It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
Which is better: You not getting the money needed so you can indulge in luxury, or wikileaks releasing evidence of corruption, child-sex trade, and other obscene crap?

"Oh, i'll support wikileaks, after all, the reverberations of the scandals will not affect me directly. The world has the right to know!"

"Oh, i'm not supporting them anymore, since the fire is reaching my establishment, i'd rather live a sheep life, with my luxuries
"
edit on 8-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

wow, little red book, much?

where are you, 1970?

you be singing a different tune if someone came and took your pc, eh?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Same as in the war of independence.

Oh and uh, depends on the purpose. But you're taking things out of context, anon kids won't materialise in my house and take my pc away

edit on 9-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

You realize the money orders cost money to my company and the customer right?

Finding alternatives will make my prices skyrocket.

How is that beneficial to me or my customer?

I am currently beating my competitors because I can offer a great service CHEAP.

Are you saying that paying 69 cents for a money order will break your company? Paypal takes out money from the transaction too. What's the big deal? A checking account also cost money with fees, etc. I don't really see any difference in changing the way you do a transaction. All transactions require some sort of "handling fee".

Ah....I see you have found an alternative. This is good news.

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Why not integrate an Authorize.net gateway, or try another prover such as Alert Pay?

You will save money, and not take part in the criminal organization known as Paypal.

It may take some time to transition, but in the end it will be all worth it.

To hell with Paypal.

Yup that's what we are doing.

I have my IT department to thank for taking notice and finding an alternative prior to this whole thing starting. I wasn't made aware they were working on something else until about 20 mins ago.

Needless to say, everybody in that department is getting a raise.

~Keeper

Maybe get the word around to other folks that are having this problem. Like the other guy said "to hell with paypal." They should not have made politics a platform and a condition of service. Suppose other financial institutions started interjecting their personal opinions about you and adding fees according to those whims?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm trying to figure out how you complaining about this for two days and doing nothing to help yourself is anyone's fault but your own? I know for a fact you knew this was happening last night... You had all day to change your website to allow your customers to purchase your products from another vendor... But instead you whined about it all day on ATS and then did absolutely nothing to protect yourself or your customers…

Which forces me to call either BS, or complete stupidity on your part... because I know people told you of at least two other online payment processing centers and you chose, yes you chose… to do nothing but complain and die... with an attitude like that I surprised you have a job at all and are not collecting foods stamps complaining how if only people would do things your way, your life would be so much better.

Zero compassion for those who are informed and still do nothing to save/protect themselves.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I feel for both Paypal and its users, more so that are dependent on the income and flexibilities it brings to enhance commercial activities. And the DOS attacks had harmed many an honest commercial trader. I honestly and sincerely feel for them all.

Your words are hollow because you go on to justify just such actions in the rest of your speech.

But there comes a point when one must wake up to what is going on. There is a bigger picture at play and it lasts a far longer term than the value of the paper or money it brings.

And that time for you is now. It is time for you to wake up from the emotional attachment that WL is some sort of noble freedom fighter. There are a half dozen threads at least on ATS pointing out the evidences, inconstancies, and in their actions and the sound reason and logic as to why they are a CIA construct yet you and the rest of the fan boys have bought the BS hook line and sinker and now advocate harming others based on your emotional attachment to a phony cause.

Today, an innocent man was placed on the wanted list, labelled as a terrorists and treated as a criminal. He had been denied of a fair trial to determine crime if any and yet heaped for thrash for only merely telling the truth, as is his right and freedom within the sacred US Constitution and the UN Declaration of Universal Human rights.

Really? And this is just another part of the reuse to keep all the fan boys emotionally attached to the phoney cause, its Psy Op! First they create a cause then they create a martyr to really cement the fan boys to the cause. I guess it doesn't bother you the guys is for the wars and doesn't believe in the 9/11 conspiracy. Sound familiar Kind of like the governments party line.... Hmmm... Or that nothing he has put out has been anything significant or helped the cause of freedom in any way, but he keeps dangling the carrot that the good stuff is yet to come. Oh but you ignore all that cause now you're too emotionally invested in the whole scam... Sigh!

Not only that, he had been denied of assistance in any form, including the services that you had been using.

Today, it is him. Tomorrow it may be you, if the authoritarians decides that you whimpers of taxations are a threat to them. Who gave them such powers???? That's where the bigger picture lays. The political infrastructure needs to be taken down and changed before true honest commerce can continue on for generaions, or many more will only be harmed.

They can deny anyone service anytime they want because they are a private business. There is no absolute right to use the services of a private business if they don't want to sell them to you. And how does harming me and millions of others means of lively hood prevent them from that? Where is the logic in denying us services we pay for helping us? And prevent them from exercising their right as a private business to offer their services to whom ever they choose?

We must look further beyond the length of noses if we are to live this life.

You mean like beyond our emotional attachment to the phony cause of the week?

House slaves had been known to support their masters, for they get to be fed off the crumbs from the masters table. But field hands had to survive with hunger or scraps from the field including feeding off mice. This is not the way for mankind to live for ALL men are born equal. Take back your birthright and let not the few whom had grown obscenely rich off the backs of mankind determine how you should live.

Nice speech but what does it have to do with this situation? Nothing! I wonder if you have a clue what your talking about and if your livelihood depended on these companies how you'd feel then. The banks are ripping off everyone who has a mortgage so what your suggesting is akin to everyone burning down their houses and putting their families in the street and saying yeah that will fix them banks and their phony mortgages. No offense but please leave the strategy for changing thing to folks with keener minds!

In the meantime, find other ways to connect and continue commerce while the big boys play their games, a game that had riled up a fed-up humanity.

Good luck.

In the mean time folks should not be messing with other peoples private property and freedom to do business with whom they please in the name of some phony cause and committing criminal acts to do it! There are better ways and it can't be fixed over night especially not by hurting millions of innocent people we need allies not enemies.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

No no no! Paypal is a private business WL was using paypals services and equipment IOW thier private property at the graces of paypal the owner. Paypal has the right to stop Anyone they choose from using thier private property THEY DON'T NEED A REASON IT IS THEIR PROPERTY. Anon are messing with paypals private property and services preventing thier function they have no right to mess with other peoples property they do not own. Just like it you try to prevent me from using may car or my house you are the criminal because you don't have a right over my property period. This the is the problem today with all the marxist indoctrination seems to be prevalent with the little wikileaks fan boys....

I'm a girl.

It doesn't matter though, read what the others have been posting if you don;t believe me. This is an infowar and as with all wars some people are going to suffer whether we like it or not. Whether we like it or not, Anon is doing what they are doing, We cannot make the call what effect this will have in the long run. But seeker brought up a very good point, there is a much bigger picture here.

Let's take a hypothetical situation some argue may be in our future if we don't stand up to TPTB:

Say the government makes everyone take an RFID chip. Say also that without this chip you cannot buy or sell anything. One day for whatever reason, the government just decides to shut off your chip. Maybe you spoke out against the government for some reason. Now then, you'd be pretty pissed wouldn't you? After all, no one should tell you who you can and cant do business with right?

Perhaps this is in our future if someone, anyone, doesn't stand up and do something.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Thanks for your response and sharing of how you feel about the issue.

I will no attempt to dissect your post piecemeal with irrational responses as you had done to mine. I am only saddened that you had taken my response and reacted negatively to it instead of taking time to rationalise logically my efforts.

But then, you are only one person, and within your rights and free will to response as you did, emotional pain over the loss of that pieces of paper you claimed lost which if you had acted proactively by seeking other sources, you would have gained much more.

I know that it will be impossible to change your set mind, for greed often overcomes one nature of solidarity and good sense, to deride othes who are making a stand. It is not only you that I am attempting to reach out, but others who are more rational and not filled with greed that they would kneel before tyranny.

I wish you good day and may what happened to Julian will never happen to you one day.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The bunch of threads pointing out the inconsistencies with WL bla bla...

No go until you provide sources. Where is your source that he supports the wars? I am not saying it isn't true, it may very well be, but you should know by now on ATS you can't just make those claims without backup.

I've been reading the Wl threads. I don't really see a whole lot worthy of note besides speculation that WL is a psy-ops. Make a convincing argument and I might reconsider. Until you can do that, quit whining and find another form of payment.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to point out that this ANON group which is apparently "helping" by doing DDOS attacks on Paypal are hurting businesses all accross the world.

Mine for example.

Our payment transaction systems are all done through Paypal and as of about 3 hours ago I am unable to collect payments from my customer's in any sort of way.

Way to go ANON. I'm officially NOT supporting you anymore.

~Keeper
edit on 12/8/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Saw that comin'.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
TTTP, File a complaint against paypal, and tell them that their actions have caused a backlash of hatred, effectively hurting your revenue.

I'd file a lawsuit against paypal if you could find anything worth while.

My IT department have been on a bridge call for over 2 hours with Paypal, they are stating they aren't responsible as it's an attack on their servers.

They haven't given me a time frame of when the issue will be resolved.

~Keeper

a lawsuit against the hackers would be better suited IMHO

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

TTTP, File a complaint against paypal, and tell them that their actions have caused a backlash of hatred, effectively hurting your revenue.

My IT department have been on a bridge call for over 2 hours with Paypal, they are stating they aren't responsible as it's an attack on their servers.

~Keeper

Are you seriously suggesting suing somone you can't locate? and who knows how many people are involved..I did see a number posted here on ATS about their membership being something of 9000, but I don't think I have a way of verifying that unfortunately as I am not involved with Anon. Even so, even if there were only 1000, are you going to sue 1000 people? lol

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
OP.
I feel for you.
But, surely you had an alternative for payments. Anon is not the only thing that crashed sites or servers. I would have thought that running a business would have entailed backups or alternatives? Is Propay still going?

But anyway.
As for paypal.

*snip*
edit on Thu, 09 Dec 2010 10:01:44 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: snipped profane image

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Xavialune, love your Avatar, i didnt know i was being filmed,

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune

~Keeper

Are you seriously suggesting suing somone you can't locate? and who knows how many people are involved..I did see a number posted here on ATS about their membership being something of 9000, but I don't think I have a way of verifying that unfortunately as I am not involved with Anon. Even so, even if there were only 1000, are you going to sue 1000 people? lol

ummmm .... dude?

hackers can be located. Its 2010, not 2001.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune

~Keeper

ummmm .... dude?

hackers can be located. Its 2010, not 2001.

we'll see about that. but even if one is found, the sheer number of them...are you going to sue them ALL?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

sure, why not?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I think it would be prudent to mention that hackers can be traced.

I wonder what would happen when they try to apply for a loan?

I would say it would be a safe bet that they won't get one. What about a job that does credit background checks ?
edit on 9-12-2010 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The anti-establishment crowd has always glorified crime and violence (in this case cyber-violence). ANON is no different, except that they are not in the open but stab people in the back most unexpectedly.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

sure, why not?

the logistics of that, I imagine, would make it impossible to carry out. sure you can say 'why not' in theory. but it would be chaos, and no one on either side would wanr to deal with it, in practice.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

think about the logistics for a moment.

Hackers < victims

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join