It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thing I don't understand about WikiLeaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Ok first off.....I'm kind of glad people are realizing their government lies to them and keeps many things secret. Sadly the majority of people believe the government tells the truth.

Now Wikileaks....I know it was a pretty unpopular website until it got all this media attention and the government freaked and pulled the plug on it's server but there are hundreds of other websites out there that has more or less of the classified documents that wikileaks had. Like for example ATS you can find some interesting "military" documents. But you don't see the government coming and shutting this place down.

So why was Wikileaks made out to be the bad guy? When with a simple google search you can find any classified document on google.

edit on 9-12-2010 by xweaponx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
they needed to distract people and get their attention elsewhere. so the machine created the whole wiki nonsense to keep the sleeping asleep by giving them the illusion their awake and to send the awake on a wild goose chase. i think its funny that all this happened right around the time that north and south Korea tensions are rising. haha people are foolish they wouldn't let top secret documents get out to the public unless they wanted them to be released

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyoureyes2theworld
they needed to distract people and get their attention elsewhere. so the machine created the whole wiki nonsense to keep the sleeping asleep by giving them the illusion their awake and to send the awake on a wild goose chase. i think its funny that all this happened right around the time that north and south Korea tensions are rising. haha people are foolish they wouldn't let top secret documents get out to the public unless they wanted them to be released

I couldn't agree more.

Plus supposedly the wikileaks guy had the LOWEST clearance. The file system is based on clearance rank so he wouldn't even be able to get his hands on the really top secret material. They said all the "documents" were stored on the governments "linked" servers. Their is no possible way he could of even accessed such documents.

Plus go back in time about a year ago. They were afraid of "chinese" hackers attacking the grid, they passed laws to prevent internet traffic in time of an "event". Come on they really need to put more money into securing their insecure computers and servers. I think the government thinks they work at NASA because it doesn't take a rocket scientists to figure basic things out.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Transparency is the greatest threat to the cabal. They cannot function without darkness and secrecy. For this reason Wikileaks is a huge threat to them. More than the content of the information being exposed, is the fact that their secrecy is under threat. Their secrecy is their power. Tear down the wall of secrecy and you remove them from power.

Transparency and truth are the lifeblood and the power of the people.
Secrecy and lies are the lifeblood and the power of the Cabal.

That's why the vicious attack has been launched against Assange. The assault on Assange is an attempt to squash leaks, to make leaking the most heinous of crimes, and to terrorise people into being too afraid to do it in future. It's also a desperate (but impossible) attempt to somehow find a way to appropriate and block the material WL already has in its possession.

Any person who emerges as a speaker of truth, with a large public following is a threat and is removed in some way, often by ending their life. Look at history.
edit on 9-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

...there are hundreds of other websites out there that has more or less of the classified documents that wikileaks had.

There IS safety in numbers - and the more people who speak out, speak up and start telling the truth openly, the safer it is for everyone.

And the more likely we will alter our cultural meme to better reflect reality. ...This is the real danger TPTB are trying to neutralize - by "making an example" of WikiLeaks, to strike fear into everyones' hearts, and shut us ALL up. So the world -and business- can continue as usual.

edit on 9/12/10 by soficrow because: clarity

top topics

join