It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Letterman More Effective Against Terrorism Than American Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

David Letterman More Effective Against Terrorism Than American Propaganda

www.huffingtonpost.com

David Letterman and "Desperate Housewives" do more to reduce terrorism than American government propaganda, according to informants whose views were relayed in leaked State Department cables.

The cable, titled "David Letterman, Agent of Influence," was among the latest batch of WikiLeaks documents released by the Guardian.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.jpost.com
latimesdaily.com] LA Times
edit on 12/9/2010 by BrokenCar because: fix link

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This is great. Goes to show you if we could give the people of the Middle East a better idea of what America is all about maybe they wouldn't hate us so much. It is always preached in Mosques how bad America is or how bad capitalism is. But now they get a chance to watch Letterman and how he makes fun of his own Government. Desperate Housewives on the other hand isn't exactly accurate of life, well not in my neighborhood. But it does show them that we have other things to do then be evil to the rest of the world. Maybe we could get them to air some South Park?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
So, talented agents of free speech, expressing freedom, will win over the populations oppressed by tyranny.

News at 11.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
But then you get people like tom cruise who are total stains and they undo all the hard work done by letterman.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
leave tom cruise out of it... christianity is just as bizzare as scientology truth be told... he fell in love and jumped on a couch... who cares? he was a great actor...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Tom Cruise...a total spongebob skidmark upon the profession of acting..... Without Australian Nicole Kidman, he never would have made it as anything, let alone an actor!.

He represents pretty much eveything the rest of the world abhore in the quintessential ugly american, arrogant sanctimonious butthole that he is. Top Gun my fat azz - top buttwipe maybe!

Michael J Fox was probably the best actor / international ambassadore, that America ever had, John Travolta does his best.... but Tom Cruise..?... Oh Puh-leeze!

If Tom Cruise was on fire - most non Americans, wouldn't rear up and urinate on him, to put the flames out!

Dave Letterman?...Yeah - even I get a chuckle outta Letterman from time to time

If you want international ambassadore actors to "sell American to the world" - Biff Henderson and the Horn section of Paul Schafers band, are probably the best options you have!.

Sorry Alan Coulter doesn't cut the mustard - he's just scary mad, and only serves to remind the world, of the REAL Gee Dubya, and how uncertain any kind of future for the world existed, while his hands hovered over the big red button.

The trouble with Americans from the Aussie perspective, was best expressed by our soldiers in WW2?

"Apart from being trigger happy S O B's - they're overpaid & over here!"

At the moment tho - probably the BEST ambassadore you have? Oprah - she's here and doing a pretty good job of winning us over at the moment, because what you see is what you get, theres no typical Yank pretence with her, and Aussies generally appreciate that type of candour.

Its hard not to appreciate her straight to the point honesty, and she is a hard person not to like.

Get the heck rid of that crazy Sarah Palin & even moreso get rid of Hillary Clinton - Make Oprah your next president - you got MAYBE half a chance of winning back a shred of respect on the international stage....as long as you make Letterman her 2 I C, and the members of Paul Schafers Band horn section, as leaders of your congress / senate etc.

Heck - they gotta be better than the bought and paid for criminals in congress now.

Cheers
edit on 9/12/10 by ianmoone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCar

Maybe we could get them to air some South Park?

I wouldn't show them the one with Mohammed though...

Being a Brit, I haven't really seen much of Letterman, he's probably on one of the minor cable stations, late at night, but what I have seen didn't really float my boat TBH.

new topics

top topics

join