It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

You want to know what to think.

Divide and Conquer.

Problem....Reaction....Solution

It is the same tactic used over and over and over again, and it is being employed this very second.
Read the thread. Divide and conquer.

Roman culling strategy.
Win the fight without having to fight.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

look, it sucks that Op and those like him have suffered because of this, but as others have pointed out, he should have had a backup and some other form of payment. Services like paypal are never infallible. If he has lost revenue by not ensuring backup methods of payment, that is his own fault.

I am a small business owner and a Quality Engineer. Any company that goes sole source without back-up gets what they deserve.

I have seen major corporations lose millions of dollars to the "ISO" "Just-in-time" bull. A bad snow storm; a fire; some disgruntled employee throwing a hand full of scrap from the machine shop down the hopper; the wrong chemical/parts delivered, or in this case an internet connection going down, it does not matter.

A smart business person DOES NOT SOLE SOURCE.

Consider your self lucky and look at it as a learning experience.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'll support any group trying to draw attention to freedom of speech and the right to know the truth such as wikileaks.

But these little kids don't know the extent they are hurting honest and innocent people with their games.

Did you say that when the very country you live in took the lives of the children of Iraq...Our very own goverments go in an kill Innocent people all over the world...and does that matter...yet cause you might have to make alterior plans to subsidize your business by setting up another porta; for collection of money....Least your alive to be able to do that.

This might sound a bit harsh but it is the collateral damage of war...and cause your customers might have to be inconvienced during this episode does that still mean that they are no longer with us....this is all going to get a whole lot worse and you believe that your same Goverment cares...then why not just go and knock on the halls of parliment and see what they tell you,

I bet they say this is because of Wikileaks....and sorry you will just have to suffer....your tax dollars pay for the same politicians that we elect so that they can decieve us all and they can use and abuse the people without any concern for our welfare or the sacrifices we have to endure while they fill their filth ridden pockets.

Life is short and it has it's many ups and downs...so when a global war breaks out and we are all in peril at the expense of these same so called diplomats that use the people of the planet for the people that dont even want these wars or these politically made enemies. We sit back and take it up the proverbial A#$ are you going to cry a river to others who will need to try to feed themselves and put a roof over their heads.

So go on and stop supporting an Entity that is being used as a catalyst to control us more and more and we will be sad for your monetary losses as you might not be able to feed your children or pay an Employee while the Govermenments inflict pain and suffering on us all....also the very products you speak of are probably being made by people who have nothing living on a subsistance from a third world country which Governments ensure happens so that we can keep on getting cheap goods and that is why china is so hated by the west right now as the population of China wants the good things in life and is going to make things cost more.

Nope the problem is not Anon...as your right they are mostly likely small groups of kid hackers making a name for themselves....but If you look at it Are they really...are you soooo sure. Could it possibly more of the ploy of the Government doing the hacking to make the Internet seem like it needs more controls...yet another false flag operation to get people to say it's ok for more controls to be put in place and we the (STUPID) people accept this for our own good....by your post i can see that your one to just roll over and take it...So keep on rolling and start asking your government to control this by taking more rights off the populace...i know many will come running to your side right now...but i for one am not so fooled...The MSM only plays out what they want us to hear,,,,you should realize that by now...I was told as a young lad...ALWAYS WATCH THE NEWS...then read between the lines to really know whats going on as the news lies.

Right now the MSM is telling us lies....and they are doing it to control the Internet with the backing of the people and people are completely being fooled.

edit on 113131p://f05Thursday by plube because: fixing my bad granmas' speeeeling

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A question to all of you who are saying that paypal shouldn't be able to chose their customers.

Why not?

Seriously, you would deny a serial murderer access into your home would you not? Would you let him into your business? How about a theif? Someone whose falsely accused your family of something? Someone who desires to do you harm?

If you own the business, shouldn't that choice be up to you? Not someone else? Isn't leaving that choice up to someone else a form of Tyranny? Isn't it giving someone else the power over your freedom?

How is this different?

Maybe it's something that pay pal said in the past? That they would be natural? People do change their minds from time to time.

Suppose they had decided to back wikileaks, and the government came in and crushed them. Would Anon save them? Would you care? Instead they chose the other side, they decided to go with governments request, and now some 'concerned' citizens are taking matters into their own hands. Will the government save them? Can they?

Ask these questions to yourself.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Vaykun because: Grammer

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Hey Gang,

Just wanted to point out that this ANON group which is apparently "helping" by doing DDOS attacks on Paypal are hurting businesses all accross the world.

Mine for example.

Our payment transaction systems are all done through Paypal and as of about 3 hours ago I am unable to collect payments from my customer's in any sort of way.

Way to go ANON. I'm officially NOT supporting you anymore.

~Keeper
edit on 12/8/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Have you heard of Solidarity?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to point out that this ANON group which is apparently "helping" by doing DDOS attacks on Paypal are hurting businesses all accross the world.

Mine for example.

Our payment transaction systems are all done through Paypal and as of about 3 hours ago I am unable to collect payments from my customer's in any sort of way.

~Keeper

There are more important things than your money!

You want truth and a revolution? Then this is part of the price you and everyone has to pay. This entire system needs to collapse and be exposed for what it is...and if loosing all your or my money is going to get the job done...I say burn the money. Burn every single corrupt, backward agenda they have unleashed upon us. Quiote frankly, I'm no where near satisfied with the retaliation of the people! Hackers everywhere should be bringing these people down, left, right and center. The people like me and you need to understand...freedom of oppression, freedom of illusion and freedom of corruption comes with a very hefty price. You are either with us, or against us. Nothing is worse than a slave begging to remain a slave because he/she cannot see any other life.
Well sir, if that is the case, beg for yourself alone...do not beg for me...and do not beg that your children remain slaves, like you!

That is all.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods

You have the mentality of "Don't rock the Boat".

My guess is, you are a corporate bureaucrat, who comes from a long line of corporate bureaucrats.

Actually, I come from a long line of farmers and Framers and was the first in my family to get a college education and now work in Engineering. Nice try though.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
What i want to know is who give these hacker the power to judge who is good and who is bad? There is a fine line between playing the Hero part and playing the Hero part too much and turning into a Villain.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Hey Gang,

Mine for example.

~Keeper

actually,it was paypal that shut down the wikileaks business. and this was at the behest of the US gov.

though i dont agree with anons tactics, the issue is much deeper than them.

1. paypal should be set up to handle this contingnency if they are going to act on political urgings.
2. the US has no business stopping anyone from receiving money.... this was labeled free speech by the supreme court for christ sake
3. never depend on paypal, but use it as another means of paying. Most online businesses i use offer a variety of means to accept payment. dont put all your eggs in one basket.
edit on 9-12-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
What i want to know is who give these hacker the power to judge who is good and who is bad? There is a fine line between playing the Hero part and playing the Hero part too much and turning into a Villain.

probably the same type of authority that thought it was ok to send a letter to paypal from the US gov stating that they stop the money flow to WL

lets not forget the real villain here...

this is the cost we pay for standing up for freedom... even if it takes us down with it
edit on 9-12-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well you can set up personal debit card payments online. Isnt that a smart way to go, of course, best to open a small inexpensive bank account just for that, in a different branch, and only put small monies in it, in case, anyone hacks it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

probably the same type of authoroty that thought it was ok to send a letter to paypal from the US gov stating that they stop the money flow to WL

lets not forget the real villain here...

this is the cost we pay for standing up for freedom... even if it takes us down with it

Yeah and paypal also has the freedom to do business with whom they want. If you take that freedom away then what are you left with?
edit on 9-12-2010 by Ancient Champion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Government intervention in banking was viewed by many as fascism. But this is a blatant kind of fascism that not one Human on Earth can ignore. The moment a government can control the action of corporations for their own political benefit IT IS MOST DEFINITELY FASCISM!

Without a doubt, the government controlling corporations in the way that we have seen is fascism, and it is global!

What do you people not understand about this? Why is it so hard to grasp. And why is it so difficult to understand the response of the PUBLIC.

You almost have it right. It is the Bankers and Corporate Cartels who are controlling the governments.

Revolving Door: 1,447 Former Government Workers Lobbying For Wall Street

Government-industry revolving door

NOW HIRING: K Street lobbyists for chief of staff positions

The Legal Prostitution of K STREET

You might want to look at this reference thread on Bankers

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

no they dont... they terminated their account with WL because the US Gov made them...

where is the freedom in that?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcabII

There are more important things than your money!

I agree, MY MONEY is more important than your money!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

I guess I must be confused as to what truths taking down a credit card site and paypal is going to reveal.

This is nothing but a stupid childish revenge attack because paypal did something that anon don't like, it isn't going to make paypal change it's mind, it isn't going to effect any kind of legal case for or against Mr Assange, it won't effect how or when or if all of the cables are released in fact it hasn't achieved one single thing apart from inconveniencing a lot of small business owners.

The only thing it's akin to is some dumb Mafia protection racket where they tell a shop owner that if he doesn't carry on supporting them then they're going to come in and smash up his shop with a Baseball bat. In fact it's even more stupid then that, paypal has barely been effected for one evening, they might as well have gone to the head office and thrown eggs at the windows for all they have achieved

edit on 9-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Ancient Champion

no they dont... they terminated their account with WL because the US Gov made them...

where is the freedom in that?

Any company in the USA has the right to refuse business with anyone.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

I guess I must be confused as to what truths taking down a credit card site and paypal is going to reveal.

This is nothing but a stupid childish revenge attack because paypal did something that anon don't like, it isn't going to make paypal change it's mind, it isn't going to effect any kind of legal case for or against Mr Assange, it won't effect how or when or if all of the cables are released in fact it hasn't achieved one single thing apart from inconveniencing a lot of small business owners.

The only thing it's akin to is some dumb Mafia protection racket where they tell a shop owner that if he doesn't carry on supporting them then they're going to come in and smash up his shop with a Baseball bat. In fact it's even more stupid then that, paypal has barely been effected for one evening, they might as well have gone to the head office and thrown eggs at the windows for all they have achieved

edit on 9-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

It is called "Civil Disobedience" -- and the children had to do it because the adults did nothing -- thank god for the childish hackers.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

Civil disobedience is the non violent refusal to obey certain laws that you disagree with.

Which law is it that they are protesting?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
In the Information Age that we now live in, where everything is controlled with the internet, hackers have extraordinary power. It seems the power that big government has taken from it's citizens has finally bit them in the ***. Role reversal, if you will. Karma is a *****.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join