It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Stern stays with Sirius! Announcement Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
WOOOHOOOO. Today howard stern said on his radio show today 12/9/10 inbetween 6am-7-am that he has resigned a contract and will be staying with sirius for another 5 years. His show will remain airing the same time it does now, and there will still be 4 days of the show a week. Howard is the only one with a contract so everybody (fred robin benjy gary tv show ) has to resign also.

I posted this 2 hours after he said it, and could not find any news articles, but Howard on his show played a news source that already reported it.

THIS IS NOT A HOAX, THIS IS REAL DEAL.

LONG LIVE HOWARD STERN!

Edited to add, msg to mods I did not know which thread to put this under and since no articles have been made I could not put it in the news forum. Please move to proper forum if needed.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/12/10 by masqua because: All Caps in title

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Who is Howard Stern

Oh now I remember him never mind.
edit on 9-12-2010 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
FA FA FO-HI Hell yeah! I was getting worried.. coming down to the line there..
LOVE George Takei on too--even if he has bedbugs. lol...

(Also hope they can 'get the poison out' next week!!!) That would be epic x100. XX me raven.....robin....

Wait.. he was negotiating on behalf of ALL of his guys... he even said that if he can't keep the crew, he won't bother coming back to SXM.. Hmmmm....

You can fire Benji... he sucks. Keep Fred and Baba Booey. (And keep Richard and Sal)!

edit on 12/9/2010 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

I know I was so worried that I wasted a few hundred dollars to buy the portable radio so I can listen to him anywhere. Now I know my life for the next 5 years will be with howard, He is the best entertainer to ever walk the face of this earth, no other guy I've listened to as much as that guy.

Hes a pure legend.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I really need to get sirius or some way to listen to him online, I listened to him when he first came out, YEARS ago in NY

BABABOOEY!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

10 bucks a month sirius website you can listen to him online. Its worth it

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
From Stern Fan Network:

5 MORE YEARS!!!
Howard Stern announced this morning that he's signed a new 2 channel 5 year deal @ SiriusXM!! The new deal finally gives us Howard 100 & 101 on all of the official cell phone apps. (iphone, android, & blackberry) His schedule is unchanged for now but he admits that the 4 day work week will change in the future with a new flexible schedule.

I'm taking notes below as more details come out.

DETAILS
- he's decided he want's to continue working in radio
- Howard says he's not done @ Sirius. There is still more work to do.
- He says he's still hungry to be successful. has eye of the tiger
- He says he's signed a 5 year deal & continuing at SirusXM!!!
- iPhone APP! He says he will be on all the phone apps now
- Howard says he got a very fair deal but won't go into money.
- there will be some changes in the hours Howard works but he can't go into details yet.
- the show will still start at 6am
- for now it's still 4 days a week but at some point that's going to change. He says they've given him a new more flexible schedule.
- there will still be 2 channels
- Howard says he hopes everyone else & all the other shows get picked up but no word yet. Everyone cuts their own deal.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I really need to get sirius or some way to listen to him online, I listened to him when he first came out, YEARS ago in NY

BABABOOEY!!!

I use STREAM_ON to listen to Sirius XM online, it KILLS the browser app. and its free:

gameshowthemesongs.net...

It's awesome.. like having the real SXM hardware, but as software! Love it!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hahaha they just faked an announcment on the air to Sal that they are quitting and he started crying! then they were like this is what happens when youre late and told him that hes staying and the whole room was laughing, that show is so cruel and funny

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

OMG! hahahaha I'm 1 hour behind listening, can't wait! Ooohhhh My! (then george scream sound effect) hehehe

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

his best show was the show he did on 9-11-2001, he stayed on for over 4 hours and let people call in to vent and such, people can say what they want about him, but as far as I am concerned, he IS a patriot and the show supports our troops, when I was overseas (mid 90's) and I wrote a letter to the show asking for backshows, they sent a big box of tapes, t shirts and tons of other stuff, so noone can say anything bad about him to me

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Baba Booey to you all, Stern Rules! WooHoo!

top topics

join