It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terric
reply to post by etcorngods

Here we go again with the BIG little idea. You know they're only BIG because they're perceived to be big, and we're only small because we're perceived to be small. Perception defines the world through your eyes.

In my world they're equally accountable suppliers to us equally accountable consumers.

They are BIG because they have a concentration of Power in a critical position in world commerce. What do you mean about "perceived" -- they have lots of power and a shallow balance sheet. They fail, there will be nothing there to pay those damaged.

Your world is the world of a midget mind.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It wouldnt surprise me if these attacks were orchestrated by the CIA's own cyber terrorism teams , in an attempt to make Julian assange and his affiliates look responsible for these attacks . Simply in an effort to use in court , so that a judge can say well your reckless release of classified documents has caused damage not only to the government but also damage to small businesses and the common person you are trying to enlighten .

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I think you are an angry person who had better start showing a better example to the young folks on this forum and stop being so condescending and insulting.

Your personal attacks and insults only show your own ignorance and intolerance.

You should be well ashamed!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

Look - whatever. You live in your world of BIG undefeatable enemies where the little man is powerless to defend themselves against the might of the super coalition of business, infinite resource. That world seems to have been lost many times over.

My world however, is a small and efficient one. Where my responsibility is solely to myself, to make ME the best I can be in a way that benefits the greater whole. I'm not spending it fearing some seemingly indomitable entity who is only as powerful as the people think they are.

You crack on with your mindset, good luck as it's not one I care to share.

What Anonymous are doing here is commendable, and they have my full support irrespective of whether their actions affect me personally. These so-called BIG corporations take actions EVERY DAY that affect me personally, they don't care and they aren't stopped because they're too "big".

WE are bigger in that case.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
read the first page... the stars speak for themselves.

my advice to the OP, get over it, and yourself. There are bigger causes than you and your business at hand.
Don't be a coward and cuddle the enemy when things get scary.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I sympathies with you're situation but the attacks will not stop. This is a war and collateral damage is bound to happen. People are fighting for internet freedom and freedom of speech.

It was you're shortsightedness that you only used Paypal. There are several other reputed outlets which will help you with you're transactions such as:

- Moneybookers
- CitiPrePaid - Global Transaction Services
- CheckFree
- MoneyZap
and more

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Assange should dump all of his leaks on the table as soon as possible. If he did that he would be viewed as a journalist and not a terrorist. Internet terrorists who are attacking businesses that refuse to facilitate what he is doing are simply helping the powers that want to control and clamp down on the freedom of the net.

Anybody ever hear the words "false flag"? Assange, if he is not a tool of TPTB, should get on with it and disclose everything he has got. The way he/they have been handling this up to now is tailor made to give the bad guys time to launch whatever false flag "denials of service" or other tricks they can to put Wikileaks in the light of a terrorist organization and to demonstrate how dangerous a free internet is.

Who needs Wikileaks anyway? Is anybody seriously in doubt as to what the US has been up to since 9/11 or what their most likely long term goals are.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
TTTP, File a complaint against paypal, and tell them that their actions have caused a backlash of hatred, effectively hurting your revenue.

I'd file a lawsuit against paypal if you could find anything worth while.

Are you kidding??

With rationale like this, I can see why our nation is in deep trouble and why we have been slipping in the world wide rankings.

Thanks for making my brain hurt so early in the morning.

edit on 9-12-2010 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

link   

I can understand your frustration but no business should rely solely on one fiancial organisation much the same way no investor puts all their eggs in one basket.

I too do business over the internet via Paypal but I don't rely on Paypal alone; that's complete stupitity. I can only suggest to you, while Paypal is your only source of payment, is to keep your account with only the absolute minimal of perhaps less than $200.00 at all times and find other ways by using other financial institutions.

I don't agree to what these hackers are doing however would'nt you wish you were one to access your account or cause havic upon Paypal by denying you your money because the American Feds don't like you because you embarrassed their immoral and unethical behaviour?

Unfortunately, we all just have to ride out the storm and hope some good will come out of all this; for starters the American Govt is breaking their own laws by pursueing Julian Assange, not for what he may or may not have done but because of weaknesses within the American Govt and their blatant arogance on both national and foreign policy of which they must be held accountable to their citizens first and foremost. As an Australian myself, I think our own Govt should keep their comments re Wikileaks among themselves so as to not cause our own country further embarrassment because we are a people who do not forget come the elections as the proven in our more recent federal elections by not giving our Govt full control of the upper and lower house.

link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I would love to see the reactions of those people who are telling me to suck it up and quit whining if their lives were at stake instead of mine and my children's.

Luckily I'm a smart business owner and have found an alternative so this mess will be solved shortly.

~Keeper

So your life and that of your family is at stake because of a few hours lost on some paypal transfers?
Well here's my reaction:
Are you serious?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

We take all forms of credit cards, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and Discovery, but they ALL process through paypal.

I'm currently having my IT department figure out some alternative to taking payments, but I'm literally frozen in place at the moment.

shouldn't the free market then find a new way of doing business? you are after all not alone. It is unfortunate to business what is going on but that is the target regardless so businesses will be affected. I wonder if this is false flag to cripple business to prop up assange. no matter the intention that is the effect. I used to make some money off paypal so i would be pissed too. at the same time, wow they got to paypal, would tptb do something like that against themselves? it would certainly be stepping it up

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I would love to see the reactions of those people who are telling me to suck it up and quit whining if their lives were at stake instead of mine and my children's.

Luckily I'm a smart business owner and have found an alternative so this mess will be solved shortly.

~Keeper

What is the alternative to PalPal?? I use "ShareIt" -- but they can't handle all those who would leave PayPal, MC, and VISA

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reminds me of those wto protests that end up doing nothing but smashing the windows of local business. then again, think of it this way, if paypal can do what they did to wikileaks, how long was it till they dropped you too. or until internet censorship ended up taxing you and regulating your business to death.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Has anyone wondered if all of this garbage is a lead up to massive controls being placed on the net?

Most of the info released is fairly useless stuff and only a half decent "primer" for a conspiracy buff.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I am very glad that there is some coordinated action.
It would be much worse if nothing happened imho.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Amazing! members are actually criticizing the OP for the juvenile acts of some hackers with a Napoleon complex.

Place the responsibility where it belongs. This is the same mentality that blames the rape victim for wearing a short skirt instead of holding her attacker accountable.

Pathetic! absolutely Pathetic.

Fortunately for me, I still remember a world without the internet, wi fi, texting, hacking and rfid chips.

I'll survive just fine when all of this gets shut down because of WL and ANON et al.. The rest of you will simply curl up in the fetal position in a musty basement when your online Halo game gets the axe.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The thread title is at best misleading at worst an outright lie. Everything I'm reading about the attack on paypal indicates that payment transactions were not significantly impacted just traffic to the main page. The discussion has been interesting but the op is bs.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

yeah raise your concerns with paypal not anon they are doing what you the public os america are spose to be doing backing him up wanting the truth but because you now have no money you are losing your spine grow some balls and go for paypal as well for failing to provide a service they say is the most secure of online transactions or go with someone else

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You would probably characterize the acts of the founders -- freedom fighters -- of the USA as "Juvenile Acts".

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Why would we be concerned about your money when more important things are at stake?
And your income being (temporarily!) on hold should mean, what? That those who want to shut Wikileaks down are right and the sheeple who pay taxes to their goverement are not entitled to know what's it doing in their name?

If anything, this whole case reminds of how is easy it is for the state to label someone a "terrorist" and frame him with whatever crime they see fit.

Who in their right mind would honestly believe thousands of those gossip documents would always be kept secret, especially in this day and age of communication?

Oh..it's all Assange's fault..because if it wasn't for Assange, noone else would have done this..

edit on 9-12-2010 by Kenan2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join