It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
reply to post by Xavialune

you have obviously never heard of class action lawsuits.

And you obviously have no clue how they work. Under both the Federal Rules (FRCP) and state procedural rules, a class action is where one person sues someone and tries to get the court to certify that the plaintiff is entitled to represent a class of similarly situated people who are too numerous to join as plaintiffs under the joinder rules or are to hard to individually identify. It is NOT where one person sues thousands as a class. If the rules relating to jurisdiction and venue allowed, PP could sue several people who lived in the same place in the same lawsuit. But that is very unlikely. If there is one thing big corps like less than DDoS attacks, it is paying hordes of lawyers.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Where is your proof? WHAT IS YOUR BIZ AND WEBSITE? I own my own biz and its not wise to go through only one pay provider, as you now know.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Tothetenthpower is right. Paypal is not about Paypal. It's about the thousands of small businesses that use the service. DDOSing paypal only hurts small business.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Tothetenthpower is right. Paypal is not about Paypal. It's about the thousands of small businesses that use the service. DDOSing paypal only hurts small business.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

question the wisdom of relying entirely on a single third party without any backup method of payment Thankyou for bringing this up here. I too believe that the OP must bear a certain amount of responsibility for his unwillingness to have a redundant payment option in place. Its like driving an automobile around without a spare tire. Eventually you will get caught with your "shorts down".

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
...Way to go ANON. I'm officially NOT supporting you anymore.

~Keeper
edit on 12/8/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

The actions of our govt. have been hurting peoples' businesses (think about the travel industry). Have you stopped supporting the govt. and companies responsible for that? Your account is/was caught in the small skirmish crossfire. Focus on the big picture or you may see your opportunity to do business on the net, as a small businessman, go away…subverted by large corporations that want no challenge to making money.

Don't be herded. Be the herder.
edit on 12-12-2010 by thepixelpusher because: typo

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

The issue I have is theyre hurting others as collateral damage in their attacks, innocent people that could care less about this...
Sounds like terrorisim to me...

Yeah, yeah, sounds like terroism. That's the label assigned to everything that opposes you and your putrid government.

edit on 12-12-2010 by The Ghost Who Walks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Not misguided at all, also if the question wasn't directed at you why answer it? The fact that this information hasn't been refruted should make you even more suspicious, the USA doesn't let anyone get away with anything especially not this guy. So why allow him to do it? It must be because the US wants to have the world in the loop of all their secret affairs right? I mean we've known about Assange so long, why let him go this far? You can go ahead and think this is for the "good" of the people, i'll keep going on thinking that Assange is just another player in their foolish game of chess.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Finally someone who isn't brown nosing Assange! Horray! Star for you. Why people don't ask these questions baffles me, just cause some unassuming dork is presenting the information no one cares to know more about him. They're fine with taking this information at face value when then don't even care to think who will benefit from it. Like I said once and will say again the USA DOESN'T LET # GO ON UNLESS THEY WANT IT TOO! Geez that felt good, but seriously people how naive can you be? Since when does someone say their going to do something months if not years before they actually do it and this information is going to be "damaging" to the USA yet he still gets it out?? I call bull# or asshole depending the card game your playing! Common people get over it there's more to this then someone just "wanting" to put out information, also by what anonymous has shown us if Assange is involved with these people to me their no different then any other common terrorist.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think it's called 'collateral damage'.

The people in Afghanistan and Iraq know all about it.

edit on 12-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Wow you just made up of a word, have fun finding autofailed in a dictionary, philosopher.
edit on 12-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I am a HUGE proponent of free speech. I am no friend of the Government nor of corporations. But, having said that...

An attack that effects the people more than it effects the target is ill advised.

Like the illegal attacks on the Iraqis and the Afghans?

To be honest Pay Pal being down for a short period of time probably isn't the end of the world for anyone... But it surely could have harmed innocents. Imagine a young mother who was waiting for money to buy formula with that money, or the infant who could have been waiting to eat. Imagine a scared young woman, sitting at a bus station, waiting for funds to go through so she could find her way back home. Imagine a lot of things that could have happened. Because, in reality, something like these examples probably did occur today.
~Heff
edit on 12/9/10 by Hefficide because: flow

Meamwjhile, in Iraq, Afghanistan and Palistine innocent people lost their lives today, others had their homes demolished, others had nothing to eat, others had no medical care, others have lost their minds out of fear from the bombings - others are struggling to survive the terrirble damage from DU weapon use, others died of hunger.

The OP was inconvenienced today when payments were disrupted for a few hours, I am sure the young mother waiting to buy formula managed to purchase it later. Even if she didn't her baby will not die from hunger. The women sitting at the bus station has a brain and a tongue, so she can ask directions and she has two feet so she can walk. The same cannot be said of many victims of the war ravaged countries currently still under attack by the US and the Israelis.

Let's not lose perspective on the fact that a few well-fed, safe citizens were inconvenienced for a few hours...all in the cause of others attempting to fight for the freedom of speech which we need to being the Zionazi crimes into the light of day and bring an end to their sadistic rule.

edit on 12-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

So what your saying is when anonymous does a terrorist act it's ok? Is that what your getting at?

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Why is everyone missing this.. THEY DID NOT ATTACK THE TRANSACTION SERVERS... I have done business on Paypal for the last week without 1 single interruption. I have talked to several other like minded folks on PayPal... Not one instance of failure or delay. To the tune of over 200 transactions since Monday....

Its all BS... Op took the opportunity for a PayPal failure...over dramatized it... And made it his own cross to bear.. Simply to make a point.. or for stars and flags.

ANON went after the corporate web site. Basically a shot across the bow.. Period!

If you going to fault ANON for anything, fault them for the ammo they just provided our Governments, to use when they regulate the internet.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Let me get this straight. If a group obstructs a corporation's ability to do business, that said group is now labelled a "terrorist?!" Wow, we have come a long, long way from the good old days when a terrorist was someone who was taking hostages and blowing up planes. . A very slippery slope we are creating for ourselves with this terrorist-everything nonsense.

Food for thought: Most of the people advocating that a DDOS attack is an act of "terrorism" are also laying the framework to label Labor Union strikes as an "act of terrorism!" A slippery slope indeed. .

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Exactly.. If I went into the corner store and slammed the register shut every time the cashier tried to open it and held up the line I'm not a terrorist, just an asshole.
Also they just shut down the main pages, the services still functioned.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Solasis quoting me: ""Many small businesses have folded in this economy while others are struggling to survive. 8 hours could be a severe blow and may even be the final nail. For my self my business is a year old and cannot support us yet so I do handyman and odd jobs to try and stay alive, so missing 8 hours of business is a sever blow.""

Okay so if 8 hours can mean weeks worth of food, then what about the other 16 hours in a day? You continue not to actually explain anything. Just to assert "THIS IS TRUE." And to just blindly insult me, jerk.

So tell me genius who works 24 hours a day? Some of us are not meth addicts and need some sleep. As for explanations I explained it in the post you responded to and you even quoted in responding and I am re quoting it again for the mentally challenged.

but I really cannot comprehend how your business is that precarious. Just goddamn EXPLAIN something for once in this miserable thread. If you were just upset over lost revenue, that would be fine! But no, you are accusing Anon of starving people, and I DON'T SEE HOW THAT'S POSSIBLE. Instead of saying how it's possible you're just going "lol ignorant tard."

Hello Buehler, Buehler??? Food cost money! Depriving people of their ability to make money deprives them of their ability to buy food. And once again to understand how precarious business is in this economy read my explanation quoted again for the 3rd time above which you admit you cannot comprehend hence my comment you have not clue what it is to have others depend on you and a struggling business and obviously no clue how hard it is for millions in this economy because it has not effected you yet. Just when I begin to have hope in humanity again a bunch of ignorant f tards come along in this thread and rip it away... Sigh!

I would love to explain it to you in person but that would probably just get me in trouble and it's not worth it...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by davespanners

Why is everyone missing this.. THEY DID NOT ATTACK THE TRANSACTION SERVERS... I have done business on Paypal for the last week without 1 single interruption. I have talked to several other like minded folks on PayPal... Not one instance of failure or delay. To the tune of over 200 transactions since Monday....

Its all BS... Op took the opportunity for a PayPal failure...over dramatized it... And made it his own cross to bear.. Simply to make a point.. or for stars and flags.

ANON went after the corporate web site. Basically a shot across the bow.. Period!

If you going to fault ANON for anything, fault them for the ammo they just provided our Governments, to use when they regulate the internet.

exactly, it's OVER ! I had a few hours of interuption likely because of the news about it and FEAR which threads like this are only perpetuating. It's over , no harm done and I also only use paypal for processing transactions with no problem at all for 6 years.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I would love to see the reactions of those people who are telling me to suck it up and quit whining if their lives were at stake instead of mine and my children's.

Luckily I'm a smart business owner and have found an alternative so this mess will be solved shortly.

~Keeper

I'm in the same boat as you.
Suck it up and quit whining!
See how quickly you can create alternatives when you put your mind to it

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join