It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
If this continues it won't matter if the DEMS give tax cuts to the rich or not. There won't BE a middle class because small business will die. It won't take long either.

~Keeper
edit on 12/8/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

I highly doubt the well-being and survival of the entire middle class is completely dependent on paypal. Are you a shareholder or something? Tell paypal to stop seizing funds from their users for political reasons.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I just want to say, that I am pleased that the group ANON has shut down your business, perhaps by doing this worldwide people will start to wake up to what is going on in this world. Paypal are thieves and I fully support all the work that ANON and others are doing on behalf of Wikileaks.

To all the fan boys and girls who think this is cool or participate in these attacks let me first say karma is a biatch! These attacks are not cool or sticking it to the man, they are hurting real families! WL is no hero!! It is a CIA construct and you are an enemy of freedom if you think others have the right to force through these attacks people to chose whom they do or do not do business with. if Paypal is a thief then prove it. No one is forced to used paypal they do it of thier own free will. But Anon is forcing people not to use paypal by tampering with their service yet you geniuses seem to think that is freedom. Force and freedom are diametrically opposed. All those who participate in this are no better then rogue governments who do the same in forcing people to thier will hence enemies to freedom!

And to all the idiots saying just use an alternative other then paypal why doesn't WL do that if it is so simple? Instead of whining and crying and bringing in lawyers and having thier fan boys and girls do cyber attacks why don't they set the example of freedom of choice they claim to stand for and change vendors and ask everyone else to do the same and let each decide for themselves if they are such freedom lovers?

edit on 9-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2010 by Springer because: Removed Member Focused insulting dialog

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
lol. Good for Anon. Sorry to hear so many are losing thousands of dollars because of the attack. I do not agree with the extra damage being caused by Anon but, PayPal is just one of the many corporations in this world that need to be taught a lesson. And big brother giving these corporations a slap on the wrist every time they screw over the US economy isn't working....as we have seen. Drastic change does not come without drastic measures.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by tothetenthpower

absolutley unbelievable

i hope your bussiness doesnt suffer greatly

now my opinion on this issue

this IS the fault of " anon " and NOT paypal

anyone who thinks otherise please tell me what happended to paypals freedom to refuse to support wikilieaks

Sure they are free to not support wikileaks. But there are always consequences to actions. Freedom does not mean lack of consequences. duh.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

And to all the idiots saying just use an alternative other then paypal why doesn't WL do that if is so simple? instead ow whining and crying and bringing in lawyers and having thier fan boys and girls do cyber attacks why don't they just set the example of freedom of choice and change vendors and ask everyone else to do the same and let each decide for themselves if they are such freedom lovers?

Wikileaks is using other methods of payment. They haven't brought in any lawyers to the paypal controversy. They didn't tell anyone to do cyber attacks -- the cyber attackers are independent of Wikileaks.

Pay a little attention before you freak out.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

maybe you should take your own advice it is all over the net they have lawyers threatening law suites... Sigh

www.timeslive.co.za...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The threatened lawsuit is not by WikiLeaks, it's by WikiLeaks' payment processor. It is not against Paypal, it is against Visa and Mastercard. There's a huge difference in a number of ways. www.thehindu.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You realize the money orders cost money to my company and the customer right?

Finding alternatives will make my prices skyrocket.

How is that beneficial to me or my customer?

I am currently beating my competitors because I can offer a great service CHEAP.

As other posters mentioned I should not be punished for the acts of wikileaks and big corporations who yield to political pressure.

~Keeper

No I agree you shouldn't be punished because of a political agenda but by offering a cheap service your company should expect that comes with a certain amount of risk.

what if paypal folded tomorrow - irrespective of the Anon involvement using a sole provider to process all your transactions is a heavy risk on your business. I don't think you can blame any particular entity, it's all cause and effect. If you think this is bad you just wait, the info war potential has now been unleashed and cyber attacks on mainstream organisations will be initiated on a regular basis, I believe, for various agenda's.

I lost some money through the outage but I still support the action - it's for the greater good plus I didn't see paypal freezing any of the hundreds of other dubious accounts they hold, nor did Mastercard or Visa come to think of it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
I work 60+ hours a week to help pay for system that constantly lies to me and wants to restrict my freedoms too.

This will also affect me and my family.

But in war you have hard times ahead that makes you see the real priorities in life. And that does not include buying more new stuff that you dont need that helps to keep you in financial servitude.

Its family, friends, a roof and some food.

The rest is surface crap.

This will hurt me too. But I say bring it on because I want my kids to live in a world where truth reigns and not one where they are in bondage by the few who blind us with lies.

I love your threads tttp, but you have lost all respect in my eyes.

Taking one for the truth is much more preferable than being lied too.

Unless of course you like your gilded cage?

Its all good until it gets real huh?

Great post.
I could not agree more.
I also usually enjoy tttp's posts..
but this thread is a good indicator of "colors".
and they seem to have shown through.
Sad

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

To all the fan boys and girls who think this is cool or participate in these attacks let me first say karma is a biatch!

Yup.
It sure is.

Ask paypal,
the are tasting karma right now.

Stop fooling yourself.
You don't know.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Why doesn't wikileasks tell Anon to stand down then if they are such supporters of freedom? Anon is using force on people. If wikileaks is such a freedom fighter and has nothing to do with the fan boys and girls cyber attack they shoud be speaking out against it since they are now such an icon of freedom should they not?

And yeah of course WL has nothing to do with thier payment processor bringing suit... Yeah they are just innocent victims here... Sigh

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Would that be this paypal?

www.paypal.com...

Running fine at the time of this post.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Lysergic

You are right about that.

I'm effectively loosing thousands of dollars of business an hour because of these clowns.

~Keeper

Then your business is doomed to fail anyway. No self-respecting business person with even the slightest high school understanding of accountaing would pay the exorbitant rates that PayPal charges to even their very best customers.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
reply to post by hawkiye

To all the fan boys and girls who think this is cool or participate in these attacks let me first say karma is a biatch!

Yup.
It sure is.

Ask paypal,
the are tasting karma right now.

Stop fooling yourself.
You don't know.

Who has paypal harmed? They facilitate millions of people getting paid in thier lively hoods, they force no one to use thier services. Anon is causing harm to millions using force and their karma will be great for it!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Paypal.com is up 24 hours good and well

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is just the beginning. I'm sure there will be more attacks. As long as they keep wanting to try and police the internet then keep bringing on the attacks. We need the defense.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Are we saying civilisation now depends on Paypal ?

Without Paypal we can't survive as a species ?

For gods sake get a grip.

It's a crappy company which has with the support of equally dubious businesses been elevated to a ridiculous status.

Everyone should do themselves a favour and find another way to do business.

With many different ways of paying it won't be possible to stop business, never mind civilisation

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

@ Xavialune~

I just want to say that you handle ignorant hypocrites who can do nothing but throw cheap insults at others..
Very well!

Much Respect to you my friend.
You handle the fools much better than I. lol

link   
reply to post by hawkiye

To say that Anon is using force is kind of messed up. Anon is demonstrating distaste. They are not completely silencing anyone -- the websites come back up and are not eliminated. No one is physically harmed.

I'm not sure why Wikileaks doesn't ask them to stop. It might be because they're smart enough to know that trying to tell Anon to do anything is a terrible idea doomed to failure.

link   
reply to post by hawkiye

They did hold on to donations made to notch, which would of been damaging to him while the funds were held.

www.rockpapershotgun.com...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join