It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I seem to recall when paypal shut down all the sellers on ebay who had poor credit, by FORCING everyone to use paypal, or else. It was a distinct lockstep with the beast maneuver. No cred? No ebay, period. I have no sympathy for them. You could see it coming two years before the crash, and paypal took deliberate steps to make it so that no one buys or sells who doesn't use their brand, or mark.

You are going to be really pissed when the satellites are brought down. Oh, and next year, there probably won't be any Christmas, because the new thing you are supposed to go after is a TV set in your computer (just what I wanted, awesome), but china controls all the rare earth elements that give you the colors you see. The real war is going to be over all the military apps that these elements yield, however. That's how they see through walls in your house.

edit on 9-12-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Who owns Ebay?

The answer might interest you.

~Keeper

Lol why dont you enlighten me and show some factual data to back up your contention google owns ebay.

I cant wait for this.

I will save you the time. Google does not own ebay.
edit on 9-12-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ok to all the idiots claiming paypal shouldn't have gotten involved in politics they are a private business they can decide who they offer service to or not. The alternatives to paypal don't hold a candle to thier service believe me most of us have tried. Which one of you who are saying this BS has started thier own business from scratch and starved while trying to get it off the ground? Or is Mommy and Daddy paying for your school, or are you working for someone else who went through all the trouble to start a business so you could have a job?

Grow the fack up! This is serious! Yeah there will be a lot of angry people but they will be angry at the punks like you who supported this crap, and at WL, and will holler for lock down of the Net so this sh!t can't happen again. Congratulations you just helped the rogue government steal another freedom!

In the mean time people like me who lost a job over a year ago and has been struggling to start a business in this economy, who is doing handyman work and even putting up Christmas lights right now for people to make ends meet while I try and build this business into being able to support us fully will loose it. You are messing with my family now and I am pissed so don't preach to me about how paypal shouldn't do what they have done from your smug little ill informed emotional idiocy...

People need to think things through and stop reacting to every little thing this is how they manipulate you and you fall for it like weak minded fools...

edit on 9-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black

I seem to recall when paypal shut down all the sellers on ebay who had poor credit, by FORCING everyone to use paypal, or else. It was a distinct lockstep with the beast maneuver. No cred? No ebay, period. I have no sympathy for them.

You are going to be really pissed when the satellites are brought down.

hmmm...i'm interested in this because My credit is crap..and I can still use ebay? or is this not in effect anymore?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
You are going to be really pissed when the satellites are brought down.

Oh crap

my mom won't get to see Judge Judy or
Nancy Grace on SAT !!!!

talkin bout wrath ????

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

edit on 9-12-2010 by HollowJacket because: divided by 0

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

It's easy to blame anon and to them to take credit for all these DDoS attacks. But the truth is that anon is mostly script kiddies who download apps that just put them into a botnet. There is really no "doing" involved.

Not standing up for them in any way, to be clear. I agree with their views on a free Internet and can engage well with some of the old school folks from that community. But the vast majority are tweens who have limited knowledge of anything beyond the moment.

Now those who herd the botnets... Well they are in control. And they get paid a LOT of money. And they don't tend to provide their services for free. I suspect that there is a money trail to be found in this, somewhere.

~Heff
edit on 12/8/10 by Hefficide because: sp

Now I used to be a hacker back in the day, cant say I do or don't still "explore" the concept of security holes. But script kiddies in the hacker community is VERY frowned upon. We HATE fakes, if your going to be a hacker then be a hacker and not be a fake is what we say. But I do feel sorry for the man who's claiming to lose "thousands" every hour. But the reason anon (not the real groups name btw) is mainly due to making a stance. Like protesting in a way. You can go out and protest but...what good does that do? No one's going to listen. So when you make internet traffic to certain websites stop then people start to listen, and ask what's going on. It's mainly not the hackers fault it really isn't. It's mainly the people who sit behind the desks who think they are "cool" because they went to college to get a degree in networking. College doesn't teach you hacking it teaches you what to do in case of a certain attack. Mainly I'm saying it's Visa's fault they can PREVENT such attack. Simple routing traffic script can be ran to prevent the critical servers from being attacked. But they say back and the longer you sit back the worst it gets. Thus you can see why you can't access the website.

And really there isn't much of a powerful "script" kiddie out there that can do large scale damage like this. It takes a group of about..20 to 30 "script" kiddies to do something like Visa, Skilled hackers a group of 2-5 would work simple. IBM hires a lot of hackers notice IBM doesn't have many issues with their servers.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by 12voltz
Yeah so much for a nuclear armageddon ,now we cant buy stuff online.Who would have thought?

Then this is the luckiest day of your life.

Wake up, smell the roses and be grateful for all the things that don't cost money.

I'm loving this.

The more you have, the more you can lose. If you cannot prepare for the bad times and accept them when they come, then only expecting good times is unrealistic.

C'est la vie.

edit on 8/12/2010 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

Yes, the best things are free. That's why the termites in government are making it impossible to get away from the smart (monitoring) grid, why they are taxing small farms into oblivion by taxing dust, why monsanto is in control of the food, why laws are being proposed that make it against the law to turn your useless lawn into a food source, why gov is seizing your land if you don't use their utilities and live 'too simply'...a thing that took me half my life to desire as being the best thing in life is now against the law???

I realize that nobody agrees with this, but last year 'someone' shut down the government for almost two weeks. It was the best possible thing that could have happened. It was on account of snow, and at the moment the termites were busy shoving more global warming down our throats. It was terrible. The pols had to stay home and pursue their menus of vice and hypocrisy with both of their ham fisted paws, unable to strut their perfidy in the government temples! For two weeks!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

yeah thanks mother nature or HAARP or whatever you want to throw at the wolves to devour and get this thread off topic
edit on 9-12-2010 by HollowJacket because: divided by 0

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Ok to all the idiots claiming paypal shouldn't have gotten involved in politics they are a private business they can decide who they offer service to or not. The alternatives to paypal don't hold a candle to thier service believe me most of us have tried. Which one of you who are saying this BS has started thier own business from scratch and starved while trying to get it off the ground? Or is Mommy and Daddy paying for your school, or are you working for someone else who went through all the trouble to start a business so you could have a job?

Don't talk down to people like you're on some high mighty horse because you've 'started from scratch' and had some hard luck. you're not the only person in that boat and you won't be the last. Personally I HAVE done my own business related ventures and I dont see the point in using that as an excuse to sit back and let things go on all hunky dory like they are now, never changing because you percieve that this change will ruin you. Will it? maybe. But maybe not.. Paypal isnt the end all be all, there are other ways and if more people supported those alternative ways, those companies who DONT get involved in politics would be able to rival the 'service' of paypal. They may be a private business who can refuse service to anyone they want but there are CONSEQUENCES to that just as there will be consequences for supporting such a company.

Grow the fack up! This is serious! Yeah there will be a lot of angry people but they will be angry at the punks like you who supported this crap, and at WL, and will holler for lock down of the Net so this sh!t can't happen again. Congratulations you just helped the rogue government steal another freedom!

Perhaps they will try, but as many others have pointed out it will be akin to trying to lock down piracy. They will never realistically achieve it...and if more and more internet freedoms are taken away more and more people are going to wake up despite the amount of people who may be calling for more locks..the internet is not a force to be messing around with. China has tried it, and failed miserably. If hypothetcially they lock down the web globally, they're going to have a lot more problems than some angry Anons to deal with..

In the mean time people like me who lost a job over a year ago and has been struggling to start a business in this economy, who is doing handyman work and even putting up Christmas lights right now for people to make ends meet while I try and build this business into being able to support us fully will loose it. You are messing with my family now and I am pissed so don't preach to me about how paypal shouldn't do what they have done from your smug little ill informed emotional idiocy...

yes we all know now how hard you've got it..you're talking like you're in some kind of minority. I think the majority of us here have it pretty godamn hard, wouldn't you think? I was friggin homeless for a year, mate. and as of now I dont think you know what that feels like so don't preach to me about hard times. As I said paypal is a private business but there are consequences for every action and they have seriously underestimated what is going down right now. Is it a government plot? you know what, it might be, but to be honest, I really don't think the governments of the world or the USA are that clever. If they wanted to lock down the net, they'd have done it by now.

People need to think things through and stop reacting to every little thing this is how they manipulate you and you fall for it like weak minded fools...

Is it weak minded to stand up and fight against corruption and suffer some casualties in the process or is it weak minded to want the tyranny to continue based on fear?
edit on 9-12-2010 by Xavialune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

Recently I lurked and watched an anon attack, from one board to another. The "staging" consisted of quite a number of users downloading an .exe file, and then bragging as their machines did the work.

This qualifies as "script kiddies", no?

I am very familiar with DDoS attacks and am well versed on how they operate. ICMP, newk, smurf, the ping of death... It's all, basically, the same. Packet storm a server and clog ports.

Needless to say, as somebody who learned a few things back in the old days of IRC... I just wasn't impressed with the concept of downloading an executable packet app, joining a bot-net, and then being used as a front line soldier in an attack that is being remotely controlled by someone, somewhere, who is orchestrating that attack while keeping their own IP quite safely tucked away behind his tween warriors.

The people behind the attack know what they are doing... the bots do not. And, from personal experience, the people who farm these bots aren't wont to utilize their networks for free.

Just my thoughts.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

Can you tell me where you and all who think like you have been for the last I don't know how many years? What wikileaks just suddenly made you open up your eyes and realize all this in the past week???? And if I may ask one more question just last week you were freaking out how someone was watching you in your parents house where you live? And yet you've been homeless for a year? Sorry don't mean to belittle you just alot of things don't add up for me? You seem to want to be all wise and knowing yet at times act like a scared juvenile?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by 12voltz
Yeah so much for a nuclear armageddon ,now we cant buy stuff online.Who would have thought?

Then this is the luckiest day of your life.

Wake up, smell the roses and be grateful for all the things that don't cost money.

I'm loving this.

The more you have, the more you can lose. If you cannot prepare for the bad times and accept them when they come, then only expecting good times is unrealistic.

C'est la vie.

edit on 8/12/2010 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

Not really iv'e been long prepared ,and my comment doesn't reflect my own situation ,Are you prepared ,hows that power and water supply going?.I am not reliant on any services, are you?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Can you tell me where you and all who think like you have been for the last I don't know how many years? What wikileaks just suddenly made you open up your eyes and realize all this in the past week???? And if I may ask one more question just last week you were freaking out how someone was watching you in your parents house where you live? And yet you've been homeless for a year? Sorry don't mean to belittle you just alot of things don't add up for me? You seem to want to be all wise and knowing yet at times act like a scared juvenile?

I was homeless for a year, yes. PAST TENSE. Without going into a lot of personal detail, I now live with my (slightly estranged) family (weird situation). I only went there because I could not continue on as I was.

What do you mean where have I been?

No, wikileaks didnt just make me realize this. I've been lurking around for quite some time, around ATS and other places. I only recently began to actually POST. And what is it you mean by saying 'all those who think like you'? Is that an indirect insult?

Not a scared juvenile. yes, I WAS quite disturbed by the events of the van..on that note I have followed up with the police and there IS a very real threat going on in my neighborhood...is it the government? Well as some people raised some very good points, probably not. But with everything going on in the recent weeks I couldnt be too sure. I am being ever vigilent because it seems we have some criminals going round our town/city/outskirts. But thats a different topic, really.

I hope youre not insinuating that I believe myself to be 'all wise and knowing'. Quite the contrary really. I believe in freedom, justice, and seeking knowledge. I will never claim to know everything about anything because that just isnt possible. I dont really know what you're getting at, as with anything on the net it is sometimes difficult to percieve what people mean by their text alone.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I work 60+ hours a week to help pay for system that constantly lies to me and wants to restrict my freedoms too.

This will also affect me and my family.

But in war you have hard times ahead that makes you see the real priorities in life. And that does not include buying more new stuff that you dont need that helps to keep you in financial servitude.

Its family, friends, a roof and some food.

The rest is surface crap.

This will hurt me too. But I say bring it on because I want my kids to live in a world where truth reigns and not one where they are in bondage by the few who blind us with lies.

I love your threads tttp, but you have lost all respect in my eyes.

Taking one for the truth is much more preferable than being lied too.

Unless of course you like your gilded cage?

Its all good until it gets real huh?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

good luck tracking down someone hiding behind 7 proxy servers.
Also think about the thousands of people you'd be messing with.
Now think of those thousands of kids and they're focused on you.
I don't mess with anonymous for a reason, cause I've seen the causalities.

two words

Tuff Luck

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Don't talk down to people like you're on some high mighty horse because you've 'started from scratch' and had some hard luck. you're not the only person in that boat and you won't be the last. Personally I HAVE done my own business related ventures and I dont see the point in using that as an excuse to sit back and let things go on all hunky dory like they are now, never changing because you percieve that this change will ruin you. Will it? maybe. But maybe not.. Paypal isnt the end all be all, there are other ways and if more people supported those alternative ways, those companies who DONT get involved in politics would be able to rival the 'service' of paypal. They may be a private business who can refuse service to anyone they want but there are CONSEQUENCES to that just as there will be consequences for supporting such a company.

Who the eff are you to tell me who I can do business with??? And who the eff are you to dare to interrupt my business? You don't like paypal fine don't do business with them that is your prerogative, but don't tell me I can't and damn sure don't try and physically prevent me or I will kick your smarmy ass if you were standing in front of a business I was trying to use! This is the same thing just in cyber space. Once you do more then take your business elsewhere and try to physically prevent others from doing business with a company you have crossed over the line. You can protest a business but you have no right to physically stop others from doing business with them if they don't agree with you.

And as for change what have you done? I have been at the patriot game for 20+ years from all angles, from the courts, to presidential campaigns, to sovereign law, and what have you done? Sat here and rooted for a CIA construct that has a caused a bunch of dumb kids to mess with peoples lively hoods and taken food off their kids tables? Don't preach to me chump I'll get on my high horse anytime I feel the need when someone advocates taking food off my families table!

Is it weak minded to stand up and fight against corruption and suffer some casualties in the process or is it weak minded to want the tyranny to continue based on fear?

It is weak minded to not know who your fighting and doing nothing but sit behind a computer and egg on the the enemy thinking he is on your side. Do fools really think they are going to bring down paypal and Visa etc. with an attack like this??? No this will just give them more excuse to try and control us further and the only people who get hurt are the millions like me...

Know your enemy and how to effectively fight him without slaughtering you allies or you will become the enemy.... Sigh what a bunch of friggen idiots!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I would love to see the reactions of those people who are telling me to suck it up and quit whining if their lives were at stake instead of mine and my children's.

Luckily I'm a smart business owner and have found an alternative so this mess will be solved shortly.

~Keeper

Survival of the fittest come to mind.
I thought that's what every one here was all about

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by beholdblight
reply to post by jaynkeel

good luck tracking down someone hiding behind 7 proxy servers.
Also think about the thousands of people you'd be messing with.
Now think of those thousands of kids and they're focused on you.
I don't mess with anonymous for a reason, cause I've seen the causalities.

two words

Tuff Luck

It shows the generational gap between those in charge (including those of big companies) and those of us net users who know what Anon is capable of. If anon's wrath is directed at an individual, they can ruin lives and they have. If these big companies had known that and put two and two together (by realizing their actions could incite an attack), I wonder whether or not they would have thought twice...Even if its just puppet tweens herded by a few knowing indivisuals, still...it looks like someone didn't do their homework.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Paypal isn't the only game in town. Why should you honor their monopoly? Open other accesses. There is always money orders. C.O.D.'s ...Find another way.

And why is it you think you have the right to tell people who they can do business with and even prevent them from doing business with cyber attacks? I bet you think your a freedom fighter too... Sigh!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join