It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Falling Fireballs filmed over Santa Monica

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Hey Trueman,

Cool video and thanks for sharing. The object I (and many others) filmed had very different movements. I kind of spiraling, and back and forth movement. It seemed to turn twice in my video and other witnesses. The Santa Monica Daily Press did an interview with me this morning... and I am excited that so many people saw these things and that I have gotten films from so many. I will post an update soon.

Thanks again for your comments Trueman.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by s7ryk3r
reply to post by Trueman

I can see where you would think this but I think the two are actually different anomalies. My reason is that the ones in this post appear to completely stop for a moment then continue in the different direction. Jets obviously are not capable of such things.

I agree. It was changing directing... either because it was falling in a circular pattern and appeared to go side to side... or it really was changing directions. There are so many videos out there now of it... and people contacting me like crazy... so we should be able to determine this. Thanks for your comment again!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by The Astro Man

Interesting videos.

Are you able to provide approximate locations of both December 1st sightings?

They were all from the Santa Monica area. My video was taken at 15th and Washington (just below Montana Ave.) The other videos were from close to the Santa Monica pier, in Venice... and the reporter that called today said his first report came from close to where the 405 and 10 FWY's connect. It was seen by MANY! I will add more videos as people contact me.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by s7ryk3r

Well, hard to say if the object stops or if it could be an optical effect and it is just going straight for the camera point of view at certain moment.

Anyway, I can't debunk or confirm and I do think It is a very interesting video.

One last thing. We all know there are a huge amount of gov. secret projects. Many times, we say "can't be a plane because planes don't stop or do radical moves". Think about it, isn't could be something they want us to believe?....of course, I'm not talking about comercial airplanes. Frecuently "they" denie the existence of devices, weapons and vehicles that years later they end confirming they had them for a while.

Good point. I am not sure what I recorded. It really did seem to be falling and have some sort of light coming off it. Maybe if you look at all the videos from different perspectives, you will be able to determine if the objects are "spinning" or moving side to side.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6

Those are very interesting objects but i have no idea what they are.

before skeptics come in and say they're balloons
planes and helicopters dont move that fast or make maneuvers like it did and they're definitely not birds...im trying to think what skeptics would say it is lol
Objects fall straight down as well so they're NOT meteors.
Its a UFO of some kind for sure

Thanks for the comment. And I would have to say... all the witnesses coming forward are in agreement that these things were BIG & BRIGHT. That they were moving really oddly. Not conventional... I would believe debris entering our atmosphere before I would a helicopter or something. By the way... if you look close in the video when I zoomed in for analyzation you can see a blinking light of probably a conventional vehicle between the two objects.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ
That's so weird. I heard this mentioned on the news this morning but didn't get to catch the story. Seems like lots of people saw these things. I'll be following this thread for sure. Could it be some type of military aircraft? Maybe remote controlled or something? They turned so fast, it looked like they were swimming through the sky.

On the news! Which station? I sent out notices to EVERYBODY that I could

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
I'm confused. None of these videos are of the same thing. All were taken on different days and/or at different times of the day or night. Most of them appear to be airplanes. Why do you seem to think they are all the same thing?

Hi DJW001 and thank you for your comment. There were two separate events. I provided 4 links (2 for each event). Notice how the first two links are from a similar time. My video (the first link) was shot at bout 5:09pm... while the 2nd video says in the title around 6pm. I am trying to find out if the uploader has mettadata that will help specify. The 2nd event on December 8th was darker sky because it happened around 5:24pm from what unloaders have told me. I now how three videos of the December 8th event. I will post the third link in an update post.

4 videos (and another coming)... two separate events that were similar.

Make sense?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
At first, I thought it could be those GLONAS-M satellites that fell into the Pacific?? But then I had read they fell near Hawaii, I believe...I will provide the link for you to check out....I don't think that's what you have caught on video though...Very Interesting...

www.newsbcm.com...

Yeah... interesting link... but I don't think the timeline or location matches. This is getting crazier as more people send me experiences via my youtube www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgil
The first video from the 1st of December is a bit strange, quick direction changes almost certainly rule out commercial airliners. Perhaps a small, recreation light aircraft such as a 2 seater cessna trainer? No idea really.

However, the one from the 8th could very well be the onset of the Geminids:

Annual Geminid meteor shower

Thanks for you post Morgil. I shot the first video... and whatever it was... it was coming down... and fast! I am just as curious as you.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

The first video from the 1st of December is a bit strange, quick direction changes almost certainly rule out commercial airliners. Perhaps a small, recreation light aircraft such as a 2 seater cessna trainer? No idea really.

They are aircraft/contrails. I see these all the time. In fact, I saw some very similar to this just yesterday.

However, the one from the 8th could very well be the onset of the Geminids:
Annual Geminid meteor shower

No. They are nothing like Geminids. Way too slow to be Geminids, and anyone who has observed Geminids before will tell you that they look nothing like Geminid meteors!. More likely that the footage is of an ISS pass.

Hi C.H.U.D. Thank you for your post. I can assure you... whatever they were... they were not typical plane contrails. If they were planes (which I don't believe) they would have crashed. These things were turning heads on the streets, LA Times has gotten calls, SMPD, and I even did an interview with the Santa Monica Daily News this morning. Whatever they were, they were coming down and fast. Totally crazy my friend. Wish everybody could have seen them first hand. I am totally baffled. Will keep you posted with updates.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
Last week a fireball fell out of the sky in Ireland.

It was a meteor.

Scientists in America have offered the people of Ireland $500 per gram of that meteor.

The meteor fell over County Galway and apparently is quite huge for its type, it was said it scattered over the entire county. It was on the radio, I never heard it but my brother phoned me up and told me about it.

Thanks for the post the_denv. That is very interesting. Really not sure what these things are. The news stations might cary some of the news because so many people have seen the things.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter

Very interesting and cool video - thanks for posting it.

My favorite part about it is that there is NO WAY that someone can claim this is nothing more than yet another contrail...

Keep your eyes peeled and your camera ready and definitely please post any other anomalous events you're lucky enough to witness. I'd love to see them....

Thanks for you post Riffrafter. I totally agree

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
GOOD thread of something that looks

NOT normal at all. (1st video)

Chance of perspective illusion is low i guess.

S&F and eager to follow some upcoming analysis.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Looks to me to be a evening jump of the Red Bull Skydivers / airforce. A flurry of UFO speculation arose last time these guys did a jump near New York I believe?

www.youtube.com...

Also, the red bull skydiving / airforce team is doing a performance at Mammoth Moutain, CA next week... maybe this is some training or something?

www.mammothmountain.com...

Edit: Fixed my links. =P
edit on 9-12-2010 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderboy2402
Looks to me to be a evening jump of the Red Bull Skydivers / airforce. A flurry of UFO speculation arose last time these guys did a jump near New York I believe?

www.youtube.com...
and
www.youtube.com...

Also, the red bull skydiving / airforce team is doing a performance at Mammoth Moutain, CA next week... maybe this is some training or something?

www.mammothmountain.com...

Hi wonderboy2402. You stated this on my YouTube channel and I asked you for more info. Thank you for commenting here in ATS. I would totally believe it, but we just need some proof. What I and others filmed on the 1st, and what everybody saw and filmed on the 8th looked amazing. Let's dig a bit. I like the hypothesis... but please check this out on behalf of you theory. I for one would love to know. The Santa Monica Daliy Press is doing a piece on the fireballs this weekend. Will keep you posted.

Let me know if you can find some proof wonderboy2402. I am excited to figure this out.

For everybody who wants to see... here is another link to the primary video SILVER SURFER UFO VIDEO

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Agreed big time

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
No problem, my initial comment came off snarky on your Youtube page. I didn't intend it to be so.

That is the best info I could dig up though. I know they jump in pairs or trios... They also do wingsuit stuff too (though not sure such extreme turns, as in not a chute deployed visible in your vid)

I'm all the way over here on the east coast, cool vid bro!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Cool video.

I saw a very similar fireball some years back one night over Malibu not too far north of Santa Monica.

The fireball I saw appeared to go down over the ocean. The next day in the same spot there were at least 4-5 Navy ships with helicopters that appeared to be searching for something. The ships stayed in that spot for about three days. I talked to some people I know in the Navy and they told me it sounded like a recovery operation which are apparently not that uncommon. Either a satellite or perhaps a missile. The missile makes sense to me since Vandenburg AFB is north of Santa Monica in the Santa Barbara area and does conduct missile and space launch tests.

I'm going with the missile test explanation.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Facefirst because: grammar.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I saw the other thread you linked to...thanks for the info.

The problem I have with Phage's explanation pertaining to these is that most of these videos were taken at night...so it would be impossible for sunlight to simply reflect off of a contrail in that case to make this effect.

Second, the flight characteristics in no way resemble those of any conventional aircraft. I'm not saying what it is or isn't, but I'd be more inclined to accept the explanation of it being some sort of rocket rather than an aircraft.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderboy2402
No problem, my initial comment came off snarky on your Youtube page. I didn't intend it to be so.

That is the best info I could dig up though. I know they jump in pairs or trios... They also do wingsuit stuff too (though not sure such extreme turns, as in not a chute deployed visible in your vid)

I'm all the way over here on the east coast, cool vid bro!

I appreciate the help in figuring out what this is my friend
Thank you for your interest. By the way... I just saw that they are airing my video on CH4 news tonight at 11pm in LA. Excited to see if we can figure this one out!

Again... thank you for helping to figure this out. It really could be anything... you could be right... but I have no idea. It was damn impressive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join