It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ok...

Are you all aware that you have been epically trolled?

The point is not to make a statement or protest or stand in defense of some statement. The point to generate lulz. That's all. Forget all the stuff you've been reading that makes this organization look like some sort of cause oriented group. They aren't. They are a random association of mostly people from 17-34 who only care about getting themselves off.

That guy who's losing thousands of dollars? That's funny, makes me laugh out loud.
The amount of butt-hurt that anon isn't doing things the way you want them too? That too is funny and makes me laugh out loud. All these threads, all the posts, all the sweet delicious tears you are all generating lulz. This thread, people who are posting here, and the entire Operation Payback was brilliant because paypal is a lulzcow.

So why do it? Because life is hard, wear a helmet. Anon isn't hear to please anyone but itself. That's all they are trying to do. Take that idiot "coldblood", you know what's going to happen to him when if he shows his face in the news? Anon will destroy his life. Just because it's funny.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I know this is about to make me sound like a big jerk but:

To the guy who started this thread, I do have to question the wisdom of having your thousands of dollars an hour business being wholly reliant on a single entity to process all transactions. Isn't part of the blame on you for not having a backup in place for such a lucrative business? Surely if your enterprise is raking in that type of dough you'd have the resources to establish some type of failsafe payment method.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I think part of the disagreement is that I can't understand how even one day of interrupted Paypal service can completely wreck someone's livelihood. Paypal was down for, what, a few hours? I can't find many solid numbers -- the best I'm seeing is 8 hours and 15 minutes. That's unfortunate -- but if that completely devastates your livelihood, I'm pretty sure you're doing something poorly in the first place.

I continue to feel that this is the cyber equivalent of a picket line outside of a boycotted store rather than the equivalent of firebombing the same store. It sucks that people who want to shop at that store can't shop there -- but they'll be able to tomorrow. Yes, there is a heavier consequence from this than from a boycott, but it isn't like PayPal is gone. And, again, if a few hours of not being able to do business is going to starve your family... You probably need to manage your finances better.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
Which is better: You not getting the money needed so you can indulge in luxury, or wikileaks releasing evidence of corruption, child-sex trade, and other obscene crap?

"Oh, i'll support wikileaks, after all, the reverberations of the scandals will not affect me directly. The world has the right to know!"

"Oh, i'm not supporting them anymore, since the fire is reaching my establishment, i'd rather live a sheep life, with my luxuries
"
edit on 8-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Hey great idea, so how about you sell your house, your car/truck, your tv, and your computer and donate all of your savings to the legal defense of Julian Assange?

Why dont I support him or his cronies with one cent of my hard earned pay? Because I see this non-sense for what it is. One over rated jerk with a cult following, who really hasnt released any thing "groundbreaking" or noteworthy.

Not all that glitters is gold, not all who wander are lost. - J.R.R Tolkien

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Unfortunately, in war there is casualties.

Of course, Anonymous is going to be made out to look like the bad guy, but what they are doing is for justice.

This isn't a war. Get over yourself. You nor anyone on here is a warrior in the ATS Army or Wikileaks Army. You look like such a weirdo posting that.

"
Unfortunately, in war there is casualties."?????????????? I guess that goes for the dead Iraqis and Afghan's? I winder how many hypocrites are on this board? 80-90%?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
/a/ is helping you, you just think that you need to exploit others through the current economic system.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
reply to post by hawkiye

You probably need to manage your finances better.

really? What about poor economic conditions? Slow business doesn't mean a person isn't managing their finances badly. When people stop shopping as they have been for a while, a complete blockage of your business for 8 hours (a full business day) could devastate the business.

Stop being a "hacktivast" groupie and do something productive.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
Which is better: You not getting the money needed so you can indulge in luxury, or wikileaks releasing evidence of corruption, child-sex trade, and other obscene crap?

"Oh, i'll support wikileaks, after all, the reverberations of the scandals will not affect me directly. The world has the right to know!"

"Oh, i'm not supporting them anymore, since the fire is reaching my establishment, i'd rather live a sheep life, with my luxuries
"
edit on 8-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Hey great idea, so how about you sell your house, your car/truck, your tv, and your computer and donate all of your savings to the legal defense of Julian Assange?

Why dont I support him or his cronies with one cent of my hard earned pay? Because I see this non-sense for what it is. One over rated jerk with a cult following, who really hasnt released any thing "groundbreaking" or noteworthy.

Not all that glitters is gold, not all who wander are lost. - J.R.R Tolkien

It doesn't matter if they haven't released anything earth shattering (which they haven't). It doesn't even matter at this point if it's a psyops project or Assange is a CIA plant. That's not even the point.

The idea is now out. It's about truth and transparency and the oppression of government. It's about pushing back against the government that is no longer OF or FOR the people. It's about the rape-iscans. It's about freedom of speech and press. It's about the oligarchic power of the megacorporations who own you. It's about the telescreens at Wal Mart that tell you to spy on your neighbors. It's about saying we are fed up, that we, the people do count. It's about ideals and the hope for a free society.

It's about the idea of truth. Everything else is auxiliary and of lesser consequence.
edit on 9-12-2010 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop
I know this is about to make me sound like a big jerk but:

To the guy who started this thread, I do have to question the wisdom of having your thousands of dollars an hour business being wholly reliant on a single entity to process all transactions. Isn't part of the blame on you for not having a backup in place for such a lucrative business? Surely if your enterprise is raking in that type of dough you'd have the resources to establish some type of failsafe payment method.

Maybe he has other methods to accept payments. paypal could be a huge part of ones online business these days regardless of other payment methods.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Hey Gang,

Just wanted to point out that this ANON group which is apparently "helping" by doing DDOS attacks on Paypal are hurting businesses all accross the world.

Mine for example.

Our payment transaction systems are all done through Paypal and as of about 3 hours ago I am unable to collect payments from my customer's in any sort of way.

Way to go ANON. I'm officially NOT supporting you anymore.

~Keeper
edit on 12/8/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

So, you place all of your eggs in one basket huh ????
Not a very good business plan now is it !
What would you do if Paypal went into liquidation ???? You'd have no cash anyway.
Sorry, but that's just plain stupid

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
/a/ is helping you, you just think that you need to exploit others through the current economic system.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symp EL
Stop being a "hacktivast" groupie and do something productive.

Today's my day off. I was productive yesterday, and I work tonight, and I'm going to spend all of tomorrow being productive. In fact, I'm gonna do some laundry now.

Hey, wait, you don't think free and open discourse is productive? What are you even doing here, then?

Originally posted by mryanbrown

The Anime board? Are they trying to keep Paypal working? I can't imagine why...
edit on 9-12-2010 by Solasis because: more humor!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

The idea is now out. It's about truth and transparency and the oppression of government. It's about pushing back against the government that is no longer OF or FOR the people.

Pushng back? What's being done is like you having the cops show up to your house they beat and abuse you and throw you in jail. You finally get out and are pissed so you go shoot a bunch of your innocent nieghbors to get back at the cops and raise your fist and say take that coppers.... Do you think the rest of the nieghbors are going to join your cause? Nope they are going to come and take you out.

That is a perfect analogy of what these WL fan boys and girls are doing. Weak minded fools think this is the first step in bringing down corrupt government...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

I think the whole paypal made a mistake thing is a matter of opinion. It is your opinion that PayPal made a mistake and it is another's opinion that they did not make a mistake.

From your point of view you they did something you don't agree with and yes you should exercise your ability to choose another method of conducting transactions online. However, PayPal's actions may not be questionable to everyone. There are those whom would say Wikileaks is damaging to our national security and that they must be stopped. That is their opinion and they have every right to continue to do business with PayPal should they choose to do so; or even to increase their relationship with PayPay in support of their actions.

Are you to tell me that you feel entitled to your opinion and course of action but think they should be denied there opinion and subsequent course of action? If you feel this way please explain why it is ok for you to feel and act a certain way but not ok for PayPal and how your view is different from a totalitarian, authoritarian, or autocratic viewpoint?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Gotta say, I'm surprised I can't count on the support of ATS members if Anon(or any other majority supported group) impacts my way of living. That's what this thread is teaching me. For all the talk of fighting the power and making everything better for people, you all seem to toss aside anyone effected. It also shows that most of you are so brainwashed to this "anti" and "pro" propaganda you are absolutely blind to the damages either side is capable of. Wikileaks does good and PayPal is a means of living for a great deal of people, which is also good, but since Paypal has been designated the "enemy", it's okay to potentially screw over anyone involved with it?

Funny, because in any other thread most of you champion this cause of not letting a single innocent person be hurt by any power struggle. However, the second it conflicts with your beliefs or who you support you couldn't care less and blame the persons impacted. It's sad, because between this kind of showing and the fact most of you seem to have these ideas on what people should do about how you could run just about anything better, I'm just seeing the blind, one-sided, brainwashed politicians and governments of the "mainstream" on a smaller scale.

Wonder if any tech guys got the axe over this harmless "prank"? Oh yeah, they deserve it for supporting the corporations and politicial interests of our corrupt goverment! how dare they try to make a living and not see this coming!

-----
Hypothetical, given the attitudes I'm seeing from some posters;
If anon attacks a power grid and indirectly shuts down power to a hospital or old folks home and some people die, is it their fault for being "sheeple" who are trying to enjoy a quality of life or continue enjoying their days? I'm honestly wondering, or is it "bad enough" then because people are dying as opposed to people losing their means of continuing a quality of life?
------
Anon and various other "champions of the internet" are the quickest route to internet censorship. These attacks are proving -nothing- in the long run except raising fears of what the internet community is capable of. So the simplest solution would be to regulate it.

I'm not saying Anon/whoever is solely wrong, I'm not saying PayPal is completely wrong, but I don't see the point, unless it's just a flawed reaction by the groups, in these giant shows of force unless it -conspiracy slant here- is pushing an agenda. Since anon is just that, it would be easy for nefarious powers to infiltrate and like a sith lord, whisper suggestions of what to do into the ears of the waiting army.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

The idea is now out. It's about truth and transparency and the oppression of government. It's about pushing back against the government that is no longer OF or FOR the people.

Pushng back? What's being done is like you having the cops show up to your house they beat and abuse you and throw you in jail. You finally get out and are pissed so you go shoot a bunch of your innocent nieghbors to get back at the cops and raise your fist and say take that coppers.... Do you think the rest of the nieghbors are going to join your cause? Nope they are going to come and take you out.

That is a perfect analogy of what these WL fan boys and girls are doing. Weak minded fools think this is the first step in bringing down corrupt government...

No, it's a deeply flawed analogy... It's more like when you get out, you go and knock over the mailboxes of the cops who beat you. It breaks open and a wind blows the bills away, so the cops never get around to paying those bills. Your neighbor, who happens to run XCEL energy, doesn't get his payment from those cops in a timely manner. He's frustrated by this and starts telling everyone that it's your fault.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

That is one totally ridiculous analogy that make no logical sense. Paypal, Amazon and Mastercard are not "neighbors". They are actively supporting the elimination of free speech and the freedom of the press. That IS NOT THE SAME THING>

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I must say I'm baffled about the reactions of some people (and the whole media) to all this. Are you aware that "Anonymous" is not a group at all? It is only a way of rallying people under a common cause that usually is incredible brittle and fluid due to the very nature of a self-assembling self-organizing group.

What you have here is not a bunch of elite hackers or a shady conspirative group, it's just a crowd of people addicted to message boards and social networks that, thanks to the stupid simplicity of the Low Orbit Ion Cannon are able to do their bit in a peacuful protest without need for previous formation.

Anonymous has struck before and will strike in the future, because it can be detained or stopped or sued, this is because they are not an organization, and most likely the people responsible for each hit is different. The reason why this particular protest is being so succesful is that the internet community is very aware of the sittuation, and even the most onanistic, wow-addicted teenager feels compelled to act in the face of the facts uncovered by WikiLeaks and the subsequent unlawful harassment.

It is true that a corporation is technically allowed to end bussiness with someone at any time, but any respectable company should give advance notice. In this case, imagine that just because the corporation discovers that you are gay (not insulting, just making a point) decides to cut you off of that resource so vital to you that you cannot be 6 hours without it. I think acts like this sit a very dangerous precedent, and should be subject to popular protest.

Because don't get hyped up, this is not a war, this is not a terrorist assault. This is a peaceful, bloodless protest made by people. People who is really worried that high profile political figures can get away with murder and torture, and that your tax money goes to militar contractors who spend it on child prostitutes. Given the general reaction to what is essentially a prank, I think most of you should already be rioting and demanding the heads of your government. But, then again, international crimes from your own government apparently pale in comparison to a small prank that directly affects you somehow.

And by the way, I find extremely amusing that some people think that spend your days in a basement handling information makes you somewhat less intelligent or entitled to an opinion, very broad thinking of you.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If Paypal didn't go along with the rest and listing to the corrupted politicians. The OP seems selfish and people like him this government and paypal, visa mastercard can get away with doing so. People should boycott paypal all together for one day. wikileaks hasn't done anything wrong or proven guilty of any wrong doing. Papal and friends are starting to spread internet censorship which we must fight for our freedom of the net.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

It's not hurting paypal one bit they are large enough to weather much bigger storms then this. It is only hurting small businesses who use thier services and are already struggling to survive in this economy. So yes it is akin to shooting your neighbor and not those responsible
edit on 9-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join