It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You never actually die

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
No one truly know what happens when you die. We have such strong thoughts about it that it seems impossible that we just cease to exist.

I believe in an afterlife, if I didn't I would be pillaging the world!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Do you remember what it was like before you were born?

No? Death is the same thing.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
No one truly know what happens when you die. We have such strong thoughts about it that it seems impossible that we just cease to exist.

I think it seems this way because there is such a thing as (conscious) existence in the first place.

And that's actually a quite profound thing to think about. After all, experience is primary. We wouldn't have any concept of the physical world if we weren't first and foremost experiencers.

In a sense, you might say "spirit" comes first. The existence of the physical world is an inductive inference derived from the observations of raw experience.

edit on 10-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
The Universe is a constant cycle of destruction and birth, new stars are being born everyday, new galaxies, new planets, as are they getting destroyed, but when they are destroyed, the star explodes sending clouds of life giving gasses across the Universe, Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, so even when our sun does explode and destroys our solar system, new life is born.

The Universe is in a perfect state of recycling, everything is re-used.

So what happens when we die? What happens to our energy, our physical bodies die but our energy is still there.

Any suggestions? Are we simply reborn into something completely different, somewhere else in the Universe

We don't contain energy. we produce it through chemical reactions in our cells; we burn down sugars, lipids, and proteins by combining them with oxygen, releasing all sorts of useful energy that our cells use for functions. Essentially the body of a living organism is a low-reserve battery in constant need of recharging.

When we die, these chemical reactions continue until the oxygen supply in our cells runs out - which, with no respiration or circulation, will happen within less than a minute. When the chemical reactions cease, energy production ceases. Any latent energy simply becomes heat, and that will be retained by the body's mass for about two hours, maybe more depending on the size of the body.

When our cells die - starved of oxygen and brewing in their own wastes due to lack of circulation - other organisms start taking advantage of our sudden lack of an immune system. The complex flora of bacteria, protists, and fungi that populate every tiny bit of your body start going to work, using your dead cells as a source of carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins for their metabolic processes.

Basically, "our energy" doesn't go anywhere, except for a short period of heat bleedoff. The energy that animates us simply ceases to be produced. The matter that our bodies are composed of us then devoured by other organism to fuel their energy production.

So you've got it sort of right - Even after we die, the energy we used to build our bodies gets released by the metabolic functions of other organisms which are building their bodies. I suppose you could read some spiritual significance into that, in a sort of "circle of life" way.

But if you're imagining an external animating fource of energy - a "soul," if you will, which escapes at the moment of death? Nah. You just stay warm for a while, then start getting mulched.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

And all this stuff is what makes the concept of "infinite" useless, both philosophically and scientifically. Philosophically, it has sort of a "Godwin's Law" vibe to it, where it ends up being a shelter for those folks who can't really work their philosophy - as any pothead will tell you, every thought, no matter how vapid, catches some scent of depth when you tack "infinite" onto it.

Scientifically, it's a mathematical reality, as you pointed out. However, it's just a nonfunctional curio in mathematics - you can't actually USE it for anything - and is totally irrelevant to any other variety of science. How does "infinite" impact biology? Geology? Chemistry? Physics? Engineering? It just doesn't.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Yes, I think we don't actually die. It just happens all over again.

Like before you were born, you probably had a long "sleep" until you were born.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Im not quite sure why you are attacking me As I was just having a little fun with a thought experiment.

But since you had to bring it up, i will have to disagree with you.
Being able to understand the concept of infinity is important, even in the scientific community.
Im In school in the computer field, and understanding the concept of infinity is part of this program. Due to the fact that computers are purely logical/mathematical in their structure. We not directly use the idea of infinity as you wish, but we do have to build our machines around the mathematical fact of its existance.

In biology and math we have fractals. Which are patterns that go on forever? And yes i know that nothing physical can be infinite, it is only a mathematical construct. Ive gone over this in quite a few threads.

So i will disagree, a healthy understanding of infinity is good for you!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

It may be. I really don’t know. It could be possible, or they could also be the aborted?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
A moments rest on the wind,
and another woman shall bear me.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I had said the same thing as you but then I found that there are people who do and there is just no explanation for that.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 30thjan1933
reply to post by Haydn_17

Actually you do die.

THERE IS ACTUAL PROOF.

Where is your proof of your titled claim? NO proof no evidence.

You DIE. End of!

Totally Agree, death is death, nothing after it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
The Universe is a constant cycle of destruction and birth, new stars are being born everyday, new galaxies, new planets, as are they getting destroyed, but when they are destroyed, the star explodes sending clouds of life giving gasses across the Universe, Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, so even when our sun does explode and destroys our solar system, new life is born.

The Universe is in a perfect state of recycling, everything is re-used.

So what happens when we die? What happens to our energy, our physical bodies die but our energy is still there.

Any suggestions? Are we simply reborn into something completely different, somewhere else in the Universe

First of all a star and flag...

What you have suggested is 100% accurate... found through my own experiences.

Two programs are involved.

1. An Environmental Program.
2. A Species Program.

These two Programs are interactive with each other.

When we so called die, we don’t actually, but are born again from a cave, which of course involves the female species.
This may be into any of innumerable programs, normally chosen before entering.

So the idea of dieing and nothing else happening, is a myth.

In 1973 I experienced Death. In fact I was declared brain dead for a period of more than 30 minutes, and found what the OP suggested is correct.

Our Real selves is a "Partition" of a Larger existence which in Not of human form but rather is nonmaterial and being non-dimensional, whereas the programs we experience have form or Dimension.

It never ends.

There are innumerable programs that present different Universes as well as other Worlds that are nothing at all like a Universe.

edit on 10-12-2010 by The Matrix Traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I wasn't attacking you, and I'm sorry if I gave you that impression.

I wasn't aware that programming involved the concept of infinite - that's kinda neat!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
People just can't face that they end up as worm food and that's it. What happened to the billions and billions before us? They lived as we live and died, as we will die. So what if you are transformed into everlasting energy? If your consciousness is gone is, you are dead.
The thought of being dissipated into energy particles kinda sucks.
edit on 14-12-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude
It may take a very long time in suspended animation, (like when you sleep), after you die, but as with sleep, the morning seems to come instantaniously; so too will awareness spring forth, and you will open your eyes as if from some lengthy dream.

You're aware now, aren't you? Chances are it'll happen again, in some form or another. And again, and again.
edit on 9-12-2010 by heyJude because: Spelling. :c

This is pretty much my entire outlook on life. Everything is energy in one form or another. It cannot be destroyed or created. Thats one of the basic laws of physics im pretty sure. So the same thing applies to us and our universe. Once all the energy here is swallowed up by black holes itll all be released again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join