It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US scientists create mice from two fathers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

US scientists create mice from two fathers

www.news.com.au

US scientists have used stem cell technology to create mice from two fathers, an advance they say could help preserve endangered species and even help same-sex couples have their own genetic children one day.

In the study, published in the journal Biology of Reproduction, reproductive scientists in Texas were able to manipulate cells from a male (XY) mouse fetus to produce an induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cell line.

These iPS cells are adult cells that have undergone some genetic reprogramming in order to enter an embryonic stem-cell-like state.

Some of the cells that were grown from
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well this is interesting as it will spark some controversy as it allegedly may allow same sex couples to have children. Again I wont go into my personal opinion on the matter though I do think that this technology has its benefits and also has its downfalls. Any ideas or opinions?

This 200 word minimum thing is very annoying mods!!!

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Already a thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
-ponders-

So...we could then theoretically create what we have always pondered.

what do you get when you cross j-lo with pamela anderson...
-mind splodes-

I think its great...of course, there is no human reproductive cloning. I think this also is banned, however I may have to check up on that...if not yet, it most definately will be (cant have gay people breeding..I think the collective right would melt).

still...somewhere in the world it will happen, Also yes, its good to create genetic diversity in nearly extinct animals.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I think it would be fantastic if the results of this research can help in the preservation of endangered species, but I will never condone queers using it to produce children! It just isn't natural, and isn't fair for any child to have a "Mom and Dad" of the same sex. I can just picture bullies at school picking on the poor kid, and how will that child feel whenever two people of the same sex show up for parent's night and other events? I'm not homophobic, and as far as I'm concerned queers can live together as a couple if they wish, but leave children out of it! I'll probably get replies saying I'm just an a-hole, but because these are my personal feelings about the subject and I'm not about to change, I'm not even going to waste my time arguing over it!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I find it amusing, with how bad the economy is, and how messed up the world is, and all the wealth in the world...they actually have time too do what god forbids...playing his role* i just think its not only weird but i dunno, something form the twilight zone* this is as dumb as some shmuck in a white lab coat in the pnada zoo, taking the females rectal temperature, then wondering why thye dont breed* during and after that
mans intervention*
besides who cares...the courts and states are never goingt o allow same sex marriage, not all of them, neither is the military in reality..otherwise their wouldnt be any bias* but human nature their is*
man this test, was stupid as stupid and wasteful of time and money their ever was

new topics

top topics

join