It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Falling Fireballs filmed over Santa Monica

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
They are airing my footage on CH4 news at 11pm in Los Angeles. Let's see if we get some answers

Here is the original video again...

SILVER SURFER UFO

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
They just said on the news... what was in the sky over Santa Monica, "we will find out"... maybe they know what it was? Can't wait to find out! I will post after the news plays it's bit.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Wow... Bill Nye "the science guy" just said on CH4 that I could have put brine shrimp on my video... hahahahahha!!!!! If you believe that... I have a pyramid to sell you.

They did a pretty good job in the report... but ignored that there are MULTIPLE angles on video all corresponding to timeline and location. We need a better report.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Timetraveller because: double post

link   
double post
edit on 10-12-2010 by Timetraveller because: double post

link   
reply to post by The Astro Man

Now this is strange, today I was reading the "Milkyway galaxy thread" by zorogon. I followed a link to an image of Milkyway on NASA website. For some reason I clicked on the next image link on that page. You wouldnt believe it, It was a fireball. Please see the image below. It is from 2003 in UK.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timetraveller

Now this is strange, today I was reading the "Milkyway galaxy thread" by zorogon. I followed a link to an image of Milkyway on NASA website. For some reason I clicked on the next image link on that page. You wouldnt believe it, It was a fireball. Please see the image below. It is from 2003 in UK.

Thanks for the post Timetraveller... but what I recorded was very different. It was moving in a back and forth or spiral pattern. CH4 news just did a report... and Bill Nye "the science guy" said I could have put Brine Shrimp on my video... that is seriously funny!!!!! Can you imagine. That is worse than swamp gas.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I just saw this on the local news. I saw Bill Nye and instantly knew this was a real ufo case. No doubt if TPTB sends Bill Nye out to debunk it...it has to be the real deal. Did anyone hear his explanation? What a moron, something about reflection of brine shrimp? That guy has to be smoking some good gov grade stuff...O he also says "everyone loves meteors" so whats that mean that that usually is the best debunk scenario. Sounded like a Freudian slip of the tounge to me by that geeky looking idiot.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 51Reasons
I just saw this on the local news. I saw Bill Nye and instantly knew this was a real ufo case. No doubt if TPTB sends Bill Nye out to debunk it...it has to be the real deal. Did anyone hear his explanation? What a moron, something about reflection of brine shrimp? That guy has to be smoking some good gov grade stuff...O he also says "everyone loves meteors" so whats that mean that that usually is the best debunk scenario. Sounded like a Freudian slip of the tounge to me by that geeky looking idiot.

Yes... it was pretty crazy. I have so many witness who have footage talking now... we are all sharing footage etc. I will post an update next.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
UPDATE: Strange Falling Fireballs over Santa Monica

There are EVEN MORE multiple angles of footage on both December 1st and December 8th of STRANGE FALLING FIREBALLS over Santa Monica.

EVENT ONE - December 1st, 2010 5:09pm

Here is my original video that just aired on CH4 NEWS in Los Angeles...

See another video from a different angle on December 1st here...

EVENT TWO - December 2nd, 2010 5:25pm

Here is a video from December 8th...

See another video from a different angle on December 8th here...

Another video from a different angle on December 8th...

Another video from a different angle on December 8th...

And here is the CH4 news report where they interviewed Bill Bye "the science guy" on my video...

BRINE SHRIMP?!?! Is that the best Bill has?

edit on 10-12-2010 by The Astro Man because: To embed the actual YouTube videos instead of just links.

edit on 10-12-2010 by The Astro Man because: Adding the last video.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Sea Monkeys? Shot at the right angle and then superimposed on footage of the sky? Is this guy for real? That has got to be the dumbest debunk I have EVER heard. They really are getting desperate now. Who is this muppet anyway? What are his 'credentials' (apart from being totally insane)?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply.

I've just been trying to work out a few rough calculations and angles of the two December 1st sightings, I'm only working off rough locations here and am assuming by the videos that yours was virtually above the setting sun, which on that day was 30° south of West.

A seen here:

The second video, taken from the pier would appear to be facing further north slightly, you can see the setting sun is to the left of the object.

So we get something like this:

The angle between your sighting and that from Venice pier is roughly 40° give or take a few degrees.

Now, regardless if I am off by a block or two, the angle between your position and the second video should be enough to demonstrate different characteristics of movement of the object.

I'm not seeing much difference between the two, let me demonstrate.

Here is a combined screen shot of both videos showing the object moving to the left magnified 200%:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/627ef5a99e59.png[/atsimg]

Now the same again but with the object moving to the right:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc8c61618cf7.png[/atsimg]

Unless this object is a lot further away than it appears, it would seem there may be some sort of shenanigans going on here as I would have expected more differentiation between the two viewing points.

just my thoughts on it and like I said, just rough calculations.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I don't know if this video below adds to the debate, it may, it may not but I thought i'd add it in anyway. Parachutists with flares

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Here is the OpenMinds.tv story that KNBC was referring to: www....(nolink)/silver-surfer-fireball-ufo-wave-563/

San Antonio Spurs star Manu Ginobili Might have seen it too: www.tmz.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
TMZ has an NBA player seeing the same thing. TMZ captures it as well. Dec 1st too.

www.tmz.com...

I *THINK* it was the X-37B. Dunno why there were 2 though--maybe a chase plane?
Most media are reporting that the X-37B landed on Dec 3rd though.... hmmm

But, the Airforce could be lying.. why not, it was a classified mission.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Astro Man

Hi C.H.U.D. Thank you for your post. I can assure you... whatever they were... they were not typical plane contrails. If they were planes (which I don't believe) they would have crashed. These things were turning heads on the streets, LA Times has gotten calls, SMPD, and I even did an interview with the Santa Monica Daily News this morning. Whatever they were, they were coming down and fast. Totally crazy my friend. Wish everybody could have seen them first hand. I am totally baffled. Will keep you posted with updates.

Hi Astro Man,

I do agree, they are not "typical" trails, but in my experience (and I have been an almost obsessive observer of the sky, both daytime and night, for the last 12 years) even well known phenomena can look odd or unusual when observed under unfamiliar conditions. There are multiple threads active on ATS at the moment, were people have posted footage of aircraft/contrails, and are convinced that they are not aircraft/contrails, but something else (usually either comets or "fireballs"). Just because something looks unusual, does not mean it is necessarily, but it is a surprisingly easy mistake to make.

Now I don't disbelieve you or your account, but when it comes to people saying they saw something that was not possible in their experience, I know all too well that:

1. Most people don't have the experience needed to be competent when it comes to working out what is really going on in certain situations.

2. It's extremely easy to misjudge when it comes to objects in the sky, especially when they are a long way away. This is because our brains are geared to seeing things on the ground and close by. In other situations, the brain actually makes assumptions which are often wrong. This is easily demonstrated by the ease with which our brains are fooled by optical illusions.

What makes me think that this is the case with your experience is that you said " If they were planes (which I don't believe) they would have crashed.". This is typical of someone who does not understand (or take into account) that an object that is far off, and seen to be seemingly at low altitude, may not be due to the curvature of Earth's surface. This is a very well documented mistake that people often make. Sometimes even "experts" fall into traps like these. See my following reply below for one classic example.

Originally posted by Timetraveller

I'm fairly sure that I showed Zorgon in the past that this image was found not to be a fireball, and if not then I have certainly gone through this before somewhere else here on ATS.

This photo although it looked like the smoke-trail that a large meteor might leave, was actually more than likely a photograph of another sun-lit contrail from an aircraft - a classic example of something that looks like something that it is not. The fact is that no one saw a meteor, it was just assumed that it was the aftermath of one because it looked very similar. After a lot of controversy and debate, NASA finally accepted that this was not a photograph of a smoke-trail left by a meteor.

So this schoolboy's report certainly did get the attention it
deserved, even though in the end it was not what it initially was
thought to be. In this essay, I make a reconstruction of the events
surrounding these pictures and the publicity they got, and conclude
with what we can learn from this occasion, even though it wasn't a
fireball after all.

Source: click here

Hopefully this is the last time this photo is misrepresented on here, but I doubt it...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
Sea Monkeys? Shot at the right angle and then superimposed on footage of the sky? Is this guy for real? That has got to be the dumbest debunk I have EVER heard. They really are getting desperate now. Who is this muppet anyway? What are his 'credentials' (apart from being totally insane)?

Thanks for your post Thunda. Another videoographer has come forward with footage from the 8th. Here is his video...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Thanks for the reply.

I've just been trying to work out a few rough calculations and angles of the two December 1st sightings, I'm only working off rough locations here and am assuming by the videos that yours was virtually above the setting sun, which on that day was 30° south of West.

Hi Chadwickus and thank you so much for your analysis. I love the way you broke down the angles... and maybe you could do this for both the Dec 1st sighting and the December 8th sighing... I have 2 vids for the 1st and 5 for the 8th now. Plenty to work with.

I really think your method of analysis could help describe the situation. So many people saw these things.

I am unclear on what you meant by "there may be some shenanigans going on here" though. Did something in your analysis put into question the authenticity of any of the footage? I can assure you... I personally shot the SILVER SURFER UFO video... and whatever I captured was really there. Regardless what Bill Nye might think

Anyway... thank you for your help in this mystery... and please let me know your thoughts.
edit on 10-12-2010 by The Astro Man because: reduced quote to save space

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
I don't know if this video below adds to the debate, it may, it may not but I thought i'd add it in anyway. Parachutists with flares

www.youtube.com...

Thank you for your video EnigmaAgent. That could definitely be it... but I have no idea or proof. Lots of people in Santa Monica want to know!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Originally posted by The Astro Man

Hi C.H.U.D. Thank you for your post. I can assure you... whatever they were... they were not typical plane contrails. If they were planes (which I don't believe) they would have crashed. These things were turning heads on the streets, LA Times has gotten calls, SMPD, and I even did an interview with the Santa Monica Daily News this morning. Whatever they were, they were coming down and fast. Totally crazy my friend. Wish everybody could have seen them first hand. I am totally baffled. Will keep you posted with updates.

Hi Astro Man,

I do agree, they are not "typical" trails, but in my experience (and I have been an almost obsessive observer of the sky, both daytime and night, for the last 12 years) even well known phenomena can look odd or unusual when observed under unfamiliar conditions. There are multiple threads active on ATS at the moment, were people have posted footage of aircraft/contrails, and are convinced that they are not aircraft/contrails, but something else (usually either comets or "fireballs"). Just because something looks unusual, does not mean it is necessarily, but it is a surprisingly easy mistake to make.

Now I don't disbelieve you or your account, but when it comes to people saying they saw something that was not possible in their experience, I know all too well that:

1. Most people don't have the experience needed to be competent when it comes to working out what is really going on in certain situations.

2. It's extremely easy to misjudge when it comes to objects in the sky, especially when they are a long way away. This is because our brains are geared to seeing things on the ground and close by. In other situations, the brain actually makes assumptions which are often wrong. This is easily demonstrated by the ease with which our brains are fooled by optical illusions.

What makes me think that this is the case with your experience is that you said " If they were planes (which I don't believe) they would have crashed.". This is typical of someone who does not understand (or take into account) that an object that is far off, and seen to be seemingly at low altitude, may not be due to the curvature of Earth's surface. This is a very well documented mistake that people often make. Sometimes even "experts" fall into traps like these. See my following reply below for one classic example.

Hi C.H.U.D. and thank you for your thoughts. I value your standpoint and completely agree with you from a general standpoint. Although I feel that I too a good amount of experience observing the sky, I don't claim to know what the objects were. I do however hold the opinion that these were NOT typical planes or contrails. They just didn't look or act anything like the typical traffic in the sky... even for objects at sunset at a distance.

I feel that rather than question my personal ability to judge the distance and type of object... because I agree that opinion from one person is not conclusive, and really I have no idea what these things were... we should study the videos from the many witnesses. And the videos keep coming in! Which is pretty cool.

One poster has stated they might be skydivers with magnesium flares... I would accept that. I just need proof. I am totally open to whatever ideas are put forward... I am just looking for conclusive evidence.

Anyway... thank you C.H.U.D. for your thoughts and your post. I think there is enough evidence that I have put forward to get people analyzing the situation and not have to be concerned with my personal opinion. But for the record, investigator to investigator, in my opinion what I saw were NOT typical aircraft. Could have been anything though my friend, and I truly appreciate your thoughts and demeanor on this subject

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join