It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Huge UFO/Planet passing in front of the sun???

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This was taken by SDO. Something passes in front of the Sun. Can't be a known planet. They would orbit horizontally. So could it be the Moon? Or a huge UFO?

The video itself is in fast forward so look for the time mark:

Here's the video:




posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159
 


It could be a speck of dust close to the camera or a small rock a few feet away..

How can you say huge UFO/Planet without knowing distance??



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
That could be ANYTHING

Speck of dust
Seems like Passing Debris



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
This was taken by SDO. Something passes in front of the Sun. Can't be a known planet. They would orbit horizontally. So could it be the Moon? Or a huge UFO?

The video itself is in fast forward so look for the time mark:

Here's the video:


You've probably ignored the first two replies with their dumb speck of dust/debris comments. It's interesting to watch. I froze it quite a few times as it enters at 3pm and moves on up to 12. It's round and I don't think it's an operators thumb or anything near the lens since it's in focus and if it was near the lens and it was small it might not even register. Let's see what the other "experts" speculate/assume.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
been covered already.

its the moon



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Nothing more than lunar transit when the new Moon passed directly between the spacecraft (in its geosynchronous orbit) and the Sun.

Source Link Below.

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...


I thought I may have seen a post on this....I might be wrong.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159
 


Well the only thing I'm sure of is that this post will have half a million different theories in a matter of no time. Ranging from the obsurd to the obvious and none being able to fully explain what the heck that was. I know... I know... speck of dust! Whatever! Let the games begin!!!!



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Dinkle
been covered already.

its the moon


What moon??
I thought these cameras were 1.4 million miles from earth...



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Might be Venus













posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack
 


Nope, its in orbit…

SDO
After launch, the spacecraft was placed into an orbit around the earth with an initial perigee of about 2,500 kilometres (1,600 mi). SDO will undergo a series of orbit-raising maneuvers which will adjust its orbit until the spacecraft reaches its planned circular, geosynchronous orbit at an altitude of 36,000 kilometres (22,000 mi), at 102° W longitude, inclined at 28.5°.[18]

You might be thinking of Stereo A & B:
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike
 



You've probably ignored the first two replies with their dumb speck of dust/debris comments. It's interesting to watch. I froze it quite a few times as it enters at 3pm and moves on up to 12. It's round and I don't think it's an operators thumb or anything near the lens since it's in focus and if it was near the lens and it was small it might not even register. Let's see what the other "experts" speculate/assume.


Without knowing distance from the camera, would you care to explain why you consider those comments dumb?



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5
 


Yes I was..Thanks for the info..




posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by The Shrike
 



You've probably ignored the first two replies with their dumb speck of dust/debris comments. It's interesting to watch. I froze it quite a few times as it enters at 3pm and moves on up to 12. It's round and I don't think it's an operators thumb or anything near the lens since it's in focus and if it was near the lens and it was small it might not even register. Let's see what the other "experts" speculate/assume.


Without knowing distance from the camera, would you care to explain why you consider those comments dumb?


Read Imurxtacy247 reply above, go to the link, and you'll have your answer. But I'll add that the 2 commenters didn't know the distance either yet they put forth their dumb comments.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike
 



It could be a speck of dust close to the camera or a small rock a few feet away..

How can you say huge UFO/Planet without knowing distance??


How was my comment dumb as opposed to your comment that simply said, lets wait for an expert..

I was simply pointing out that it could be anything without knowing the distance..

I think it's your bed time...
edit on 9-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by The Shrike
 



It could be a speck of dust close to the camera or a small rock a few feet away..

How can you say huge UFO/Planet without knowing distance??


How was my comment dumb as opposed to your comment that simply said, lets wait for an expert..

I was simply pointing out that it could be anything without knowing the distance..

I think it's your bed time...
edit on 9-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)


Thanks for pointing out that you are not an expert. Next.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159
 

This stuff is so fascinating. Not sure if real but interesting to contemplate.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Thread already exist.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sorry mate.



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join