It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Milky Way - Welcome to your New Home Galaxy!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

'___' TrYp?

Naturally, Sup*A*natural.....

edit on 49pm34062612631201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
This theory was debunked many years ago.

Discover: Bad Astronomy

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I was reminded of that thorough debunking of this theory.

This quote from the debunking article article is quite clear:

We’re not. Studies of the Sun’s motion relative to the plane of the Milky Way (using the stars, globular clusters, other galaxies, and many other sources) make it a rock-solid certainty that the Sun’s orbit is in fact in the plane of the Milky Way. It’s not plunging through the disk at a high angle at all. So right away we see that the claim that the Sun is alien to the Milky Way is complete rubbish.

It is a bit sad that so many people switch off their critical faculties when presented by a lot of text and some pretty pictures.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

No, Liberty Caps.

I bet this post gets blocked, sorry mods. Couldn't help but share my experience.

I have had what you mentioned too btw.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Crayfish

We’re not. Studies of the Sun’s motion relative to the plane of the Milky Way (using the stars, globular clusters, other galaxies, and many other sources) make it a rock-solid certainty that the Sun’s orbit is in fact in the plane of the Milky Way. It’s not plunging through the disk at a high angle at all. So right away we see that the claim that the Sun is alien to the Milky Way is complete rubbish.

The term 'rubbish' doesn't sound very scientific to me.

No disrespect but how valid is this debunking?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
what, we've been traded.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

U Shroomer l0l
Well Good for U.

Keeping it 'Natural'.
CreatOr's cAndyland.
Sure beats 'folkland'.

"Moderation in all things".

no?
edit on 49pm48063512631201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Try this one, but go about a minute in for SB and the PHs.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Oh yes, "The Dude" would certainly approve.
There Is a Stranger among us.....asAfUngus.
A Neighbor of sorts, therefor it's always a good to be kind to your Neighbor.
Stranger no more.....

If one pulls their neighbor's weeds, s/he just may wAter your Garden.
edit on 49pm36070012731201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If my assumption of what you are saying is correct, then yes, I feel this planet is a candy land. Only those with eyes to see and feelings to feel will realise this. The rest will abuse it and rape it for every profit they can squeeze from it.

Those of us who appreciate the land we are blessed with see the potential for a stable balanced life, where science can be in harmony with Mother Nature or God(whichever floats your boat). The real divine truth is that we are meant to be the keepers of this planet and do our bit for the Galaxy.

If this theory is true, that we were sucked in from Saggitarius, then we have been recruited. We are galactic gaurdians of the Milky Way.]

What the hell am I rattling on about? Sorry guys, was just thinking out loud.

Did I mention the natural order? I don't even know what that means but it resonates with me

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Looking fOward, not for words.
The 'only' Order is the Natural One for it is Of the Creator; no?
Things are looking Up.

Later folks.

edit on 49pm31065812631201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Oh, yes, moderation in all things. Definitely.

I missed that bit, lol. That is the best way.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I have said this many times before and I will say it again. You my friend never cease to impress with your threads and research.

I am looking forward to see your next thread. Keep them coming..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Your post has confused me.

What do you mean?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The Milky Way - Welcome to your New Home Galaxy!

Anyone?
edit on 9-12-2010 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

Ouroboros, as the Greeks called the snake that eats its tail, has from ancient times been a symbol of cosmic unity and self-sufficiency.

edit on 9-12-2010 by jessejamesxx because: added quote

One more add-on. I find this fascinating.

While the hoop snake is an imaginary creature, the snake with its tail in its mouth is a symbol in many, many cultures. With origins in ancient Egypt, the ouroboros, as it is called, figures in Greek, Norse, Aztec, Hindu, Chinese, Native American, and Christian mythology. It appears in the symbology of alchemy and the zodiac. By completing the circle it represents the cycle of things, eternal renewal, wholeness.

"The Ouroboros encircles the Universe; everything known and unknown is encompassed in its embracing coils, supporting and maintaining the earthly balance. It injects life into death and death into budding life. Its form suggests immobility with its locked jaws upon itself, yet at the same time it pushes the insistent message of perpetual movement through its twined coils." No wonder we could never catch it as kids!
quigleyscabinet.blogspot.com...

It has been in many many many different cultures. Maybe we knew what this symbol once meant, but the real meaning slipped away and left us with a shedded skin of it's original meaning.

Possible Ancient Astronaut connection?
edit on 9-12-2010 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I agree, I really enjoyed reading this post. I have seen people claim it has been debunked but I am not sure yet.

Excellent research, well done. Star and Flag need I say!?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

WTF is the secong image?

eta: OK I see you updated the post. I ca definitely see the similarity.

Makes you think

edit on 9-12-2010 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

ZorgAn Is what he always Was.
Lost but Found.
Great job Z, as usual.
edit on 49pm31065212631201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I have not been at ATS long, but I have always enjoyed AND learnt from your posts, this is no exception.
And another thing...you are what many others need to aspire to, polite and gentle ( well from what Ive seen at least!) with your replies.
So more of everything please!!

S&F

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Very cool indeed. It's almost like reading science fiction but only better because it's science fact.

So let me get this straight, first we were part of the Sagittarius galaxy, now we are being merged into the Milky Way galaxy. Then in a few billion years the larger Andromeda galaxy will swallow us up and we will be part of the Andromeda galaxy. Whew, with all this back and forth pulling and tugging, I think I'm getting space sick.

Couple of points, colliding galaxies often result in a burst of star formation as gas clouds come together, is it possible our sun was formed after the collision? Secondly, almost every galaxy has a black hole in the center, and ours will be getting bigger and bigger as galactic black holes merge. What does this mean, not much to us, but maybe our descendants can use this staggering energy source.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Dude Thats Sick. Great Peice, I Half Ass Believe That Ya Know It Makes Sense. I Know The Galaxy Is Fluctuating Randomly, imagine all the other # thats going on i got told every minute of the day a star will go out, imagine if our star ( sun ) just went out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join