It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Paypal.com is up 24 hours good and well

So you guys hit the site and it takes less then a minute and you conclude everything is fine 24/7... Amazing.

Last night papypal was down for hours, do you know how much business could be lost in that time? How much food that takes off the table of bnusiness owners? Even if the average transaction is only $70 multiply that by millions a day an hour etc. and you get an idea how serious this is.
edit on 9-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
amazon.com is working perfectly anon has done NOTHING TODAY

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Earlier someone equated Anon with Terrorists. This is laughable. A far better analogy to Anon is a high school prank on a global scale. Anon's 'attack' on Visa, MC, & Paypal amounts to the internet's equivalent of TPing the local principal's house when he enacts a rule the kiddies don't like.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by xavi1000
Paypal.com is up 24 hours good and well

So you guys hit the site and it takes less then a minute and you conclude everything is fine 24/7... Amazing.

Last night papypal was down for hours, do you know how much business could be lost in that time? How much food that takes off the table of bnusiness owners? Even if the average transaction is only $70 multiply that by millions a day an hour etc. and you get an idea how serious this is.
edit on 9-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

Do you know how much food has been taken off my table and all others' table by the crooks in Washington giving trillions to Wall Street? What ever goes around comes around.

There was Rain, then Floods, then Fire, Locusts ..

My guess is the Wikileaks thing is just one of the first shoes to drop.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop
Earlier someone equated Anon with Terrorists. This is laughable. A far better analogy to Anon is a high school prank on a global scale. Anon's 'attack' on Visa, MC, & Paypal amounts to the internet's equivalent of TPing the local principal's house when he enacts a rule the kiddies don't like.

They sound like terrorists to me -- similar to the terrorists in DC.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My predictions are materializing I see. I'm also fairly disgusted at many members here. This thread is full of personal attacks that have not been removed.

Anon is not accomplishing anything other than proving what people already thought; that they are just a bunch of bullies and thugs, angry at the world and in need of psychiatric care or imprisonment. You can't fix the world, by destroying the world. Hero's lead, Losers engage in violence and criminal acts. Anon are Losers.

I wonder, does ATS have the courage to enforce their own rules, or will ATS cower in fear of Anon and let these attacks continue on their intelligent members. Remains to be seen.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by vexxev

Yeah. I have to agree with you. This is why I frequently question who's behind it. And what is to be gained.
In this case, the end result is the tighter control you are talking about.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

Do you know how much food has been taken off my table and all others' table by the crooks in Washington giving trillions to Wall Street? What ever goes around comes around. There was Rain, then Floods, then Fire, Locusts .. My guess is the Wikileaks thing is just one of the first shoes to drop.

So let me get this straight since government harms folks as you describe you think it is a good thing to further harm more folks and it is somehow payback for crooked government harming folks? Tell me how does this hurt government? It only hurt real people who are already victims of government and are now being hurt by their fellow man.

if you think this is the first shoe dropping you are mistaken. You people need to learn who your enemy really is. Going off half cocked will not help the cause of freedom it will only hurt it and make it that much harder when the opportunity comes to really change things. This will do nothing but give them excuse to lock us down further and turn millions of potential allies against you.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
These actions by Anon and Assange were doomed to backfire from the start. In the end, they will only hurt innocent people and not touch a hair on the heads of the people they pretend to be going after. Sad so many are so lacking in basic critical thinking skills, they can not see the forest for the trees.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Wrong! You either don't know what you are talking about or are lying.
They didn't shut the service down, just the website.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
You can't fix the world, by destroying the world. Hero's lead, Losers engage in violence and criminal acts. Anon are Losers.

As do/are many of the entities exposed in the Wikileaks files to start with. THEY are destroying the world.

Shame your passion isn't focused on those who should not be trusted in the FIRST place eh?
edit on 9/12/2010 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This thread is ridiculous. "Hurting business"? And what about big guberment hurting your civil liberties, your First Amendment rights as well as your right to a free Internet???

No matter how big or small your business is, if YOU keep on being associated with Paypal -that collaborated with authorities to take down the right of Assange to collect donations to finance his trial (which is totally legal, btw)- then YOU are supporting the wrong cause. You are supporting fascism, as a fusion between State power and big corporations, and as a totalitarian tyranny where it's not longer possible to freely publish valid information or express yourself over the web. You are contributing in destroying the web as it is, by NOT boycotting Paypal as tons of users are doing right now.

You have no legitimacy to complain for this, mister/madam. Realize that you are on the WRONG side of the war, and we won't care about your assets as long as you don't reconsider your stance over the battlefield. This is YOUR power, as a business manager... if you are for real of course.

Thought money has no color? You thought wrong.
edit on 9/12/10 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Please tell me that someone has called this out as false or Hoax at least once in all these pages. This is not true!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

To say that Anon is using force is kind of messed up. Anon is demonstrating distaste. They are not completely silencing anyone -- the websites come back up and are not eliminated. No one is physically harmed.

So physically disrupting thier service and depriving millions of thier lively hood without the consent of those affected is not force?

Millions losing thier lively hood that feeds thier family is not physically harming anyone? Wow you have a strange view of things....

Have you ever had to support and feed a family? Or run a business where others depend on you for a job?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The proof is in the pudding...

The typical response by the government to leaked data is to ignore it, and avoid prosecution at all costs because it legitimizes the leaks. In this case, they have been willing to legitimize the leaked data based on their actions, which leads one to believe that they know of more damaging evidence still out there and they are willing to legitimize the existing leaks to try and quell the damaging leaks that have yet to be released.

As far as everything else goes.... This is just the beginning. Once TSHTF really bad, it's going to be funny to watch people that react this badly to something as small as a DDOS attack on MC Visa and PP, react to some of the more hardcore S41t that's to come.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The answer to Anon's DDOS stunts shouldn't involve the govt at all. What it should do is make some internet security company gobs of money when they figure out a way to stop DDOS attacks then sell this technology to the big companies. It's not the govt's responsibility to cover the vulnerability that leaves these sites open to such a simple form of disruption.

I'm afraid though that our lovely leaders will use this episode to tighten controls on the internet which in my lowly opinion would be foolish & lead to larger issues down the road.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
ok, rather terrorism ... how 'bout equating Anon to Natural Phenomenon? If Anon were the winds and waters of Katrina, we would adjust. If Anon were the force of the seas that decimated Indonesia, we would adjust. If Anon were the 'neighborhood bullies', we WOULD adjust. Why is it such a problem, now?

Cheers to those who participate in Anon ... i am not one. Had thought about it years ago and now, am almost sorry i didn't.

When Mother Nature decides it is 'time for a cleansing' ... does she consider the 'consequences or collateral damage'? Do we, as people, decry Mother Nature as an unforgiving terrorist ... i think not.

When TPTB become the terrorists of the people, apply the chains of servitude or deny their own participation in the destruction, it is OUR duty, as Humans (no nationality needed) to adjust ... gooooooooo Anon ... stability only occurs after the falls of failure ... ask any human just learning to walk ... This, is one of the first lessons in life.

As much as i feel bad for those suffering (from these attacks) ... i feel worse for those who are still UNaware ... it is they who will suffer greatest. btw: i have waltzed through picket lines to get needed services, it is possible if you Choose such. If you choose to accept the pain and suffering of said attacks, the only words i have for you came from my scout leaders ... Your lack of preparation does not constitute an emergency on my behalf.

Please understand, i am disheartened by the losses and the collateral damages, however, all is fair in love and war and last i checked ... this ain't love, baby.

link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Please tell me that someone has called this out as false or Hoax at least once in all these pages. This is not true!

I do.

Wouldn,t be surprised that it's just another psyops TROLL.

link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
In the end, they will only hurt innocent people and not touch a hair on the heads of the people they pretend to be going after.

Echos of Bin Laden there.

Oh, the irony!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by etcorngods

Do you know how much food has been taken off my table and all others' table by the crooks in Washington giving trillions to Wall Street? What ever goes around comes around. There was Rain, then Floods, then Fire, Locusts .. My guess is the Wikileaks thing is just one of the first shoes to drop.

So let me get this straight since government harms folks as you describe you think it is a good thing to further harm more folks and it is somehow payback for crooked government harming folks? Tell me how does this hurt government? It only hurt real people who are already victims of government and are now being hurt by their fellow man.

if you think this is the first shoe dropping you are mistaken. You people need to learn who your enemy really is. Going off half cocked will not help the cause of freedom it will only hurt it and make it that much harder when the opportunity comes to really change things. This will do nothing but give them excuse to lock us down further and turn millions of potential allies against you.

Where did you get that silly "LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT .... " line. Wikileaks has not been convicted of anything. They are on the wrong side ot our government. Our government gets PayPal, VISA, MC to punish Wikileaks. Anon punishes PayPal, VISA, MC.

The leaders will not be leading anymore if the people demand their replacement. Thank God for ANON!!!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join