It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Fortress Islands: US pushes Koreas to War?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Thoughts on this?

US gains much from this, provocation N-Korea to attack, then when it attacks US can be assured that its troops will remain in Japan and S-Korea.

Just like the S-Korean vessel which US is accused of sinking by many.

Plus the claim is, that tension helps US economy which is struggling.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
i think W3 is in close sight.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyoureyes2theworld
i think W3 is in close sight.

WWIII would help the US economy come back to life, without it US would fall.

The only thing US is good at now is destroying, it has to start destroying because they seem to have lost all their other talents.

Feel sorry for Americans who put real hard work for that country, to bring it to where it is today.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Ah my favorite I hate America poster. Really most of the world thinks the US sunk that ship? For some reason I don't think that statement is based on any real poll but rather your own personal bias opinion. Every article I've read says it was the North. The South Koreans themselves said this after their month long investigation but they didn't wanna piss NK off too much. They don't want open war. I would also argue that NK stands to benefit. They'll get attention in the international community and considering their current economic state any spoils would be a plus for them.

So here are my thoughts...In your expert opinion, if war is soooo great for the American economy why have the two wars we are currently engaged in been unable to do the trick? America is just chugging along economically with our record unemployment, foreclosures, bailouts, and bankruptcies....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
After WWII we forced Germany/Japan to FUND our military being there.

Without being able to have Japan and Germany fund part of our military we wouldn't have the military we have today.

The Korean War we were able to force South Korea to fund our presence there as well. It's a way to subsidize DOD.

Those Okinawan's protesting to get the Marines thrown out of there...is actually mainland Japan doing that. The Japanese military want us out so they can use the $2 Billion they have to pony up to support our military...so they can build their own military hardware.

If we let Japan kick the Marines out and send them to Guam....how are we going to fund them there? We can't. The short term fix is have Japan fund the move and we pay them payments on the military housing they build for example. That will decimate the local economy on Guam which in turn will lower Federal Revenue from them buying our goods...plus even more would need Welfare and Section 8 as they go deeper into poverty.

We do some crazy crap to keep funding our military. It would be in our interest for the Korean peninsula to get a little hotter so we can justify keeping troops there to keep getting $$$$$ from South Korea.

Problem is....it's not enough. We need a new country divided to profit from. Hence where Taiwan comes in. We will sacrifice half the population of the United States if need be to keep Taiwan ours. We make $$$ keeping the world divided.

Oh sure they will say "Communism is bad". We've got Communists in the White House. That argument no longer holds water.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a war will not help.
the only thong that will.
is to totally start over.
and you would have to not use gold for cash at all.
why? because there are people who have 100's of tonnes of it.
they would just take over again.
so you are back to the start.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infinityobserver
Ah my favorite I hate America poster. Really most of the world thinks the US sunk that ship? For some reason I don't think that statement is based on any real poll but rather your own personal bias opinion. Every article I've read says it was the North. The South Koreans themselves said this after their month long investigation but they didn't wanna piss NK off too much. They don't want open war. I would also argue that NK stands to benefit. They'll get attention in the international community and considering their current economic state any spoils would be a plus for them.

Read the highlighted part and tell me exactly where I said, or even suggesting that most of the world thinks US sunk the ship??

North Korea obviously didn't gain anything, they just got condemned and that's it. They really brainwashed you in to thinking N-Korea wants attention like a little kid hahaha, then again most Americans think N-Korean regime is literally crazy and psychotic and would nuke the world with the chance given
who says CIA didn't master the mechanics of Brainwashing.

So here are my thoughts...In your expert opinion, if war is soooo great for the American economy why have the two wars we are currently engaged in been unable to do the trick? America is just chugging along economically with our record unemployment, foreclosures, bailouts, and bankruptcies....

Because US didn't gain anything from the two wars lol..

Iran has more influence in Iraq than US, Afghanistan is still kicking US a$$es. I think the US thought that Afghans and Iraqis would throw flowers at US troops, and it would be all handy dandy, allowing the US to make up for its losses my exploiting oil and other minerals.

They didn't know invading Afghanistan would be as easy as invading Japan. Even if you drop 10 nukes in Afghanistan, they will keep fighting. You should know by now "Afghanistan is the graveyard of empires".

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Just like the S-Korean vessel which US is accused of sinking by many.

I realize you didn't say WORLD per say, so please enlighten me then, what does BY MANY mean?

I never said the US didn't gain anything from the two wars, I said if war is so great for America why does our economy suck right now when we are in two wars?

Please answer those questions, refrain from petty word games and your anti-America propaganda.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Infinityobserver because: change you to your and made questions plural

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I realize you didn't say WORLD per say, so please enlighten me then, what does BY MANY mean?

I never said the US didn't gain anything from the two wars, I said if war is so great for America why does our economy suck right now when we are in two wars?

Please answer those questions, refrain from petty word games and your anti-America propaganda.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Infinityobserver because: change you to your and made questions plural

Umm, when did I say war is good for US?

This is not war, this is just to keep the tensions high so US can stay alive.

Why do you think US has bases in South Korea and Japan?

I'm sure N-Korea has nothing to do with it, I'm sure it has much more to do with China.

US wants to hold on to its empire. What would happen if S-Korea leaves US for China, what if Japan leaves and joins China?..

I guess you can see where I'm going with this.

Japan is a US proxy state.

South Korea is a US proxy state. It would be bad for US economy if US was to leave those two nations and let them be independent.

Get it?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sigh more word games. Again you didn't answer question about who you meant exactly with your "by many" statement. Perhaps you could also provide a source for that statement. One showing "many" think the US sunk that ship.

The lady in the video said it, it's attempt to get us out of the current financial situation with more military expenditures. So based off what she said and what you're asking to discuss, it's military expenditures that help the economy. Are the two wars we are currently engaged in not a military expenditure? Then you said US has much to gain from this and then stated that the "claim" is tensions are good for US economy which is struggling. That's odd because if I remember correctly the economy actually suffered as a result of this news. You can find information about that here.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Infinityobserver because: To sigh at your word games

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Umm, when did I say war is good for US?

WWIII would help the US economy come back to life, without it US would fall.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Infinityobserver

WW and a war is completely different.

In a WW, the whole world will be effected, and the dominant one will flourish. In WW it will be all out war, which US can always win.

In one war, the whole world won't be effect and it won't be an all out war, which will only effect US and its proxy states who are forced to join it on the fight.

Evidence is clear, while US is in decline, China is on the rise.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Sigh more word games. Again you didn't answer question about who you meant exactly with your "by many" statement. Perhaps you could also provide a source for that statement. One showing "many" think the US sunk that ship.

The lady in the video said it, it's attempt to get us out of the current financial situation with more military expenditures. So based off what she said and what you're asking to discuss, it's military expenditures that help the economy. Are the two wars we are currently engaged in not a military expenditure? Then you said US has much to gain from this and then stated that the "claim" is tensions are good for US economy which is struggling. That's odd because if I remember correctly the economy actually suffered as a result of this news. You can find information about that here.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Infinityobserver because: To sigh at your word games

www.japanprobe.com...

I don't talk shizz..

Plus, the South Korean Vessel was in South Korean waters. No N-Korean sub has the ability to go through heavily guarded S-Korean seas without detection. They have advanced sonar and audio arrays which no N-Korean sub is capable of operating under covertly without detection.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
You asked when did you say war was good for the US economy, I showed you. It doesn't matter if you said World War or not, ITS STILL WAR AND YOU SAID IT. You are playing word games.

According to the link you gave about the same amount of people said it was NK. If "by many" you mean almost half the people polled ok. I could say the same thing about NK though, but then America might not look like the big bad guy and you can't have that can you?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

You asked when did you say war was good for the US economy, I showed you. It doesn't matter if you said World War or not, ITS STILL WAR AND YOU SAID IT. You are playing word games.

According to the link you gave about the same amount of people said it was NK. If "by many" you mean almost half the people polled ok. I could say the same thing about NK though, but then America might not look like the big bad guy and you can't have that can you?

There is an obvious difference between a war and a WW. Even primary kids know that.

Anyways

it seems you don't even know what "many" means zzzzz

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The US just signed a freee trade agreement with South Korea
did anyone notice?
firedoglake.com... ea-trade-agreement/
has free trade been good for the US ever?
think it will be good for the SKorean peeeps?
oh
has it been good for the peeps ever, anywhere?

umm'
I see a lot of people who aren't seening things very deeply

please go to the link
see a lttle more clearly.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
You chose to interpret the data in a way that fits your agenda. Ultimately you have no point other than to bash America.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

You chose to interpret the data in a way that fits your agenda. Ultimately you have no point other than to bash America.

Provide substance,
your words are more useless than a portable toilet..
The above was a lame comparison, but heck I'm trying to prove a point.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The average american is getting further putched.
( as I illustrated with the link)
I guess it is un patriotic to point that out...

that was a new law passed during the viet nam days
just after the gulf of Tonkin that never happened.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I'm quiet aware of what "many" means. The point I was making is that the same thing can be said about North Korea... but that wouldn't fit your agenda.

So what is the point you are trying to make? What exactly is your purpose for this thread?

edit on 10-12-2010 by Infinityobserver because: remove are

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join