It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

im sure there are people that are saying take one for the team baby! but i cant blame ya..id be pissed to..

ive laready asked on a different thread what the purpose is t otake such actions?

doesnt make sense to me..what will it accomplish besides pissing off the average joe that needs access?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
reply to post by Xavialune

think about the logistics for a moment.

Hackers < victims

right and when you have so many 'victims; calling foul and suing a smaller number of individuals (assuming they find ALL the hackers) you would have multiple lawsuits on each hacker at the same time. It would be f'n chaos!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

They will be found. There is no "if".

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

They will be found. There is no "if".

you say that now...its easy to say or write on paper..but the thing is, in practice these things never go to plan. and I would say especially so because if they did try to find and sue every single one it would be a set of lawsuits such as the world has never seen. you cant really make a prediction on it..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I can.

Do you know anyone who works in finance?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

I understand you're in quite the predicament, TTTP, but it is their business that is costing you lost revenue, if anything, I'd have legal attorneys begin pursuing paypal and seeing what they can do to insure that your lost revenue is replaced.

However, Paypal's actions at the same time cannot go unquestioned -- is a DDoS attack appropriate? Maybe not, but what needs to happen is all of these companies and governments who fell at the very idea of political implication, need to be brought to justice -- along with those who made sure Wikileak's financial options we're severed.

Honestly, Anonymous isn't at fault here. Those who oppose freedom are at fault, and they must be brought to justice. If everyone just moseys along, TPTB continue ruling the entire system.

My guess is -- if this thing puts PayPal out of business -- there will be nothing within PayPal to pay off lawsuits they lose -- which will take years to resolve.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I can.

Do you know anyone who works in finance?

now you're just being intentionally vague.

As long as we're making predictions, I'm just going to go ahead and say its likely not very many individuals are going to try to sue the hackers on this.If anything the actual companies will. So paypal, master card, etc. but the original issue at hand was individual business owners trying to use the services filing the lawsuits, was it not? If the companies file lawsuits against the hackers, it may be a little more organized, but they're still going to be dealing with thousands and thousands of lawsuits on their hands, at the same time.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

you have obviously never heard of class action lawsuits.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

You should have *expected* Paypal to go down due to backlash of excessive corruption, and planned accordingly,. Paypal has been an absolutely terrible company from the start, and you made a mistake to continuously rely on them so heavily. Paypal deserves what its getting and it makes me happy to see them suffer. Its time for you to start to sever your relationship with Paypal because the way Paypal does business its only bound to get worse over time.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

For all of those participating in the denial of service attacks being put together by "Anonymous," you might want to consider that a guy who took down various politicians' websites with DDoS attacks just got 30 months in prison -- along with over $50,000 in fines and 3 additional years of "supervised release." This certainly seems like punishment way out of line with the actual actions, but in this day and age of law enforcement and the legal system not really understanding technology, it's not all that surprising.

Source

If this ends up getting enough TV coverage, or irks the right politician, 7 proxies suddenly won't feel so secure I think.

~Heff

link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

You should have *expected* Paypal to go down due to backlash of excessive corruption, and planned accordingly,. Paypal has been an absolutely terrible company from the start, and you made a mistake to continuously rely on them so heavily. Paypal deserves what its getting and it makes me happy to see them suffer. Its time for you to start to sever your relationship with Paypal because the way Paypal does business its only bound to get worse over time.

so says the tracked hacker.

link   

Can people stop calling them hackers, they are script kiddes nothing more. Most of them probably don't even know what a proxy is.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

For all of those participating in the denial of service attacks being put together by "Anonymous," you might want to consider that a guy who took down various politicians' websites with DDoS attacks just got 30 months in prison -- along with over $50,000 in fines and 3 additional years of "supervised release." This certainly seems like punishment way out of line with the actual actions, but in this day and age of law enforcement and the legal system not really understanding technology, it's not all that surprising.

Source

If this ends up getting enough TV coverage, or irks the right politician, 7 proxies suddenly won't feel so secure I think.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I have to pose a question here:

With Paypal, VISA and Mastercard all going down,
will this affect the DOW tomorrow ???
Could this literally be the beginning of
the crash everybody has envisioned
for over 2 yrs ???

Terminator Thursday ???

edit on 12/8/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Oh, just wait till they hit the NYSE. Rumors were they were waiting for the servers to open for business and they are gonna slam em.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I have to pose a question here:

With Paypal, VISA and Mastercard all going down,
will this affect the DOW tomorrow ???
Could this literally be the beginning of
the crash everybody has envisioned
for over 2 yrs ???

Terminator Thursday ???

edit on 12/8/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Oh, just wait till they hit the NYSE. Rumors were they were waiting for the servers to open for business and they are gonna slam em.

and every single slammer is being tracked.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Unfortunately, this is the whole point of the DDOS attacks on Paypal/Visa/Mastercard etc. Just taking out their services for a few hours would be no good, unless there is something to disrupt: in this case, it's these companies customers. Having nagging emails and phone calls is somewhat going to bother these companies. The whole point of the exercise imo.

Anon have actually said that they don't intend to keep this going forever, but just to give these companies a wake up call that they won't be so easily pushed over.

And to solely rely on Paypal for all your transactions?
edit on 9-12-2010 by Neutradol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

and every single slammer is being tracked.

And so is every tracker being tracked as well?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

To be honest with you, since the beginning of this, i expected for there to be backlashes. It always is when things are exposed. In fact, i expected things to be much, much worse, i'm surprised people are not rioting on the streets. The world that has been built around you, all of it's infrastructure, consists of lies and deceit. So ofcourse as things progress, you will lose some of those things.

If fact this is just where things need to go, going to be impossible to sit on the sidelines soon. This will get the attention of even the couch potatoes.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

you have obviously never heard of class action lawsuits.

ahh. No I had not. I will give you that, then, but now I ask you what would the group of people suing get out of these guys? No disrespect to the hackers as a whole but I'd venture to say that it may be likely most of them don't have much money. Honestly what good is it going to sue for money they probably dont have anyway? It wont stop more hackers from uniting and doing what these guys are doing right now.

look, it sucks that Op and those like him have suffered because of this, but as others have pointed out, he should have had a backup and some other form of payment. Services like paypal are never infallible. If he has lost revenue by not ensuring backup methods of payment, that is his own fault.

The ball is already rolling. Whether or not the tyrants or the citizens will come out on top has yet to be seen. is this going to help? we dont know..maybe not in the short term..only time will tell. But I personally commend Anon for their efforts, despite the casualties business owners have been hit by, despite the fact many of them are probably stupid tweens, despite all that crap.

By the way, I get paid by paypal too. I worked in california for a brief time and when I skidaddled back home they started paying me through that. so while I've not been denied any payments or necessarily lost any money, if one of my pay periods had ended on a day/at a time paypal was being attacked, it would have been delayed. It could matter for paying bills on time and whatnot, but you know what? I think its a necessary evil. I guess I have my opinion and you have yours.

its 6am... i'll reply again when I've had some sleep.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
PayPal processes all payment though CyberSource. CyberSource was bought this past April for 2-Bil Cash. Visa is planning a worldwide online payment system. Better than PayPal. Visa cut the CEO of eBay out of the deal. As a matter of fact they did not tell him at all. Paypals Days are limited now that Visa owns CyberSource. I read this on Bloomberg this last April. So you just might as well get busy on finding different payment solutions, don’t just have one have several.

Some of you have misconceptions of about card processing. Banks are not the only way. There are lots of private companies that own their own gateways and process though shared clearing houses all you need is the bank account. You don’t need the bank to process the card( that is the most expensive route) A good example is Cost-Co also Pick up USA today and read the classifieds there are many processors out there that will charge 1.9 percent on $200 ticket. It’s very competitive now. The key is how many transactions you process per day the lower the transactions the higher your discount rate. The more transactions the lesser the discount rate. It’s also based on the amount of your ticket sales, and your returned merchandice. If you have a low return in merchandice you reveice a better rate. But still, any of these companies will beat PayPal hands down anyday of the week. Also most of these processors have software give you for free for processing your payments;some will set you up with your own payment gateway website for free. They want your business.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join