It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 32
<< 29  30  31   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by wcitizen

So what your saying is when anonymous does a terrorist act it's ok? Is that what your getting at?

2nd line.

That's not what I said. Read my post.
second

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Once again, you are missing the point. If 8 hours of money makes or breaks you, you're pretty screwed anyway.

If you're running an internet business, you better damn well be ready to work whichever 8 hours a day are available to you.

I do not appreciate the insinuation that I'm a meth-addict.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
TTTP, File a complaint against paypal, and tell them that their actions have caused a backlash of hatred, effectively hurting your revenue.

I'd file a lawsuit against paypal if you could find anything worth while.

This is exaclty the purpose/point of most protests: To annoy people into action. Whether it is blocking traffic or shutting down a website... annoy people so they bring an end to whatever is causing the protest.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

While your thoughts obviously touched the hearts and feelings of a few, they represent a logical fallacy and are, in effect, a straw man.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as the people who have suffered as a result of those wars have nothing to do with anon attacking PayPal. These issues were not even stated as a factor in the attack.

We are discussing one group of people who took it upon themselves to make a statement. A statement which stood to effect the lives, albeit in a minor way, of other people who have nothing at all to do with the "crime" the act was supposedly "protesting".

Strip away the emotion and what you are left with is a cold an empty truth. Anons' actions, here, accomplished little, inconvenienced mostly the wrong people, and, if anything, set back the issue of net neutrality - rather than progressing it.

Anonymous, in the past, have done some very noble and well thought out things. This attack was not one of them. This attack was more indicative of the cancer than it was of anon.

But, if we want to take the easy way out and say "Well, heck sometimes babies die, and bad things happen, therefore anything and everything is justified via straw man rationales"... well then the end result will be that a few people feel good about themselves for awhile - even as they put a huge red target on the back of net neutrality.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

While your thoughts obviously touched the hearts and feelings of a few, they represent a logical fallacy and are, in effect, a straw man.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as the people who have suffered as a result of those wars have nothing to do with anon attacking PayPal. These issues were not even stated as a factor in the attack.

No logical fallacy as far as my thinking is concerned....anon is attacking paypal because they are colluding in an attack on free speech. Free speech is needed to bring down the Illuminazi government which kills for cash.
Hence, for me there is a direct link. You may not agree with my point of view, but I believe there is a very direct link between the two.

We are discussing one group of people who took it upon themselves to make a statement. A statement which stood to effect the lives, albeit in a minor way, of other people who have nothing at all to do with the "crime" the act was supposedly "protesting".

Just as are the people in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Strip away the emotion

So, you are now claiming that facts are emotions, and emotions should be dismissed....gotta disagree with you there.

and what you are left with is a cold an empty truth. Anons' actions, here, accomplished little, inconvenienced mostly the wrong people, and, if anything, set back the issue of net neutrality - rather than progressing it.

all this is your own personal opinion, none of it is fact, except the fact that some people were inconvenienced.

Anonymous, in the past, have done some very noble and well thought out things. This attack was not one of them. This attack was more indicative of the cancer than it was of anon.

Only in your strawman opinion.

But, if we want to take the easy way out and say "Well, heck sometimes babies die, and bad things happen, therefore anything and everything is justified via straw man rationales"

The fact that some people were inconvenienced is unfortunate ..... but it was only for a few hours.... there are people dying, babies maimed, all manner of horrors going on at the hands of these vermin. Without freedom of speech on the internet it will ne virtually impossible to change the status quo. Anon are fighting for that. Whether you believe that what they are doing will ultimately help is a matter of opinion.

.. well then the end result will be that a few people feel good about themselves for awhile - even as they put a huge red target on the back of net neutrality.

~Heff

As you yourself have said, anon carried out similar activities before, in which case, according to your logic, they had already put a red target on the back of net neutrality. In any case, net neutrality has had a huge red target on its back for a long time.
edit on 12-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
it isn't anon's fault that you are too short sighted to rely on something other than paypal as a backup form of payment. if you're running anything bigger than a mom and pop operation then you'd be using merchant services that can process credit cards -- not paypal, that would possibly only be included as an alternative option. If you cannot afford for paypal to go down, then don't rely solely on that service, you have no one to blame but yourself, and this post surmounts to nothing but a sore loser whining. Anon is not your problem, your lack of fore-thought and disaster planning is clearly to blame.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by NoJoker13
Alright so basically your fine living a lie then? Your going to take information from a man that you know nothing about and take it as fact? I mean that's kinda like being religious is there going to be a religion started by Assange followers??

Kinda with you on this one... have asked several times if anyone else has verified these leaks. A lot of ones I have seen at random really say nothing new if you have been paying attention to current events... maybe add a little confirmation that it is discussed in embassy circles but still...

>> It just seems to me like there are so many people here AUTOMATICALLY against WikiLeaks and FOR the powerful accusers.

LOGICALLY -- how can a guy get lambasted for LEAKING, and accused of TREASON (He's an Australian -- go figure), and THEN of course, accused of ESPIONAGE if he is making things up?

Either the guy is LEAKING or he is LYING -- you cannot say; "If it isn't a leak, then he is a liar." You already destroyed the credibility you came in with by calling him a Leaker based on WHAT EVIDENCE? His own.

If he were a liar, then all these governments, banking systems, and large corporations would not be shutting him down like the greatest threat to humanity. Nobody is bothering to go after Jessie Ventura after all.

>> THE Original Post seems kind of suspect to me. Complaining all this time that Anonymous shut down your business, when there isn't any evidence that there has even been a hickup in PayPal. It sounds WAY TO MUCH like the made up Persecution coming from the Corporatists -- every time we need to enforce standards "It will cost jobs." We've shipped overseas a lot of the jobs, but it doesn't stop the National Manufacturers Association from spending lots of foreign money advising everyone about "what is going to hurt the economy." This is like having a Mugger lecture the Doctor on how to remove their knife.
edit on 13-12-2010 by VitriolAndAngst because: I had Javascript turned off and it was causing problems with my post.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by Imhotepsol

He is a dramatic liar. Yesterday I successfully handled roughly 50 transactions.... Not one hicup or stall. If you search the subject, all you'll find is people assuming it is going to affect them.

I think Anon took restitution into consideration..

Anon did not target transaction servers... They targeted the companies web sites..

I checked again last night to make sure it wasn't affected.. Then again this morning.. Not 1 problem..

Its dramatic stories like the ones seen here, that are working against what we all need to work toward.

Someone made a comment about how complicated this attack was... My 12 year old could pull off a DDOS attack..

This attack was simply a shot across the bow for these companies.

I can't say what is in the mind of the Poster -- and I won't. But it seems conveniently like the constant MEME we get from the Media and PR flacks; "this or that will hurt jobs." Usually from the groups that profit from outsourcing. Get a bunch of people to cry "they hurt my business" and then all the Glenn Beck fans "know it for a fact."

A month ago, everyone KNEW FOR A FACT, that Mexicans were beheading people in Arizona. This is how propaganda works "everybody knows" because a friend of a friend told them so. Is there any TRANSACTION PROOF which should be easy to come by? Not yet.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
And by the way ANON is a philosophy. It might have started as one group -- but anyone can be a member of ANONYMOUS and there is no organization.

The DDOS attack was because PayPal was being a prick. They transmit money for all sorts of evil doers and shut down wikileaks with NO ACCUSATION OF WRONGDOING AGAINST THE ORGANIZATION.

The US is effectively blacklisting anyone -- and wikileaks is a target because they aren't the Washington Post. Other news organizations VETTED and published the cables.

The Swiss closed their bank accounts? What about for the Nazis and anonymous mobsters who have nothing more than a number and no name --- are we presuming some integrity here?

Seriously; Where is the integrity that could possibly be offended by all these major (bloodsucking) corporations? Whether WikiLeaks is behaving properly or not, they are shutting them down without any real trial, or even a real accusation. "A former CIA asset claims his condom slipped off."

Gee, and maybe we might find out they only needed an excuse -- but his company and reputation will be crushed and it's a page 6 "oops!" Like we found out we "opposed" our way into Iraq, and we are real sorry, but all we have are these 14 huge bases on the path of an oil pipeline and production sharing agreements allowing these Oil Companies to steal your resources." But hey, an attempted Condom-slipping accusation, we've got to bring out Interpol.

It is beyond belief to me that the outrage is anything but fake, ignorant or PAID. But I'm waiting for SOME LOGIC that can support another motive...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Way to go ANON. I'm officially NOT supporting you anymore.

lol. revolution ? yes ! but not in my street please !
please believe in something else than paper money ! not even paper huh, virtual !

edit on 13-12-2010 by Fedge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Nice job OP but any real business who takes in any significant income (you claim thousands an hour) have a merchant account, not just paypal. By the way if you are doing all your business through paypal that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard because paypal fees are insane when you could just skip the middle man (paypal) and accept credit cards directly and make more money. So yeah ANON didn't do anything to your business. Blame paypal. Blame yourself. Who put's all their eggs in one basket? You easily could have opened up a Google Checkout account to accept payments as a backup/alternative.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31   >>

join