It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa sells shuttle PCs without wiping secret data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Nasa sells shuttle PCs without wiping secret data

www.bbc.co.uk

US space agency Nasa has been left red-faced after selling off computers without ensuring that highly sensitive data had been removed.

An internal investigation found 10 cases where PCs were sold despite failing data removal procedures.

Another four PCs - which were about to be sold - were found to contain data restricted under arms control rules.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
LOL And we are worried about Wikileaks, our own governmental agencies are providing secret information to the public.

I wonder what type of information was leaked? Aliens? The US's secret military space program? Information about where spy satellites are located, as if there not tracked by our enemies any way?

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03

LOL And we are worried about Wikileaks, our own governmental agencies are providing secret information to the public.

I wonder what type of information was leaked? Aliens? The US's secret military space program? Information about where spy satellites are located, as if there not tracked by our enemies any way?

www.bbc.co.uk

80% of drives you buy on ebay have recoverable data on them...

Its rather easy to get this stuff..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
These are the people who are suppose to stop a comet hitting us

Just shows how incompitent our government is S&F.Great thread!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I've bought used Silicon Graphics computers from Nasa at auction before, resold some and kept others for my business, Nasa always removed the hard drives before selling them. The don't bother trying to wipe the drives, just remove and destroy them. This must be a case of someone forgetting to remove the drives, I wouldn't doubt the data on them was completely free of any encryption.

top topics

join