It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester evacuated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hello i did a search and cudent find anything.
As no information was shown on the news i dident know where to put this.
Manchester city centre as far as i know was evacuated , 2 suspicous packages where found in the arndale centre and police evacuated people and sent personal in .

Anyone know anymore thanks.......

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Havent heard anything about this.. When was it? The BBC certainly arent reporting anything.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Google news has a link:

Manchester Evening News
BOMB disposal experts have carried out a controlled explosion on a suspect package in Manchester Arndale Centre.

The Arndale and Market Street were evacuated after police were alerted about the package at 3.30pm on Saturday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 3-7-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I know i cant find anything either, it was at about 5.08 pm gmt that i heard the announcement on the radio.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Thanks spectre , guess i daint look hard enough.

There was pandomonion apparently people coming out there offices not having a clue what to do. My farther usually in manchester so i was worried at first.

If it had gone of it would of been terrible weve already had a major bombing, itll be intresting to find out who did this.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
yeah it was on our regional news, but i haven't heard anything more about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i live near manchester and it was a false alarm the arne dale was evactuated or something no big deal really case closed

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
As Above case closed
www.manchesteronline.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
MAnchester evacuated!!???

BIt of an over exaggeration there.

There are bomb threats up and down the country day in day out. There has been for many, many years before this al quiada #. Anyone remember the IRA?

It was nothing anyway, as it normally is 99% of the time.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Normally some poor soul leaves their shopping down for five minutes and the security services blow up a bunch of bananas and cuddly toy! Sign of the "terrified age".

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
Normally some poor soul leaves their shopping down for five minutes and the security services blow up a bunch of bananas and cuddly toy! Sign of the "terrified age".

really hate it when that happens

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a friend of mine who is in the forces told me that there are a lot more security alerts than people let on, and that generally they try to keep such things out of the media. Of course, it probably was just the security forces overreacting, but im sure there are much more instances that we arent told about. Im actually surprised London hasn't been hit yet tbh

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Sorry if people misinterpretted it lol, i was looking for information, all i heard on the radio was parts of mancheter where evacuated and wanted to know more thanks everyone.

top topics

join