It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency International Poll: 6 out of 10 people say corruption has increased in the last 3 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
G'Day ATS,

Quite staggering really.

Transparency International: Global Corruption Barometer

Some information on this poll:

Corruption has increased over the last three years, say six out of 10 people around the world. One in four people report paying bribes in the last year. These are the findings of the 2010 Global Corruption Barometer.

The 2010 Barometer captures the experiences and views of more than 91,500 people in 86 countries and territories, making it the only world-wide public opinion survey on corruption.

Views on corruption were most negative in Western Europe and North America, where 73 per cent and 67 per cent of people respectively thought corruption had increased over the last three years.

I cannot get over that:

Views on corruption were most negative in Western Europe and North America, where 73 per cent and 67 per cent of people respectively thought corruption had increased over the last three years.

I always believed that corruption was a problem found predominately in developing or underdeveloped countries. That the people in the West view corruption as a major issue is an eye opener for me.

I suppose it's hardly surprising, those in power have shamelessly and blatantly robbed the people to prop up the banks, allowing them to go on gambling with our children's futures. If our leaders display such pathetic morals, it's going to filter down the system eventually.

Reported on the BBC.

All the best, Kiwi

NWO

edit on 9-12-2010 by kiwifoot because: fix title

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Cool, this is a good sign.

It means that people are waking up to the reality under their noses.

However, they are wrong about it "increasing". Only awareness of it is increasing. Knowledge, information.

The corruption has always existed, look in your history books. It's nothing new.

The new thing is that most people believed everything was fine, but are now increasingly becoming aware of the crimes being committed through power structures.

The information age has brought us awareness of what always has been going on.

I am glad that people are increasingly becoming aware of the dire situation. This is very good.

join