It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Cables Reveal Background of Pro-Dictator U.S. Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

NEW YORK--After the Soviet collapse in 1991 U.S. policy toward Central Asia was transparently cynical: support the dictators, screw the people. As the U.S. stood by and watched, corrupt autocrats looted the former Soviet republics of Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan. Dissidents were jailed, massacred--even boiled.
Not that any of this information comes as a surprise!

Source

U.S. was anything but passive. They negotiated deals for oil and gas pipelines. They rented airbases after 9/11. They poured in tens of millions of American tax dollars--all of which wound up in secret bank accounts belonging to the dictators and their families. Meanwhile, average citizens lived in abject poverty.

Turn your backs,close your eyes as if all is well,the rich keep getting richer and the poor live within a world of glass ceilings,never-ending set backs and difficulties.The world we live in is pure insanity.I feel for all of those living in such sub-human/sub-standard environments,underneath regimes & rulers whom are addicted to power,sickening control and unethical political practice.

I am not sure if this has been posted yet,I searched and didn't come up with any hits.
edit on 8-12-2010 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Nothing new there.. u.s been supporting dictaters in banana republics and elsewhere long before that.. Helps them keep the number one spot in the world for weapons exports.. Many were even trained at the school of the americas at ft. benning ga.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Nothing new there.. u.s been supporting dictaters in banana republics and elsewhere long before that.. Helps them keep the number one spot in the world for weapons exports..

Yes it is nothing new just more evidence to pile on the rest. Perhaps when the pile gets high enough the spin doctors will no longer be able to hide it under mass media propaganda.

A former respected member of international banking, John Perkins, tells in “Confessions of an Economic Hit Man” and interviews, how the Banksters use the IMF and World Bank to empire build.

JOHN PERKINS: Basically what we were trained to do and what our job is to do is to build up the American empire. To bring – to create situations where as many resources as possible flow into this country, to our corporations, and our government, and in fact we’ve been very successful. We’ve built the largest empire in the history of the world. It's been done over the last 50 years since World War II with very little military might, actually. It's only in rare instances like Iraq where the military comes in as a last resort. This empire, unlike any other in the history of the world, has been built primarily through economic manipulation, through cheating, through fraud, through seducing people into our way of life, through the economic hit men. I was very much a part of that....

Q. How closely did you work with the World Bank?
JOHN PERKINS: Very, very closely with the World Bank. The World Bank provides most of the money that’s used by economic hit men, it and the I.M.F.
www.lewrockwell.com...
www.democracynow.org...

John Perkins states he was initially recruited by the National Security Agency, a US Government agency. I contend these were not from our legitimate government elected by the US citizens but traitors representing banking interests.

Perkins writes, "The book was to be dedicated to the presidents of two countries, men who had been his clients whom I respected and thought of as kindred spirits – Jaime Rolds, president of Ecuador, and Omar Torrijos, president of Panama. Both had just died in fiery crashes. Their deaths were not accidental. They were assassinated because they opposed that fraternity of corporate, government, and banking heads whose goal is global empire. We Economic Hit Men failed to bring Rolds and Torrijos around, and the other type of hit men, the CIA-sanctioned jackals who were always right behind us, stepped in.” Perkins “ fraternity of corporate, government, and banking heads whose goal is global empire” is certainly not representing the American people, but a cartel intent on a worldwide empire.

G.Edward Griffin explains how the cartels use US tax payer money to fund the World Bank/IMF takeover of third world countries all the while Congress is babbling about how the money is being used for “humanitarian aid”

Obama Supports Extending Patriot Act Business Records Snooping www.abovetopsecret.com...

State Fusion Centers to Get Access to Secret DOD Data www.abovetopsecret.com...

Political Profiling Threat To All Citizens www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pro-Dictator Policy includes a Dictatorship by our OWN government.

Establishing martial law in the United States

The John W. Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2006 (PL 109-364)... was signed October 17, 2006, by President George W. Bush. The Act "has a provocative provision called 'Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies'," the thrust of which "seems to be about giving the federal government a far stronger hand in coordinating responses to [Hurricane] Katrina-like disasters," Jeff Stein, CQ National Security Editor wrote December 1, 2006.

"But on closer inspection, its language also alters the two-centuries-old Insurrection Act, which Congress passed in 1807 to limit the president’s power to deploy troops within the United States ... 'to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy'," Stein wrote.

"But the amended law takes the cuffs off" and "critics say it’s a formula for executive branch mischief," Stein wrote, as "the new language adds 'natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident' to the list of conditions permitting the President to take over local authority — particularly 'if domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order.'"....

Executive Order 12919: "National Emergency"
Should President George W. Bush proclaim and put into effect Executive Order 12919, "the President would put the United States under total Martial Law and Military Dictatorship." [2]

"The President need not wait for some emergency to occur, however. He can declare a National Emergency at any time, and freeze everything. Congress, and the States, are powerless to prevent such an Executive Dictatorship, as long as the President advises Congress in a timely matter." ...

A very good summary of how close we really are to a dictatorship here in the USA. One wonders if the "provocation" by the Obama government is done to disrupt any unity by the people and provide a reason for installing a dictatorship. I would hazard that Hilary is slated as the dictator not Obama

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
All I can say is hope for the best and expect the worst.
Stack up on extra food,water,anything survival oriented because anymore,at least personally I think things are slowly going down the toilet and have been for a long time.
it just seems things are speeding up to a chaotic crescendo

new topics

top topics

join