [thought to be Manning] stole the information originally. The thief is liable, not the publisher.

Second, Mastercard, Visa, et al, may not want to do business with Wikileaks. That is their right. What is not their right is to not allow people to spend their money however they see fit.

Forget Wikileaks for a second, what if Mastercard decides they are against abortion. Do you think that they then should be allowed to prevent people from donating to pro-abortion organizations? I should hope not. The same theory can be applied to anything -- religion, gay rights, etc.

If we learned nothing from 9/11, I at least had hoped we learned not to give away even more of our rights in order to fight the bigger fight. We have a right to support, with our own money, any organization that is legal. As of right now, WikiLeaks is perfectly legal.

The Supreme Court case can be reviewed here:

New York Times Co. v. United States, 403 U.S. 713 (1971), was a United States Supreme Court per curiam decision. The ruling made it possible for the New York Times and Washington Post newspapers to publish the then-classified Pentagon Papers without risk of government censure.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9-12-2010 by lpowell0627 because: Source of course.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

There are also different levels of proxys that provide varying levels of anonymity, as far as how much of the original ip is passed on to the target and there are proxys out there that wont pass on any info to the target but the info is still in the log of the switch it passes through.
However, log sizes usually have a fairly small size limit and the info begins to get written over once that limit is reached.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by thecinic

It’s the intent behind it. You can argue ‘I’m only standing on the sidewalk’ all you want. But if you are blocking entrance to a business, you are committing a crime.

Please show me the international law which states this to be fact. Until you can, stop lying.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
we need to send this info to all the news channels
if annon is seen as lawful disobedience
and not destructive by the wider non it literate audence
then people will help anon
this message of civil disobedence is the way to manage media
after all this is as much a media perception war as it is
an info war

remember we need public opinion on our side to win
thank you annon
now send this message to bbc msn and radio