It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hahaha Paypal is down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
About time this bunch of criminals feels some pain.

Proof

edit on 8-12-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

I fail to see the humor in this since many businesses use this for work purposes and payment.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

I fail to see the humor in this since many businesses use this for work purposes and payment.

Many businesses are now saving money instead of paying extortionary fees and not running the risk of paypal freezing their money for no reason whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
just checked - not down on my end.

-

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Works fine over here

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Doesnt come up for me, or for downforeveryoneorjustme.com

Click for live link to downforeveryone

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I agree that this isn't really helping seeing that paypal is typically regarded as a safe medium for business transactions online. I'm quite glad I did all my shopping early, because I have to go through paypal at times. I'm also not too happy that they are targeting paypal since a lot of account information is stored there...including mine, and frankly I don't trust these morons not to use this information for their own advantage.
I think paypal is just complying to orders from a higher authority, so why attack them?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Not that funny for me. luckily I made a transfer to my bank account earlier today.
edit on 8-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Many businesses are now saving money instead of paying extortionary fees and not running the risk of paypal freezing their money for no reason whatsoever.

Saving money?? Wow how stupid. How does one save money when they RECEIVE their payments from customers via paypal???

You think this is so funny well then tell it to the member who has their business affected by it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

go ahead tell him how funny it is...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

PayPal is an extremely convenient and easy way to take payments from people for an internet business, your only other option really is to set up a payment gateway amd a merchant account with a bank and guess what, they take a percentage too!

What do you expect the to do provide a service for free?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I get online businesses to take my payments through money orders, cuz papal charges too much.

i know how it feels when i run auctions then after ebay has their way with me then its paypals turn.
needless to say i dont use paypal and havent for years.

if i have to i'll set a payment gateway through my bank

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have a feeling that a better alternative is going to come along soon, if there is not one already.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I use PayPal, but I don't like it. Recently it's made me dislike it even more.. I was trying to buy something on eBay, just a cheap less than $15 item, and as soon as I hit the "Pay Now" button , I noticed I wrote a number in wrong, and I got a message to my email saying PayPal had locked my account due to them thinking it was third party activity. I know it wasn't, it was definitely me. I can't log in anymore, I always get a "We're sorry - Your last action could not be completed." message when I try. I searched forever for their contact email and explained the problem, and after like a week I got a response telling me that in order to resolve my problem, I need to log in and go to the resolution center. I wrote back saying I can't log in - that is the problem. Then after another week, they wrote me back and told me to clear my cookies and try again. Like, don't you think I tried that!? I can't log in on any computer. Then after at least a week they wrote back again and told me to call their very log distance phone number so that they could "walk me through the process" of clearing my cookies. I wrote back and have yet to hear from them again, lol.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
I have a feeling that a better alternative is going to come along soon, if there is not one already.

There is, it's AlertPay, I personally like it waaay more than PayPal.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Why dont you ask any one of the countless victims of Paypal how they feel about their "great" service? Or you could ask all of the people involved in the class action settlement with paypal. Why not get their opinion?

Frozen accounts, money returned to scammers, etc etc. Paypal enables theft and fraud. Hopefully they come crashing down for good.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Ha it's down for me right now. As convenient paypal may be for us they are still a corrupt corporation. They don't answer to anyone because paypal isn't a "bank". So these are the first shots of cyber warfare.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Why dont you ask any one of the countless victims of Paypal how they feel about their "great" service? Or you could ask all of the people involved in the class action settlement with paypal. Why not get their opinion?

Frozen accounts, money returned to scammers, etc etc. Paypal enables theft and fraud. Hopefully they come crashing down for good.

paypals the bottom of the bucket really, ebay promotes theft. you should read the feedbacks and scores of some of the largest ebay storefronts, and the feds wont even touch them. i know ive turned a few in for bate and switches they've pulled over on me.

this world is just a world of theft at every angle. you either bend over and take it or create your own and prosper

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It is perfectly working. Check it out.

www.paypal.com
edit on 9-12-2010 by wavemaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
It is perfectly working. Check it out.

www.paypal.com
edit on 9-12-2010 by wavemaker because: (no reason given)

Yup, I just left the Anon irc channel, they are switching targets

hitting the various paypal IP's made things a little uncoordinated for a while.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
paypals losing nothing over this, its just customer inconvenience, they'll be back fleecing the public before daybreak

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join