It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intrigued by ATS; from lurker to new member!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Greetings ATSers, thanks for having me here!

As well as being a general lurker and enjoying the forums, I have also been receiving the RSS feeds directly fed to my inbox for the last couple of years; I've been truly captivated by some of the content here on ATS. I thought it was high time I become a member... I don't get as much free time as I would like, due to work and study commitments, but I'm hoping I will have some constructive points to add to the site.

I'm a firm believer of 'making your own mind up'. What I mean by this is that this world/universe/empty space we call home has too many components for any human being to even slightly comprehend a fraction of them. Why should we believe what we read in the morning papers? Why should we believe what someone tells us in the street? Why should we believe what the history books say? Why should we believe what we 'learn' at school/college/university? I'm not suggesting all of this information has no credibilty, but I am always aware of one thing. This thing is called misinformation. The world we live in today revolves around money. The people with the money have an agenda: to manipulate the common people into believing their doctrines. This is all about control, and to some degree, this is how it has been here on Earth for thousands of years - since the dawn of religion. Misinformation = more wealth/believers/followers/slaves = control. In summary: I like to come to my own decisions and not blindly follow someone elses path. On the other hand, a sceptical person is a lonely person. It takes good judgement to split the good from the bad, and it's not always easy at first, or ever, even! That's life, I guess.

Apparently there are 6 billion people on Earth. Out of all of those people, how many can truly answer what should be the most fundamantal questions for us as intelligent humans.

How did we get here?

Why are we here?

These age-old questions will probably never be answered, yet logic tells me the answers to these questions should be the blueprint for life as we know it. How is one supposed to live with no purpose? We give ourselves purpose by taking on mundane day-to-day tasks; shopping, getting a haircut, deciding what shoes to wear... We are all pre-programmed with instinct; instinct for survival; instict to procreate; instinct to love. But what is the real purpose we are here? It seems to me we are still very much in the dark about a lot of things and our collective understanding of the world around us is still quite primitive in many ways.

My time spent on ATS thus far has shown me the diversity of observation of the world around us and questioning of the mainstream cognition. This is why I joined... I hope I will be able to contribute something here now I'm a member.

Thanks for listening.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
You'll fit in nicely
Welcome aboard

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hey man.

Nice wall of text lol.

Welcome to the forum.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EnglaTocyme

Welcome to ATS
Where did we put those spare tin-foil hats people?...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EnglaTocyme

Yes welcome. Your details have now been syphoned off by the Department of Home land Security. You are now officially on a no fly list, and a suspected terrorist database. Respective agents from the FBI CIA, NORAD, MOSAD, DHS, MI6 will be analysing your content and a swat team will be dropping by to re-educate you as to how the world works.

Don't worry though, the Pentagon will be very fair and balanced in their interrogation.

Of course, I'm just joking. I figured that if you'd left it 2 years before signing up, then like me, you might be a bit paranoid. All the best in your future ATS posts - I love it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

top topics

join