It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America to pay back $137.3 million.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Attorneys general from 20 states reached an agreement that will require Bank of America to pay $137.3 million for its part in a bid-rigging scheme, according to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The financial institution is accused of defrauding state agencies, municipalities, schools districts, hospitals and other non-profit organizations by rigging bids on municipal bond contracts.

They end up making billions off of this bs all the while being granted amnesty because they cooperated and fessed up!? so simply put the message tome is clear..It is OK to Cheat,steal and lie as long as you are a bank/bankster!

My hope is that wikileaks does release the dynamite damning information that will reveal further the corruption that is going on behind the curtain! and sooner the better imo. I am sick & tired of these criminals getting away with their corrupt,deceitful money mongering ways.
Bring em down!

edit on 9-12-2010 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

I heard this on the news today and it P's me off no end..
All these big banks are caught cheating and defrauding and what happens??
They get fined........

It's the poor shareholders that foot the bill while the criminals that mastermind the crime get off scot free...
They should be in jail like any other thief...!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Very interesting. I can't help but wonder if this is a precedent to the new wikileaks about the "financial sector." God willing, Julian Assange will able to release this most pertinent information via his altruistic website, wikileaks. God Speed Julian Assange.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
hey thanks for posting this article
Another piece of political blackmail
comes to light.

Remember, wikileaks saying it's next big dump
was gonna be about a big American Bank.
Most thought it was going to be BOA.
This next article might prove that it was
BOA.

Dec. 8, 2010
Attorneys general from 20 states reached an agreement that will require Bank of America to pay $137.3 million for its part in a bid-rigging scheme, according to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

The financial institution is accused of defrauding state agencies, municipalities, schools districts, hospitals and other non-profit organizations by rigging bids on municipal bond contracts

www.rawstory.com...

coincidence or not that the same day BOA paid out this settlement,
now wikileaks has recanted on the next big leak being a bank
but now it is the Gitmo Detainee scandal.

Gitmo may be WikiLeaks’ next target - Dec. 8, 2010
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has reportedly told media contacts that he has a large cache of files on the US's detention facility in Guantanamo Bay.

Reuters quotes an unnamed "contact" who says Assange has "got the personal files of every prisoner in Gitmo."

www.rawstory.com...

now why do you suppose that wikileaks changed
their next big scoop from BOA to Gitmo after BOA
paid off that settlement ???

Political Blackmail - MOTIVE

oh and 1 last thing:
How can Julian tell the media this
on Dec. 8, 2010 when he has been
in jail for 24 hrs ???

being led by the media folks.
the dog and pony show

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/9/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

O>>M>>G

Do you never stop??

The BOA case has been ongoing for years..They were granted amnesty in 2007......
Where does you link say Wiki is not going ahead with the bank leak?

Because this bit is from YOUR source.

WikiLeaks is expected to disclose a trove of secret information about Bank of America sometime early next year which the site's founder said would reveal "an ecosystem of corruption."

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

No problem and I am in agreement with you on this one.I would of sworn I posted the source link...Was late and I must of slipped up.sorry about that!
thank you for posting the source article.

new topics

top topics

join