It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You never actually die

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The Universe is a constant cycle of destruction and birth, new stars are being born everyday, new galaxies, new planets, as are they getting destroyed, but when they are destroyed, the star explodes sending clouds of life giving gasses across the Universe, Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, so even when our sun does explode and destroys our solar system, new life is born.

The Universe is in a perfect state of recycling, everything is re-used.

So what happens when we die? What happens to our energy, our physical bodies die but our energy is still there.

Any suggestions? Are we simply reborn into something completely different, somewhere else in the Universe

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It may take a very long time in suspended animation, (like when you sleep), after you die, but as with sleep, the morning seems to come instantaniously; so too will awareness spring forth, and you will open your eyes as if from some lengthy dream.

You're aware now, aren't you? Chances are it'll happen again, in some form or another. And again, and again.
edit on 9-12-2010 by heyJude because: Spelling. :c

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think HeyJude nailed it on the head. You will no longer have a sense of time when your body "dies". Just like when you sleep, time is non existent. Time is a man made construct and it really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. When all is infinite, time is nothing but a number. So you'll die, our galaxy/universe etc could be destroyed and rebuilt a million times and you'll have no idea. At one point your particles/energy/conscious will be reconstructed perfectly together again and that is pretty much guaranteed based on physics/mathematics and our current understanding of how things work. If the cycle is infinite, based on odds.. You could potentially live as a human an infinite amount of times, be who you are now an infinite amount of times and live every outcome of every tiny detail of your life. You could be a dog/cat/another human.. whatever your "energy" or particles are reconstructed as. You'll have no idea how long you are suspended in "eternity" or "death" because all sense of time will be lost when the curtains close and until they re-open.. Just an idea/theory I suppose.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

It is very simple, we decompose just like everything else. Our personality dies among this body. The various creeds are responsible for the illusion that our life continues after physical death. No it doesn't. It is a comfortable illusion, but thats all it is.

-v

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
You have always been, you will always be.

The physical world and the time construct is simply something you are passing through. Don't take it all too seriously. In the big scheme of things it's just an illusion.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I don't believe there is anything for us after this present life is over. If there IS - I don't think we would remotely be aware of it in our next life. I don't think it qualifies as "eternal life" if there is merely a transfer of consciousness and no memories at all. It would be more like an endless cycle of individual lives.
As of right now, I think it would be impossible to present any hardcore factual evidence to support the theory(ies) of past lives
As a species, I also think it would benefit us more to focus on the current life we have at hand than the one we may or may not have after death. The logic behind this is that if you are playing a game on level 1, you have to focus on that level and not the next one yet. If I did have a past life, I must have been a complete and utter moron because I learned absolutely nothing. The fact that I'm still a moron means nothing - they are everywhere.
We may find out, after we die that none of us had anything right about life after death. We WILL find out one day. We will either know....or we won't know anything at all. The only obstacle between us and the truth is life, and I don't think even the most curious of us are willing to jump that fence to find out what's on the other side.
edit on 9-12-2010 by sykickvision because: lack of coffee caused lack of words

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You cannot create nor destory matter/energy. so there is energy in our bodies running through you not alot but some, and you could consider it the soul, and there have been tests done where someone close to death offered themselves to an experiment, and when they were about to die they were placed in a vaccum device and it could be weighed, and they found that a person looses some weight after death??? so that could well be that energy release.

Also were probably part of one consious being, a god in all of us, and so we are just spiritual beings having a physical experiance.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have to correct myself for I said:

Originally posted by v01i0

It is very simple, we decompose just like everything else. Our personality dies among this body. The various creeds are responsible for the illusion that our life continues after physical death. No it doesn't. It is a comfortable illusion, but thats all it is.

-v

The life doesn't end when we die. Only our personality is rendered non-existent. The material and energy that was once us, continues it's revolving. It just appears on different forms on different times, now it happens to be me, and through this conscious being that I am, I have developed a personality.

That's my well based guess

Besides, I think that this thread ought to be on philosophy&metaphysics. Anyway, good and thought provoking thread for ones that have time to reflect...

-v
edit on 9-12-2010 by v01i0 because: 2345

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yeah great thread. Hopefully we can get some more people in here to discuss.. It's unfortunate that really philosophical threads like this one really don't pop up often anymore.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I love when these types of threads pop-up.

I see people throwing around the word infinite quite a bit.
The idea of infinite is very interesting, when we try to break it down and create metaphors for describing it.

Some cool things to think about if the idea infinity is true-
You can put an infinite number of infinite sets into infinity
There is an infinite number of infinite things

0->inf = infinite

-(neg)inf

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

as for my idea on death in living, I would agree that the spirit continues on.

Ive had a couple different theories about life.

What if when we die, we just wake up in our bed thinking it was just a dream?

I also like the idea of a quantum reality or metaverse.

Basically, each choice we make branches off into a new universe based on that choice. The universe you go into will be just like the one you left, with one slight new variation- the results of the choice you made.
So from second to second, we do not really notice a perceptible change. However, as we all know, those changes add up over time. When you think about all of the choices you have made up to this point, you will realize how many ways your life could be different.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
How about the light at the end of the tunnel that a large amount of NDE report is actually the light from the birthing room as you come out of the vaginal canal. You feel the great feeling of love because your then held by your new mom!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
How about the light at the end of the tunnel that a large amount of NDE report is actually the light from the birthing room as you come out of the vaginal canal. You feel the great feeling of love because your then held by your new mom!

So your saying people who experience NDE and of course they come back or it wouldnt be a NDE, are stillborns in another life?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Awwww my first double post, how cheeky. Please delete
edit on 10-12-2010 by Eavel because: double post

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
we are the living dead, recycled from everywhere and beyond galaxies and dimension until we return to the source

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Actually you do die.

THERE IS ACTUAL PROOF.

Where is your proof of your titled claim? NO proof no evidence.

You DIE. End of!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 30thjan1933

You do die, your body does at least. What happens with your soul is kind of the mystery because let's face it, how many people are truly and GENUINELY happy with their body?

My idea of the whole thing, the body dies but the soul survives and moves on... which is a logical concept when you think about it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
This reply is assuming we're referring to the "soul" (this preface is directed at the snarky 30thjan1933).

The life after death question is one of those questions that everybody has a cute answer for but nobody has any evidence for their answers. It sort of leads you to the opinion that you just can't know the answer, and will only (and even then only possibly) find out when you die.

But there is a valid reason to speculate that you will be alive again. That reason is simple: you are alive now.

At one point you were nonexistent. Now you are whatever it is that you are. At another point in time you will be nonexistent again.

This sounds a bit like "full circle", eh? You were once nonexistent, and are now existent. You will be nonexistent again. Since apparently under the conditions of not existing and having an infinite amount of time to come into existence, you come into existence, it stands to reason that there is no reason to believe you won't come into existence again, in some form or another, after you die.

In a sense this is an inductive argument for life after death. And one that involves in itself nothing at all related to spirituality.

Spiritual questions of course are bound to come up, particularly questions involving "why?" These can very easily lead into speculations about connections between different lives, etc.

It's your job to find out that answer. We can't help because we don't know. We're all searching for answers to the same questions.

edit on 10-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Exactly, we are all lucky enough to get the chance to experience it. Whether you do experience it and move on, or experience nothing and lights are out!

Hurray for everybody, your all door number 1 prize winners!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join